Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
HUCA. I've heard of non-elites talking their way into the 5 night awards. https://thepointsguy.com/2016/02/mar...ight-packages/
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mroseman13
HUCA. I've heard of non-elites talking their way into the 5 night awards. https://thepointsguy.com/2016/02/mar...ight-packages/
True, and I have tried in the past (I am a HUCA vet), but it became clear recently that Marriott was tightening up/communicating better with its employees regarding the 5-night Travel Packages.

I had hoped that this was a change of policy, but the PP agent contacted MR, who then asked higher ups. I spent a lot of time on hold as the issue was researched, so I'm pretty confident that this is not a new PP benefit. At least not now.

Which doesn't mean one can't HUCA, but that was the status prior to this.

Last edited by lexdevil; Mar 27, 2017 at 12:20 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+ 2

Originally Posted by t1c
Nice find!
Yes, +2 on this
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I(PP) tried after seeing this today, no luck. Agents said it's not benefit and no way to get me 5N. Tried 3 diff agents.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by lexdevil

The annual tchotchke and United Gold status (temporary offer) appear to be the only differentiation between Plat and Plat Premier. That is unless you consider having front desk staff mistakenly believe that you are not/are less than Platinum, which is another kind of differentiation entirely.
I was suddenly PP this year and wondering about any incremental benefits. I don't remember getting any tchotchke, but is there a United Gold benefit? How do I get it?

Is there any other benefit besides the new phone #?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I was suddenly PP this year and wondering about any incremental benefits. I don't remember getting any tchotchke, but is there a United Gold benefit? How do I get it?

Is there any other benefit besides the new phone #?
The tchotchke, for US PPs, was a pouch for holding cables/earbuds that came with a phone charging cable.

Coverage of the United Gold for PPs is here.

The sign up form is here.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
So...sorry to report that this is not a benefit of Platinum Premier status.
What - Marriott is not clear as to what, exactly, PP means???? Say it ain't so, Joe...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Coverage of the United Gold for PPs is here.

The sign up form is here.
Thanks! I flew UA once last year as Silver (for the first time in years!) when I was only a lowly MR Plat.

So now I can be Gold in an airline I hardly ever fly.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Thanks! I flew UA once last year as Silver (for the first time in years!) when I was only a lowly MR Plat.

So now I can be Gold in an airline I hardly ever fly.
Maybe in the future Marriott will make sure any PP enhancement they make specifically benefits you, but until then, we are left with enhancements that are for the greater good of the tier itself.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Platinum Premier - Feeling the love only when spending, but not when redeeming?

It's been widely discussed that there is a minimal difference between Plat & PP. Having been PP for 5+ years, I'm continually irked by the lack of courtesy extended when it comes to point redemption. A PP member is not given any priority in reserving a stay with points, over the lowly silver member who has been saving their points for 20 years and can finally cash in. I just tried to book a Feb 2018 10 day Caribbean vacation using points and it wasn't available. 10 months in advance, and a PP still can't be accommodated?

A very easy solution would seem to be to allow PP's to redeem 12 months in advance, Plats 9 months, Gold 6 months and Silver 3 months.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I don't think they need to cut Silvers down to three months to accomplish what you want. Why not just allow PPs twelve months before everyone else can book at nine months? Even though I'm no longer PP, that would seem to be a nice, easy perk for PPs that really wouldn't cost Marriott anything. Cutting silvers down to 3 months - and what about non-elites? - would make it difficult to make vacation plans, taking into account plane tickets, requesting time off from work and the like.

One more thing... since that likely won't happen before you need your reservation, check back on the Marriott site DAILY to see if anything opens up. Look for individual dates, not all ten, and snag each date as it becomes open. Yes, its a PITA, but it works. I've done this many, many times and only twice did it fail me. Ironically, both times I was making reservations for others (friend's honeymoon day before cruise I got a CY, not a Boscolo, and sister's 30th wedding anniversary). You shouldn't have to go to this extreme, but if you really want the rooms, you may have to.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Swingtrain
I'm continually irked by the lack of courtesy extended when it comes to point redemption...

A very easy solution would seem to be to allow PP's to redeem 12 months in advance, Plats 9 months, Gold 6 months and Silver 3 months.
You conflate courtesy with a rules structure to allow you to get what you want. Could you have gotten a reward stay of somewhat less than ten days? Would (hypothetically) a reward for eight days plus two paid have been acceptable to you?

MR doesn't need any more complexity, with brand and weekday/weekend exceptions for benefits among many other details.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Swingtrain
A PP member is not given any priority in reserving a stay with points, over the lowly silver member who has been saving their points for 20 years and can finally cash in.
In a situation like this, I would say the Silver deserves the room more than the PP.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
In a situation like this, I would say the Silver deserves the room more than the PP.
Same
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Agree. And the Silver is going to give Marriott great word-of-mouth by repeatedly telling his friends how great Marriott is and that he/she received the room "free". On the other hand, at least in this case, IMO the OP won't be as gratuitous with the praise since he "expects" it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.