Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle

Moderator's note: I split off posts starting with this one from a very long and mostly obsolete thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...re-2016-a.html

That thread is now closed but available to anyone who needs to refer to it.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Just logged into my account & noticed I have been bumped up to Marriott PLT Premier for 2016!

While I am fully aware it sounds like that isn't a big deal in terms of perks, I find it a bit odd. While I did end 2015 with around 175 total nights, most of those nights were rollovers from 2014 when I was on an out of town client. I only actually had 21 paid nights in 2015.

Last edited by bdschobel; Feb 12, 2016 at 5:49 pm Reason: Added Moderator's note
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ssafro1
I find it a bit odd. While I did end 2015 with around 175 total nights, most of those nights were rollovers from 2014 when I was on an out of town client. I only actually had 21 paid nights in 2015.
Why so surprised? A night is a night and Marriott looks at the whole picture...how many nights total you have in your account, as they should be.

On that note, my status has remained at PP so far this year so I guess I am again at this level for 2016? Havent received any notice yet though.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by swintec
Why so surprised? A night is a night and Marriott looks at the whole picture...how many nights total you have in your account, as they should be.

On that note, my status has remained at PP so far this year so I guess I am again at this level for 2016? Havent received any notice yet though.
2015 status is in effect until the end of February. Also there is rarely, if any, notice of status change and one needs to be watching their account to see any change, at least in a timely fashion.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I was demoted on (roughly) 2/28/15 for 2015 after 3 years as PP. Making and being demoted both didn't make sense to me although certainly put the nights in other years...
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
First Time PP

Just checked my account and noticed I'm labeled as PP now. I expect nothing to be different

I also noticed none of my roll over nights have posted. Based my last year stays, I would roll over to platinum already. Based on other threads, it seems Marriott is a bit slow to post these. Any words of wisdom on this?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JHake10
Just checked my account and noticed I'm labeled as PP now. I expect nothing to be different

I also noticed none of my roll over nights have posted. Based my last year stays, I would roll over to platinum already. Based on other threads, it seems Marriott is a bit slow to post these. Any words of wisdom on this?
MR IT... need anyone say more? At least they aren't HH IT!!!

Care to share your numbers? So you don't have platinum now but your rollover nights and other earnings so far this year would get you platinum? Doing a lot of meeting rooms?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by RogerD408
MR IT... need anyone say more? At least they aren't HH IT!!!

Care to share your numbers? So you don't have platinum now but your rollover nights and other earnings so far this year would get you platinum? Doing a lot of meeting rooms?
I had platinum for the last 2 years, sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I should of took a screen shot of my last year nights. Its all Credit Card and actual butt in bed nights. My numbers looked something like below

Actual 2015 Nights: 125
Credit Card Bonus Nights: 31
Rollover 2014 Nights: 33

2015 Total: 189

Therefore my rollover nights will be 189 - 33 (2014 Rollover) - 75 (Needed for Platinum) = 81
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
2015 status is in effect until the end of February.
So status upgrades happen about now, but downgrades dont? Last year I went from Plat to PP about this time...was I still just Plat. until the end of Feb last year despite what the website said mid-January?

Actually, this behavior may only pertain to PP tier this time of year.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
So status upgrades happen about now, but downgrades dont? Last year I went from Plat to PP about this time...was I still just Plat. until the end of Feb last year despite what the website said mid-January?

No. There is a two month period when there is an overlap. The previous year's PPs are still PP while the next year's PPs have started enjoying their new status. With that said, we know that's true of Plat, Gold and Silver (although the overlap starts when the new elite gets status) but can someone who has been downgraded confirm that the downgrade happens at the end of Feb?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JHake10
I had platinum for the last 2 years, sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I should of took a screen shot of my last year nights. Its all Credit Card and actual butt in bed nights. My numbers looked something like below

Actual 2015 Nights: 125
Credit Card Bonus Nights: 31
Rollover 2014 Nights: 33

2015 Total: 189

Therefore my rollover nights will be 189 - 33 (2014 Rollover) - 75 (Needed for Platinum) = 81
Ok, so you ended 2015 as Plat that is good through Feb, 2017, once the rollover nights post you will have Plat through Feb, 2018. Is there a reason to be in a rush for the rollover nights? They've been having problems getting the rollover nights right but sure they will soon. Hang in there.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Status upgrades happen whenever you earn them regardless of being the middle of the year or once rollover nights post. Typically, status will be good through Feb two years after you earn it. So if status was earned in 2015, it will be good till Feb, 2017. If your rollover nights will cause you to re-qualify, then when those nights post, you status will be extended.

Last edited by RogerD408; Jan 11, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I am a newly minted PP again this year. I was PP in 2014, downgraded to Platinum last year and then just logged into my Marriott account and saw PP this year.

Here's my 2015 breakdown (I called in to ask):

Nights (BiB): 84
Credit Card: 21
2014 Rollover: 24

So, 129 nights total in 2015

As of today, I have 30 rollover nights and 1 credit card night, with 44 needed to renew platinum (I am LTP anyway). - I assume the CC nights will change when my MR VISA anniversary rolls around in Feb.

I still have yet to receive any PP card nor gift from Marriott (never got mine in 2014, the phone charger/lipstick looking thing, either).

Last edited by Chewie; Jan 12, 2016 at 11:49 am
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Chewie
I am a newly minted PP again this year... I still have yet to receive any PP card nor gift from Marriott (never got mine in 2014, the phone charger/lipstick looking thing, either).
The card is mailed annually in the gift box, so that's probably why. FWIW, you can get a virtual PP card in the Marriott app.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Chewie
I am a newly minted PP again this year. I was PP in 2014, downgraded to Platinum last year and then just logged into my Marriott account and saw PP this year.

Here's my 2015 breakdown (I called in to ask):

Nights (BiB): 84
Credit Card: 21
2014 Rollover: 24

So, 129 nights total in 2015

As of today, I have 30 rollover nights and 1 credit card night, with 44 needed to renew platinum (I am LTP anyway). - I assume the CC nights will change when my MR VISA anniversary rolls around in Feb.

I still have yet to receive any PP card nor gift from Marriott (never got mine in 2014, the phone charger/lipstick looking thing, either).
With those numbers I have to believe they've long abandoned the rumored "3% of all PLT's" unless your 84 nights were at some astronomical rate. Sounds like they've watered down that level too. Not that it meant much anyway but it was a good chip to politely use at the Front Desk when doing the upgrade dance and often led to success!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joshua362
With those numbers I have to believe they've long abandoned the rumored "3% of all PLT's" unless your 84 nights were at some astronomical rate. Sounds like they've watered down that level too. Not that it meant much anyway but it was a good chip to politely use at the Front Desk when doing the upgrade dance and often led to success!
Some of my rates have been quite high.

I agree, my numbers are low, but I have been a platinum every year (earned! - even though I am LTP) for almost 15 years. I also have been to marriotts in 16 or countries this year.

Not sure if there is more than just # of nights that make us PPs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.