Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK this is the wrong time of year for PP status to be re-evaluated. For now, let's assume it's a glitch, although you could call MR and ask.

I agree wrong time of year. I just called and spent 20 minutes on hold and was told it was a mistake
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Is Platinum Premier status going away? Any mention of it on my account has disappeared, and I appear to have been relegated to Platinum. Not that PP has any distinct advantages over Plat..... was just curious.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Is Platinum Premier status going away? Any mention of it on my account has disappeared, and I appear to have been relegated to Platinum. Not that PP has any distinct advantages over Plat..... was just curious.
I am still showing as Platinum Premier, both on website and on app...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Did you get a mail to this effect, about being demoted? I ask because I got one in August congratulating me on 'becoming' Platinum (I have been PP for about 7 years) and expected to see this when I logged in. However, I still appear to be PP. My travel has dropped off considerably in the last year so I am expecting this to happen at some point anyway.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador and LTP
Originally Posted by t1c
Gold UA Status.
Are you sure it is Gold. When I did the link, it only gave me Silver. I have been PP for at least 10 years. About 2400 nights at Marriott.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by jjj325
Are you sure it is Gold. When I did the link, it only gave me Silver. I have been PP for at least 10 years. About 2400 nights at Marriott.
You have to sign up for it through this link: http://rewardsplusnow.com/ppr/custom/en/
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Did you get a mail to this effect, about being demoted? I ask because I got one in August congratulating me on 'becoming' Platinum (I have been PP for about 7 years) and expected to see this when I logged in. However, I still appear to be PP. My travel has dropped off considerably in the last year so I am expecting this to happen at some point anyway.
No email.. nothing. Not understanding what happened, nor do I really care, as PP hasn't netted me anything more than when I was PT. Last year, I stayed 190 nights, and am on pace to match that this year, along with a Marriott event I coordinated. Anyway, will be interesting to see what changes are in store come January when the programs finally merge into the Starriott program.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jjmoore
No email.. nothing. Not understanding what happened, nor do I really care, as PP hasn't netted me anything more than when I was PT. Last year, I stayed 190 nights, and am on pace to match that this year, along with a Marriott event I coordinated. Anyway, will be interesting to see what changes are in store come January when the programs finally merge into the Starriott program.
Thinking at least late 2018 if not 2019 before you actually have one uniform program.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I see my status listed as Platinum on the website, but Platinum Premiere in the app. I am now seeing the newly redesigned website, so maybe there's a bug for PP members accessing the website. This has been a down year for travel for me, but I assume I will have PP until at least January.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
I see my status listed as Platinum on the website, but Platinum Premiere in the app. I am now seeing the newly redesigned website, so maybe there's a bug for PP members accessing the website. This has been a down year for travel for me, but I assume I will have PP until at least January.
I think you are correct. My status on the website and on the app are PP again. Probably some glitchiness as the new site was rolled out. Good call.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:09 pm
kkl

Any data points on reaching PP lately? I am just shy of 100 nights this year. Is that close to PP?

Also anyone tried redeeming 5 night packages being a PP?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:51 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kkl
Any data points on reaching PP lately? I am just shy of 100 nights this year. Is that close to PP?

PP is an unregistered amount... whatever the top 2% to 3% of MR members do within 12 months will qualify you for PP.

I'm PP and the 5 night packages is still just for MVC members.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kkl

My guess is that PP requires more than a hundred nights as well as several consecutive years as Plat.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:01 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess is that PP requires more than a hundred nights as well as several consecutive years as Plat.
I think its a minimum of 3 years platinum to be eligible...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
MR has yet to say anything more than PP's are the top 3% of members. We don't know if that's based upon the number of years as Plat, number of nights, number of stays (yes, I know they don't use stays for other tiers), $'s of spend, number of calls to MR, or number of trips in a property elevator. Or some combination of any of the above or any other metric they choose.

Trying to chase PP status can be very futile. There is no fixed line to cross (i.e. 100 nights). It only takes one person to rank one point higher in whatever category and you're bumped from qualification. Do your stays, spend your money and see what cards (pun intended) you end up with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.