Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Back to a lowly Platinum I go this year... tear
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:23 pm

Or the top ?% just spent more abd the bar is now higher. My understanding is that this by-invite only level criteria is not fixed but has a component that is partly based on the all other Marriott members spent.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I was once handed a water bottle with a custom-printed label congratulating me on my PP account -- which I was never granted. I'll allow that this took place at a CY vs. mainline Marriott, but I think it still goes to show just how little of a distinction this is, at least in the US. What do you think you'll be losing out on going forward?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Thanks. It was hard to decipher the difference. I stayed the same number of nights and spent the same amount of money so I could only thing that the new SPG members might be taking up some space.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm a LT Plt and have been PP for the last two years. I have noticed zero deofference besides that gift you get in the beginning of the year. Maybe hotels don't really know the level, maybe they just see a 26 yr old kid and don't care. Who knows
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Safti
Anyone else here discover that they have been demoted from Plat Premier to LT Plat despite the same number of stays? I qualified for LT Plat several years ago but they kept me at PP until this year. What's going on?
I had the same thing happen to me this year. Have ben PP for three years, hit lifetime platinum last year and was part of the Marriott Concierge pilot last year which is now the Marriott Ambassador program which I was also invited to participate in this year(I really like this program). Similar night stay profile over previous years but was "demoted" to regular Platinum.

Not a huge deal i guess.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Safti
Thanks. It was hard to decipher the difference. I stayed the same number of nights and spent the same amount of money so I could only thing that the new SPG members might be taking up some space.
have there been any reports of SPG members given Marriott PP that weren't previously?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by JHake10
I'm a LT Plt and have been PP for the last two years. I have noticed zero deofference besides that gift you get in the beginning of the year. Maybe hotels don't really know the level, maybe they just see a 26 yr old kid and don't care. Who knows
Man, I feel you! I'm 28 and I'm PP, the front desk seems confused.. lol

For the difference between PP and P/LTP, I got great upgrade at my home state NE, the Cornhuskers Marriott and Marriott Omaha always give me suite when they are available (4 out of 4 this year), so does Marriott KC Country Club. Surprisingly, even the FFI in mid-west can tell I'm a PP. Maybe the training was done better in this region.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by impinth06
Man, I feel you! I'm 28 and I'm PP, the front desk seems confused.. lol

For the difference between PP and P/LTP, I got great upgrade at my home state NE, the Cornhuskers Marriott and Marriott Omaha always give me suite when they are available (4 out of 4 this year), so does Marriott KC Country Club. Surprisingly, even the FFI in mid-west can tell I'm a PP. Maybe the training was done better in this region.
At least someone is getting upgrades! I've only received upgrades at the Marriott Burbank Airport.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Back to a lowly Platinum I go this year... tear
Thankfully, I renewed ... I wonder if there if there is a longevity/life time nights factor.

Now ... if only I understood the benefit of being a PP
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
PP now gets United Gold.

http://rewardsplusnow.com/ppr/custom/en/
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
PP now gets United Gold.

UA has been giving gold to (some) PP for the last two years. Now it is a published benefit.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
UA has been giving gold to (some) PP for the last two years. Now it is a published benefit.
Not really. I was one of the PP that got gold with united for the last 2-3 years unprompted and last month i was sent back down to Silver with the status resets, still PP. Possibly this is a renewing of that deal for another 2 or 3 years?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Tanic
Only if you were PP at the onset of the program. I got PP for the first time last year, and when I asked about getting bumped to UA Gold since others had previously, I was told it was a limited-time offer that was no longer applicable.

This is fantastic news to me! I was kind of apathetic about being PP again this year after seeing little benefit versus "normal" plat last year, so this is an actual benefit for PP now.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Very happy they've finally done this. I was PP at the outset of Rewards Plus, but I never received Gold status with United for it.

Also, oddly, I was recently able to get Silver based on my Marriott status after my United Gold (earned w/ United) lapsed, but today when I checked to see if Rewards Plus had restored my Gold status, I found that I had no status at all with United. I completed the form and it says I will receive Gold status in 7-10 days.

Glad I have no United flights coming up in the next week, as I would have been chagrined to pay for checked bags and sit in E-. Not sure why it lapsed to no status.

I also wonder when/how they were planning to inform us of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.