Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 18, 8:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

 
Old Jan 11, 16, 10:33 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: DFW/STL
Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 762
Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Moderator's note: I split off posts starting with this one from a very long and mostly obsolete thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...re-2016-a.html

That thread is now closed but available to anyone who needs to refer to it.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Just logged into my account & noticed I have been bumped up to Marriott PLT Premier for 2016!

While I am fully aware it sounds like that isn't a big deal in terms of perks, I find it a bit odd. While I did end 2015 with around 175 total nights, most of those nights were rollovers from 2014 when I was on an out of town client. I only actually had 21 paid nights in 2015.

Last edited by bdschobel; Feb 12, 16 at 5:49 pm Reason: Added Moderator's note
ssafro1 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 10:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 497
Originally Posted by ssafro1 View Post
I find it a bit odd. While I did end 2015 with around 175 total nights, most of those nights were rollovers from 2014 when I was on an out of town client. I only actually had 21 paid nights in 2015.
Why so surprised? A night is a night and Marriott looks at the whole picture...how many nights total you have in your account, as they should be.

On that note, my status has remained at PP so far this year so I guess I am again at this level for 2016? Havent received any notice yet though.
swintec is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 10:56 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by swintec View Post
Why so surprised? A night is a night and Marriott looks at the whole picture...how many nights total you have in your account, as they should be.

On that note, my status has remained at PP so far this year so I guess I am again at this level for 2016? Havent received any notice yet though.
2015 status is in effect until the end of February. Also there is rarely, if any, notice of status change and one needs to be watching their account to see any change, at least in a timely fashion.
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 12:06 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Programs: LTP, PP
Posts: 8,032
Originally Posted by swintec View Post
On that note, my status has remained at PP so far this year so I guess I am again at this level for 2016? Havent received any notice yet though.
I was demoted on (roughly) 2/28/15 for 2015 after 3 years as PP. Making and being demoted both didn't make sense to me although certainly put the nights in other years...
joshua362 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 1:16 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Posts: 1,502
First Time PP

Just checked my account and noticed I'm labeled as PP now. I expect nothing to be different

I also noticed none of my roll over nights have posted. Based my last year stays, I would roll over to platinum already. Based on other threads, it seems Marriott is a bit slow to post these. Any words of wisdom on this?
JHake10 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 2:05 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
Just checked my account and noticed I'm labeled as PP now. I expect nothing to be different

I also noticed none of my roll over nights have posted. Based my last year stays, I would roll over to platinum already. Based on other threads, it seems Marriott is a bit slow to post these. Any words of wisdom on this?
MR IT... need anyone say more? At least they aren't HH IT!!!

Care to share your numbers? So you don't have platinum now but your rollover nights and other earnings so far this year would get you platinum? Doing a lot of meeting rooms?
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 2:35 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Posts: 1,502
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
MR IT... need anyone say more? At least they aren't HH IT!!!

Care to share your numbers? So you don't have platinum now but your rollover nights and other earnings so far this year would get you platinum? Doing a lot of meeting rooms?
I had platinum for the last 2 years, sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I should of took a screen shot of my last year nights. Its all Credit Card and actual butt in bed nights. My numbers looked something like below

Actual 2015 Nights: 125
Credit Card Bonus Nights: 31
Rollover 2014 Nights: 33

2015 Total: 189

Therefore my rollover nights will be 189 - 33 (2014 Rollover) - 75 (Needed for Platinum) = 81
JHake10 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 2:40 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 497
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
2015 status is in effect until the end of February.
So status upgrades happen about now, but downgrades dont? Last year I went from Plat to PP about this time...was I still just Plat. until the end of Feb last year despite what the website said mid-January?

Actually, this behavior may only pertain to PP tier this time of year.
swintec is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 2:45 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BDU
Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Posts: 8,779
Originally Posted by swintec View Post
So status upgrades happen about now, but downgrades dont? Last year I went from Plat to PP about this time...was I still just Plat. until the end of Feb last year despite what the website said mid-January?

Actually, this behavior may only pertain to PP tier this time of year.
No. There is a two month period when there is an overlap. The previous year's PPs are still PP while the next year's PPs have started enjoying their new status. With that said, we know that's true of Plat, Gold and Silver (although the overlap starts when the new elite gets status) but can someone who has been downgraded confirm that the downgrade happens at the end of Feb?
CJKatl is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 5:37 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
I had platinum for the last 2 years, sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I should of took a screen shot of my last year nights. Its all Credit Card and actual butt in bed nights. My numbers looked something like below

Actual 2015 Nights: 125
Credit Card Bonus Nights: 31
Rollover 2014 Nights: 33

2015 Total: 189

Therefore my rollover nights will be 189 - 33 (2014 Rollover) - 75 (Needed for Platinum) = 81
Ok, so you ended 2015 as Plat that is good through Feb, 2017, once the rollover nights post you will have Plat through Feb, 2018. Is there a reason to be in a rush for the rollover nights? They've been having problems getting the rollover nights right but sure they will soon. Hang in there.
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 5:46 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by swintec View Post
So status upgrades happen about now, but downgrades dont? Last year I went from Plat to PP about this time...was I still just Plat. until the end of Feb last year despite what the website said mid-January?

Actually, this behavior may only pertain to PP tier this time of year.
Status upgrades happen whenever you earn them regardless of being the middle of the year or once rollover nights post. Typically, status will be good through Feb two years after you earn it. So if status was earned in 2015, it will be good till Feb, 2017. If your rollover nights will cause you to re-qualify, then when those nights post, you status will be extended.

Last edited by RogerD408; Jan 11, 16 at 5:59 pm
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 16, 10:55 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: AA EXP & Marriott Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium)
Posts: 509
I am a newly minted PP again this year. I was PP in 2014, downgraded to Platinum last year and then just logged into my Marriott account and saw PP this year.

Here's my 2015 breakdown (I called in to ask):

Nights (BiB): 84
Credit Card: 21
2014 Rollover: 24

So, 129 nights total in 2015

As of today, I have 30 rollover nights and 1 credit card night, with 44 needed to renew platinum (I am LTP anyway). - I assume the CC nights will change when my MR VISA anniversary rolls around in Feb.

I still have yet to receive any PP card nor gift from Marriott (never got mine in 2014, the phone charger/lipstick looking thing, either).

Last edited by Chewie; Jan 12, 16 at 11:49 am
Chewie is offline  
Old Jan 12, 16, 12:09 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Posts: 2,535
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
I am a newly minted PP again this year... I still have yet to receive any PP card nor gift from Marriott (never got mine in 2014, the phone charger/lipstick looking thing, either).
The card is mailed annually in the gift box, so that's probably why. FWIW, you can get a virtual PP card in the Marriott app.
Tanic is offline  
Old Jan 12, 16, 12:19 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Programs: LTP, PP
Posts: 8,032
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
I am a newly minted PP again this year. I was PP in 2014, downgraded to Platinum last year and then just logged into my Marriott account and saw PP this year.

Here's my 2015 breakdown (I called in to ask):

Nights (BiB): 84
Credit Card: 21
2014 Rollover: 24

So, 129 nights total in 2015

As of today, I have 30 rollover nights and 1 credit card night, with 44 needed to renew platinum (I am LTP anyway). - I assume the CC nights will change when my MR VISA anniversary rolls around in Feb.

I still have yet to receive any PP card nor gift from Marriott (never got mine in 2014, the phone charger/lipstick looking thing, either).
With those numbers I have to believe they've long abandoned the rumored "3% of all PLT's" unless your 84 nights were at some astronomical rate. Sounds like they've watered down that level too. Not that it meant much anyway but it was a good chip to politely use at the Front Desk when doing the upgrade dance and often led to success!
joshua362 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 16, 1:04 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: AA EXP & Marriott Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium)
Posts: 509
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
With those numbers I have to believe they've long abandoned the rumored "3% of all PLT's" unless your 84 nights were at some astronomical rate. Sounds like they've watered down that level too. Not that it meant much anyway but it was a good chip to politely use at the Front Desk when doing the upgrade dance and often led to success!
Some of my rates have been quite high.

I agree, my numbers are low, but I have been a platinum every year (earned! - even though I am LTP) for almost 15 years. I also have been to marriotts in 16 or countries this year.

Not sure if there is more than just # of nights that make us PPs
Chewie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: