Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Thanks for the very helpful reply. It sounds like 'stay tuned' appears to be the answer. Sadly I can't see myself getting the additional nights to get 750 in Marriott alone and I am loathed to do a mattress run. As SPG does not capture history on points based on that FAQ you pointed me at, it does sound like I might scrape through using SPG + Marriott nights, but Marriott points alone (assuming I can manufacture the additional points I need to get up to 2MM which is possible but a stretch (but probably worth it for LTPP).
How many years of Gold/Plat with MR and Plat with Starwood do you have? As of now, there are really 2 options:

1. 750 nights and 2 million points with MR only, no SPG
2. 750 nights and 10 years “new” Platinum combined MR and SPG

There is currently no combined option that includes points.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Anyone have success recently getting the 5 night travel packages? I might try to get a couple on the books before the merger if they are still available.

How's everyone looking for meeting the $20k spend for next year? I'm about 3/4 of the way there based on dividing my base points earned this year by 10, and converting that to a dollar amount. I'm not sure if that will be the true measure of qualifying spend, but it should be a good baseline to target against.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
Anyone have success recently getting the 5 night travel packages? I might try to get a couple on the books before the merger if they are still available.

How's everyone looking for meeting the $20k spend for next year? I'm about 3/4 of the way there based on dividing my base points earned this year by 10, and converting that to a dollar amount. I'm not sure if that will be the true measure of qualifying spend, but it should be a good baseline to target against.
I am pretty well in the same boat. I wish they would look at 2017 and adjust status according to last year's spend. Based on what I currently know, I won't make Ambassador til November or so.

This thread should probably become the Ambassador thread moving forward... at least starting in a couple weeks.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jjmoore

This thread should probably become the Ambassador thread moving forward... at least starting in a couple weeks.
Has anyone from FlyerTalk officialdom announced what will happen? Are they just going to merge the two existing separate boards into one?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I realize the "Plat Premier" status when this topic was started is not the "Plat Premier" status post-merger, but FWIW, post-merger I've had three stays, and on each one they thanked me "for being a Platinum Premier member", something that didn't recall happening even when I was a "had-to-be-invited" pre-merger PP a few years ago.
C17PSGR and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
As I understand the Marriott res system, the system doesn't use a name to reflect the level. Rather, it uses a code such as P6 which stands for platinum, X4 which stands for platinum premier, X5 for Five Star (Marriott board members and close friends of Bill) and X1 for gold. I believe there is also a code for ambassador that someone pointed out to me one time but I can't remember it. Strangely, many Marriott reservation reps don't seem to understand that X4 is different (and higher than P6).
X5 was used (printed on registration form) for PP with Amb when I checked in today because I was verbally greeted as such.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
How did I earn Platinum Elite?

Hoping someone can help me identify the likely cause of my status as Platinum Elite:

I have no Marriott or SPG-branded credit cards
I do not have a lot of hotel stays
I can't recall a status match

Not sure whether this status is a side benefit of one of the airline FF programs to which I belong(see left), or perhaps a CSR/JPMR or Amex Plat card? I've poked around, but can't see where I "earned" this Plat.

Thanks for your informed opinion. I don't want to lose this status if I can avoid it. (yeah, its not a great benefit, but it is a benefit).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by 747FC
Hoping someone can help me identify the likely cause of my status as Platinum Elite:

I have no Marriott or SPG-branded credit cards
I do not have a lot of hotel stays
I can't recall a status match

Not sure whether this status is a side benefit of one of the airline FF programs to which I belong(see left), or perhaps a CSR/JPMR or Amex Plat card? I've poked around, but can't see where I "earned" this Plat.

Thanks for your informed opinion. I don't want to lose this status if I can avoid it. (yeah, its not a great benefit, but it is a benefit).
What's your night count per program? Have you combined your accounts? What's your LT status?

I was zero annual nights LTG with MR w/740 LT nights. I am now showing as Platinum. I was 4 annual nights LTG with SPG w/494 LT nights. I am also now showing Platinum. My guess is since MR G is now P, and the accounts are linked, the P carried over to SPG. Before year-end I will combine my accounts and should get MPG LTPP.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by RogerD408
What's your night count per program? Have you combined your accounts? What's your LT status?

I was zero annual nights LTG with MR w/740 LT nights. I am now showing as Platinum. I was 4 annual nights LTG with SPG w/494 LT nights. I am also now showing Platinum. My guess is since MR G is now P, and the accounts are linked, the P carried over to SPG. Before year-end I will combine my accounts and should get MPG LTPP.
Total nights in both program = 5

I had Plat status when total nights = 0, before merge

No LT stays, as haven’t stayed much in either side.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by 747FC

Total nights in both program = 5

I had Plat status when total nights = 0, before merge

No LT stays, as haven’t stayed much in either side.
I’m guessing UA gold —> pre8/18 M gold —> post8/18 M platinum
747FC and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by myperks

I’m guessing UA gold —> pre8/18 M gold —> post8/18 M platinum
I just checked my +1’s accounts. We have duplicate loyalty / point accounts to maximize our point captures when we travel together and for the few times she travels solo. She has not made a single night with Marriott or SPG in ten years, but thanks my MM status with UA she holds Marriott gold and as of this AM she holds Platinum Elite with Marriott.
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.