Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Been PP for a few years now and my Lifetime Card say Platinum Premier Lifetime. Never noticed anything special, overseas seems to take care of PP folks a little better with upgrades. That's about it.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
Been PP for a few years now and my Lifetime Card say Platinum Premier Lifetime.
Whoa- that exists? I wonder where you'll end up in the Starwood heirarchy (LTP100/75/50) or its equivalent post-merger?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:33 pm

Yes, it exists. No biggie really. Nice looking card though
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Yes, it exists. No biggie really. Nice looking card though
Can you share a photo of the card? I mainly ask because I was told point-blank by MR customer service that they did not have a lifetime PP level.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:09 pm

Sure. When I get home I will look for it. I do not carry cards with me. My kids might even have it. I gave them a card to use in Sydney in case someone questioned them in the lounge without me. I'll look around and when I find it, I will post it.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Been PP for a few years now and my Lifetime Card say Platinum Premier Lifetime. Never noticed anything special, overseas seems to take care of PP folks a little better with upgrades. That's about it.
You certain about this? I’d check to make sure it doesn’t state “platinum elite lifetime”.

Platinum premier requires an annual spend and/or stay basis (of course we don’t know what that is). I can’t imagine they offer lifetime status for the “premier” status.

I would double check that card. You’d be the first FT ever to be conferred this status.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Chewie

You certain about this? I’d check to make sure it doesn’t state “platinum elite lifetime”.

Platinum premier requires an annual spend and/or stay basis (of course we don’t know what that is). I can’t imagine they offer lifetime status for the “premier” status.

I would double check that card. You’d be the first FT ever to be conferred this status.
Fair enough, I'll double check when I find it. I am probably wrong. Don't really look at the cards that often and don't carry them with me unless kids need them for another room. I know at last family stay I handed out three cards, wife and each kid. Said carry these on you in the Marriott just in case.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Fair enough, I'll double check when I find it. I am probably wrong. Don't really look at the cards that often and don't carry them with me unless kids need them for another room. I know at last family stay I handed out three cards, wife and each kid. Said carry these on you in the Marriott just in case.
It wouldn't surprise me if the process that creates the card uses your current status level when the card is triggered. I'd keep the card safe, not that it will override what the system says, but might be one of those flukes worth collecting.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by RogerD408
It wouldn't surprise me if the process that creates the card uses your current status level when the card is triggered. I'd keep the card safe, not that it will override what the system says, but might be one of those flukes worth collecting.
IIRC, I was PP when I made LTP, and pretty sure my card says "Plat Lifetime" (only)- but like @ZZYZXROAD, I have zero idea where the physical card is right now
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
IIRC, I was PP when I made LTP, and pretty sure my card says "Plat Lifetime" (only)- but like @ZZYZXROAD, I have zero idea where the physical card is right now
I've been LTP for several years (I'll be 3xLTP in a few months) and have never received any card for it. Always assumed that was because I was either Plat or PP anyway. I thought the LTP card just came when one dropped below Plat.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I did look for my card after seeing the post, while I have been Plat Premier for several years, maybe 5 or so, and am a lifetime plat, my card says Plat Premier and that it expires 2/2018. No reference to lifetime status at any level.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I did look for my card after seeing the post, while I have been Plat Premier for several years, maybe 5 or so, and am a lifetime plat, my card says Plat Premier and that it expires 2/2018. No reference to lifetime status at any level.
That's the same card I have.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Question PP on App - LTP on website

After flitting between Platinum Premier and reverting back to Lifetime Platinum for last 5 years or so. I was pleasantly surprised (although much less pleasant after finding out that United Gold was no longer a perk !) around January 10th when I logged in to find I was back in the Platinum Premier fold.
However, when I logged onto the Marriott website to make a booking last night, I was back to Platinum. Later on I checked an existing reservation on the Marriott App to find that I was still Platinum Premier and still am today !!
I’ve taken screenshot of both and was tempted to email MR .. but then I thought what benefits would I be missing out on ?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I suspect this is because most North America properties are franchised to owners and management companies that own/operate hotels under multiple brands while most international properties are managed by Marriott.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Got recognized as PP at a FI in Minneapolis tonight.... probably the first time since last summer I heard someone recognize me at checkin that knows what that status is.

To answer the poster's question about what additional service PP affords me over PT... the answer is a big fat nothing-burger.
I was recognized at the Marriott Centerpoint in the Detroit suburbs (depending on your reading of the map, it is in either Auburn Hills, Pontiac or Bloomfield Hills). Staff knew what a platinum-premier was, but no amenities above that of platinum. Not even an upgrade on a weekend when the hotel was a ghost town. The Chrysler headquarters are maybe 1 1/2 miles away. Lots of platinums and platinum-premiers stay here Monday-Friday -- the M Club lounge is huge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.