Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, UA 2 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Well, I knew what the travel journal was (or maybe emergency toilet paper?) But the other thing - I had no idea what it was and what you use it for. Not a great gift if you don't even know what it is.

Billy
Agreed, I'm pretty mechanically inclined but I was stumped for awhile with this one. Here are some pics of the front/bottom, and snapped together.

Last edited by IFlyMRY; Feb 21, 2018 at 6:09 pm Reason: At first I didn't know what this was but it came to me after the initial post.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
It’s:

1. A pocket square
2. Bib
3. Something to hold paper footballs
4. Action figure buccaneer hat
5. Leather origami starter kit
6. A wonton folding guide
7. Field/survivalist travel noodle serving dish
8. Potpourri holder
jjmoore likes this.

Last edited by Chewie; Feb 22, 2018 at 10:31 am
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
What a joke gift. I'd settle for a couple coupons toward a free drink at a Marriott property or some bonus points.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:01 pm

googling "travel valet" will outline what they are used for.

From a listing: " Packs flat for your journey, then snaps together once you arrive to hold your jewelry, coins, and/or key all in one area. "

Useful I suppose and appreciated either way.

The gift is always going to be something that can be traveled with and used in...a Marriott hotel.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
It looks like I was downgraded to LTP yesterday. I had 10 nights in Canada earlier this month and wasn‘t ever adressed as a PP but got a nice upgrade in Niagara.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Like Muerz, I too have been busted back down to Plat. PP was pretty flat, so no great loss...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Like Muerz, I too have been busted back down to Plat. PP was pretty flat, so no great loss...
+1
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Only difference between PP and Plat for me was I was ALWAYS upgraded at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas to a wraparound super-suite when I booked any room there.... where as a Plat, I was not upgraded a single time... many data points to support this.

I think at the 5* properties, there is extra attention from that status..... standard hotels, not so much.

My status is showing different every day when I log into the website... how do you know if you have made it or been bumped back down to Plat?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I think at the 5* properties, there is extra attention from that status..... standard hotels, not so much.
The reality is there often isn't anything a generic Marriott property can do. There are many properties with little to no suites.

The Marriott at the Detroit airport surprised me with an upgrade to their suite (I think they only have one) and a huge cheese plate that included some fruit. Unfortunately, it was all pretty low quality -- just the cubed cheese that's served in the concierge lounge along with fruit that looked leftover from the breakfast buffet. The Marriott in Livonia, a Detroit suburb, always upgrades me to a suite, but the suites aren't that nice and, frankly, I'd rather have a regular room on the top floor. Other properties often let you have 1 or 2 free beverages from the lobby shop. I'm a Diet Pepsi addict so that's a nice gesture. I'd rather have Diet Pepsi than a bottle of $7 wine.

As they say, it's the thought that counts.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Muerz
It looks like I was downgraded to LTP yesterday. I had 10 nights in Canada earlier this month and wasn‘t ever adressed as a PP but got a nice upgrade in Niagara.
How do you know that? Status changes don't take place until end of the month.

Personally, I'm still wondering since I haven't received anything.

App still says PP. Website says Platinum Elite but everyone reports that from the new website.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I'm a newly minted PP (received the travel valet and journal in the mail this past week, along with an updated plastic card). Conflicting information on the app and the website, so I wasn't quite sure what was going on with respect to status.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
How do you know that? Status changes don't take place until end of the month.

Personally, I'm still wondering since I haven't received anything.

App still says PP. Website says Platinum Elite but everyone reports that from the new website.
Just received mine today. Wouldn't have missed it if I didn't get anything.

My wife's only comment, other than "get it out of my sight", was an additional suggestion for storage which is NSFW or probably FT either, but think bedside (and use your imagination).

Regarding the status level, everywhere I look on the website it says 'Platinum Elite', but the custom printed text in the insert (inside the cover) and the card both say 'Platinum Premier Elite', even though the cover says 'Platinum Premier'.

If corporate is so confused/inconsistent, how can we expect the staff to get it straight, especially given how many management companies service multiple brands and lodging companies?

Last edited by garkster; Mar 3, 2018 at 6:23 pm Reason: added info on status description
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:55 pm
Suspended

I threw mine in the trash. I have zero use for the valet (I always thought a valet was a sort of butler, not a collapsible dish) and the notebook is too small to be of any use. I was hoping for an actual Moleskine-style journal or calendar.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Got my gift today... kind of clever, and will be useful if I can train the habit into my routine.

And today, I finally know that I did qualify for PP, even though the website still shows me at PT.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:11 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I logged into the mobile app today and see that I'm a lowly platinum again (no mention of LTP)... it was a nice 3 year run that resulted in near zero value. Only thing that PP might have provided was the extra special recognition my parents received when I booked them a week at JW Cancun for their 40th anniversary. I was having a hard time getting a bottle of water at Coralville Marriott, and they were treated like royalty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.