Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by dank0014
dont think there is one. I didn't receive one with my card, but then again they "ran out" last year on my too.
Real nice of them to cut that out of the benefits then. I guess we all had to give up something so they could bring on the SPG BS. Amazing.

EDIT-- I stand correct, got my gift later in the week.

Last edited by swintec; Feb 22, 2017 at 2:37 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I received my PP renewal package today. It's a black box, maybe 6 inches by ten inches by an inch and a half thick with a pretty picture of a cove on the label. Inside there's my black card which looks just like the ones from the last few years, valid through 02/2018.

The gift is a black leather roll up thingy that has a cord to connect a latest generation iDevice to a laptop.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I received my PP renewal package today. It's a black box, maybe 6 inches by ten inches by an inch and a half thick with a pretty picture of a cove on the label. Inside there's my black card which looks just like the ones from the last few years, valid through 02/2018.

The gift is a black leather roll up thingy that has a cord to connect a latest generation iDevice to a laptop.
Got the same and gave it to a friend as I do not use Apple. Why they would send just Apple cord beats me.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hnewman
Got the same and gave it to a friend as I do not use Apple. Why they would send just Apple cord beats me.
I just inspected my package more carefully and noticed the following words on a separate piece of paper:

LIVE ELITE IN 2017

LIVE YOUR STORY

As a Platinum Premier Elite member, you have our appreciation for your exceptional loyalty and this gift to say thank-you. Enjoy traveling with a leather cord organizer and a USB cord to help you stay connected, everywhere.

Marriott REWARDS

The world is before you, and our thanks go with you.

Inside the glossy color printed folder containing the card, at the bottom of the chart listing Plat (not PP) benefits, there's a phone number for "24-hr Platinum Premier Services Team" [isn't 24/7 new?] and a different number for Elite Guest Services.

ADDED yet again: When I compare my new PP card with the one that expired 02/2016, I see very different numbers for USA/Canada reservations on the back. The number listed on the card for guest services is the same as the "PP Services Team" number in the glossy colored folder and the meeting/event services numbers are the same on both cards. Of the numbers listed below on the cards for different countries and regions, only Dubai seems to have changed.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 20, 2017 at 3:57 pm Reason: Added next to last paragraph
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman
Got my gift today to. Great case, nicest gift i have received so far. I also got the cord. It is also an android cord as well. Pop the top off the plug end (idevice) and it becomes made for android. easy to miss though. Thanks marriott.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I got my letter saying I didn't qualify again for PP, I was there for one year, so back to "regular" Platinum. Which is fine with me as no one seems to recognize what PP is. I had at least three people at check in say you must be close to Platinum Elite. The most useless thing ever, I received less upgrades as a PP than as a regular Platinum.

i only have 2 stays at Marriott this year, status matched to Hilton and am happy. Even though Hilton points may not be worth as much, I am getting a lot with all their promotions. And so far I have not had a disgustingly dirty room, a TV that didn't work, internet that would not connect and a door that would not close and lock which I all had last year at Marriott.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
I got my letter saying I didn't qualify again for PP, I was there for one year, so back to "regular" Platinum. Which is fine with me as no one seems to recognize what PP is.
Yeah, creating the PP level w/o really any additional bennies was stoo-pid of Marriott, especially since over the years they cut out what few bennies there were to basically a shiny card and a small gift. As has been posted many times by PP members, a lot of properties don't even know the difference btwn Plat & PP.

Cheers.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Yeah, creating the PP level w/o really any additional bennies was stoo-pid of Marriott, especially since over the years they cut out what few bennies there were to basically a shiny card and a small gift. As has been posted many times by PP members, a lot of properties don't even know the difference btwn Plat & PP.

Cheers.
In the early days of PP there was some substantial benefits to having PP status. I lucked out the one year I had such status, it included a 10% dining discount, and at a FS Marriott restaurant, that could add up. But it has dwindled a lot in the recent years.

But as with a lot of things, the customer is now responsible for making sure they get what is due. Customer Service is now more like revenue defense and their goal is to spend as little of the company's money as possible, regardless what the marketing staff publishes. I've lost count of the number of times I've been told the company would never have made such an offer until I reference their own website announcing the benefit!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:50 pm

Deleted... nothing to see here... move along.

Last edited by ross123; Feb 23, 2017 at 1:59 pm
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriot Rewards PP
Originally Posted by Trav1970
I spoke with a customer service representative about the PP part of the program, and she stated that it is apparently looking at the overall amount of business done with Marriott, not just nights. She mentioned things like credit card spend. So - living in a country where Marriott credit cards are unavailable - does anyone confess to being a PP without having a Marriott credit card?
I've been PP for many years and never had a credit card. But, now I'm wondering what ambassador service is.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Plat Premier for 5 years now demoted to LT Plat

Anyone else here discover that they have been demoted from Plat Premier to LT Plat despite the same number of stays? I qualified for LT Plat several years ago but they kept me at PP until this year. What's going on?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
PP is earned on an annual basis no matter LTP. No one really knows the formula, but its the top couple of % revenue generators or MR members. If that changed for you, then you were not selected this year.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:43 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Safti
Anyone else here discover that they have been demoted from Plat Premier to LT Plat despite the same number of stays? I qualified for LT Plat several years ago but they kept me at PP until this year. What's going on?
I'm the complete opposite. Lifetime Plat and now PP. I wouldn't say either is a demotion.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I have been Lifetime Platinum for a few years now and regular platinum for many years consecutively before that. I have been Platinum Premier a few times and am back to it again this year. The first time I was Platinum Premier I did notice a much better percentage of unsolicited suite upgrades. So far this year, I haven't notice any difference between PP and LTP. I am not complaining but I just don't see much, if any incremental value in PP. Perhaps as the year goes on Marriott will give me some incremental value. Either way, I am not complaining. YMMV...

--Jon
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
There are many threads comparing Platinum Premier and Platinum. Most people agree there is really no real difference. I have had a couple of nice suite upgrades as Platinum Premier in Asia, but Platinums get treated quite well in Asia, so I can't say the PP status made a difference. At most FS hotels in the US, I doubt there is any difference.

As for who qualifies as PP, supposedly it is a combination of nights and dollars spent over several years. So if you stayed the same number of nights, but spent a lot less, that may be a reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.