Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Received a letter in the mail on Saturday stating something to the effect that "While you were short on qualifying nights to reach Platinum Premier this year, we are pleased that you remain Platinum Elite..."

I'm assuming I'm PP through the end of the month; as my account still says PP.

I had PP for 3 years in a row, now dropped off going into the 4th year. I average around 140 nights a year, but this past year I was right at 125, excluding promo and bonus nights. Doing some basic calculations, my spend was right under $40K, including room rate and restaurant purchases. I don't have spend calculations for previous years, but I don't think I was far off this year.

The only major change from this year vs previous years, sans the 15 night difference was that nearly all my hotel stays (90%) were at international properties.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
220 nights in 2016, not PP this year. I'm guessing there is a revenue component as ~200 of those nights were on an incredibly low negotiated rate.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I was PP for 3 years (unexpectedly), then out which seems to be a common theme...
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Maybe they plan to kill it and replace it with the "Ambassador" service (whatever that is) referenced on loyalty lobby.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by txpenny
Maybe they plan to kill it and replace it with the "Ambassador" service (whatever that is) referenced on loyalty lobby.
I don't have my letter yet ... but I did receive a metal card a few days ago with Charter Member, Ambassador. Was wondering if that's a new level or something.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I received an email Feb. 7 saying I was part of the ambassador program, however have received nothing in the mail. Could this be the reason I was dropped from PP this year?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So is Ambassador higher or lower than PP?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Did anyone else receive the charter member metal card? Surprised I haven't seen it here.

At 130 nights last year ... reading above, I'm a little concerned I may get home and see the non-renewal letter for PP. Makes me wonder if I should have shifted those 10 nights to Starwood!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
My account still says PP for this year. However, have not received anything in the mail or an email.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:46 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by JHake10
My account still says PP for this year. However, have not received anything in the mail or an email.
Me either. I hear its coming in mid to late February.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by UnderEst
Received a letter in the mail on Saturday stating something to the effect that "While you were short on qualifying nights to reach Platinum Premier this year, we are pleased that you remain Platinum Elite..."

I'm assuming I'm PP through the end of the month; as my account still says PP.

I had PP for 3 years in a row, now dropped off going into the 4th year. I average around 140 nights a year, but this past year I was right at 125, excluding promo and bonus nights. Doing some basic calculations, my spend was right under $40K, including room rate and restaurant purchases. I don't have spend calculations for previous years, but I don't think I was far off this year.

The only major change from this year vs previous years, sans the 15 night difference was that nearly all my hotel stays (90%) were at international properties.
The only metric hinted by MR is the top 3% of it's members. We don't know if that is solely based upon nights, spend, distance between properties you've stayed in, number of Marriott execs you know, or some combination of the above. But given it's a percentage, you can be knocked out of the running if someone else does one extra something than you do, even if you should double your activity. So there's no sense in "striving" for PP, but just be surprised if it happens and as long as it lasts.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Got mine on Saturday as well. I was part of the Marriott concierge roll out last year too so I just assumed I was being grandfathered in.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ryno1234; Feb 23, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Got mine on Saturday as well. I was part of the Marriott concierge roll out last year too so I just assumed I was being grandfathered in.
What does your account say when logging in? Plat. premier or plat. or ambassador? Seems like ambassador is just an add-on to your status, not a new status, but i could be wrong?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by swintec
What does your account say when logging in? Plat. premier or plat. or ambassador? Seems like ambassador is just an add-on to your status, not a new status, but i could be wrong?
I received the card. When I log in, my account says Plat Premier.

The metal card was a nice touch but like Plat Premier, I'm not sure what it means.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by swintec
I still show Plat Prem; I am told that the Ambassador program is the same thing as the concierge service that they launched last year just re named. I had great experience with my personal concierge. She is fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.