Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
Originally Posted by Texas Booster
Three years of Platinum, five years of Plat Premiere brought me to lifetime plat last year, so they "downgraded" me to lifetime plat.

Just noticed that I am Plat Premiere again. Maybe I can impress some FDA agent this year, it doesn't seem to be worth much else.

In fairness, when I get rooms for friends, even on points, they get upgrades and are treated very well. Maybe I am just spoiled.

I am going to be Lifetime Platinum by the end of the year, or maybe early in 2018. I've been Platinum for at least two years now. It may be three years. I don't know how to check that.

But once you are Platinum Plus can they downgrade you to Platinum if you don't stay enough nights? Are there is there any other criteria that would merit a downgrade?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not Platinum Plus and it's granted every year by invitation only. If you don't stay enough nights or otherwise meet the criteria according to the secret metrics, of course you'll be downgraded. There are people who post on FT who are former PPs.

PP isn't a lifetime status and AFAIK has no lifetime version.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by icydog
I am going to be Lifetime Platinum by the end of the year, or maybe early in 2018. I've been Platinum for at least two years now. It may be three years. I don't know how to check that.

But once you are Platinum Plus can they downgrade you to Platinum if you don't stay enough nights? Are there is there any other criteria that would merit a downgrade?
If you are talking Platinum Premier, yes, you can/will be downgraded as soon as someone else pushes you out of the top 3%. There is no fixed line, as in #nights , #stays , or $ spent, to make you PP. So if you relax your stay pattern, almost guaranteed you will loose PP.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If you are talking Platinum Premier, yes, you can/will be downgraded as soon as someone else pushes you out of the top 3%. There is no fixed line, as in #nights , #stays , or $ spent, to make you PP. So if you relax your stay pattern, almost guaranteed you will loose PP.
I've been PP for a few years. I'm a little nervous this year ... I have 80 Marriott nights so far but have 25 Starwood nights ... I think I need to stop staying at Starwood properties for the rest of the year ... not that PP means that much.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by icydog
I am a LTP and have been a PP for 3 out of the past 4 years. I was downgraded back to "Platinum" two years ago and pushed back up to PP last year.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:17 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
I am P.P for the first time this year. I have had many Marriott stays, no different treatment from when I was Platinum Elite, and not even sure how I made P.P. I received a congrats letter from Marriott and a small gift I gave to my husband. Not sure what the big deal is? If I don't make it next year won't bother me.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:38 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mav
I am P.P for the first time this year. I have had many Marriott stays, no different treatment from when I was Platinum Elite, and not even sure how I made P.P. I received a congrats letter from Marriott and a small gift I gave to my husband. Not sure what the big deal is? If I don't make it next year won't bother me.
Gold UA Status.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:39 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Chewie
I am a LTP and have been a PP for 3 out of the past 4 years. I was downgraded back to "Platinum" two years ago and pushed back up to PP last year.
When you dropped to Platinum how many nights did you have in the prior year?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by t1c
PP is not based upon nights alone, but a myriad of items including spend and how they feel that day. Do not look for a finite line to cross because all it takes is one person to spend a $1 more than you and you're out.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:38 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by t1c
Gold UA Status.
I am 1k now, and should reach million miler sometime in the next 4 or 5 months. When I hit million miler I'll have lifetime Gold. Just wish I was younger so I could reach 4 million miler and lifetime Global Services
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
Originally Posted by t1c
Gold UA Status.

My only reason for asking. I want to be UA Gold, not Silver--since Silver really doesn't offer much at all
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:35 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by RogerD408
PP is not based upon nights alone, but a myriad of items including spend and how they feel that day. Do not look for a finite line to cross because all it takes is one person to spend a $1 more than you and you're out.
I know I'm PP myself. I was just asking about the nights.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by t1c
i don't recall, but it wasn't too far off from the number of nights I had when I was made a PP.

My stay patterns haven't changed much in 15+ years.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I just logged on the new web site this AM and have dropped from PP to P.

Anyone else drop?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK this is the wrong time of year for PP status to be re-evaluated. For now, let's assume it's a glitch, although you could call MR and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.