Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:22 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
2016 Platinum Premier Gift

Wow. Plat Premier actually does get us something!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Safti
Are there two tiles that came in the package? Looks like an excellent gift.
nope, i just got one.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tuono07
Put mine on my key chain, used it 3 times already
How did you ever live without it? Three times already, sad.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by tuono07
Put mine on my key chain, used it 3 times already
So how does it actually work? I went to the site and they leave a lot out except that relies on bluetooth and the kindness of strangers with the same app running to be effective.

Do you need to be within 30' of the lost item to signal it? Is it really that practical?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Status still showing as PP (have been LTP for years) but haven't received any new credentials yet. Have been using the hanging toiletry bag for years now (and it shows), my wife loved the bluetooth portable speaker but I don't remember seeing anything about the digital WSJ subscription.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriot Rewards PP
Platinum Premier renewal gift

This weekend I received my packet for re-qualifying for platinum premier. It included a TILE tracking device. I did a bit of research and figured out how to use it. I'm not sure how useful it is since I don't have a problem loosing my keys or phone but, what the heck, I'll try it. Seems only polite since they sent to me but then it was probably heavily discounted by TILE to build business.

I see that the expected battery life is about a year and the battery is sealed in. That means, when is runs out, you need to buy a new one for about $25. I probably won't bother.

Anyone have any experience with one of these doodads?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:26 pm

Updated bluetooth is 150'. you can use the phone app to make the tile start playing a tune so you can find whatever its attached to. you can also use the app to see where the last place the bluetooth was able to link to the TILE in case you leave a purse at a restaurant for example. It displays a map with the last known location. If you have the TILE and misplace your phone you can press a button on the TILE and make the phone play the same tune.

These are Ver. 2 TILES so the app can also network to other TILE users and use their bluetooth to find your misplaced item. The other owners of the phones don't even know its working.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:32 pm
Suspended

the one year i was PP, we did not get a gift, and i got mostly worse treatment than as a platinum, hence i never bothered to qualify again, and i actually moved to SPG, and now to Hilton since the merger announcement.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got my PP packet in the mail today. There's a coupon-like thing if you want to purchase some additional tiles, but it seems to expire at the end of March. This doesn't give us much time to play with out gift and learn to use it.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 3:58 am

"Are there two tiles that came in the package? Looks like an excellent gift."

that's the picture on the front of the package
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:25 am

So after having the TILE attached to my keys for a few weeks I am not finding it very useful. I have butt dialed my tile a few times, tres embarrassing. However, I have had a few occasions to wish that they had a dishwasher safe version I could attach to my coffee cup! Might move it to my wife's keys so I can find her in Walmart.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:44 am

Are these given to lifetime Plats who did not stay much last year?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by qazw1
Are these given to lifetime Plats who did not stay much last year?
No, they're a gift given to those who qualify for Platinum Premier status, which is the double-secret status that we all only guess at what the qualifications are. Lots of nights in the previous year, and lots of money spent seems to be a good way in.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by mvitale
No, they're a gift given to those who qualify for Platinum Premier status, which is the double-secret status that we all only guess at what the qualifications are. Lots of nights in the previous year, and lots of money spent seems to be a good way in.
Thanks - that makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.