Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by yultraveler
In my case, it took 3 years as Platinum before moving up to Platinum Premier.
Ditto

(waits for this thread to be moved to the "general" PP one...)

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Ha! ... so why did I have to beg for upgrades for three years?!
USA is generally lousy for PP upgrades, however as most of my travel is in Europe/Asia...

Of 50 BIB nights this year, I've only had 9 in a "non suite" - ironically 4 of which were in Glasgow - my "home town" - they apologised profusely, the issue was the length of my stay - people had actually paid money for a suite..
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I was Plat for 4 years and then the pst 2 years I was PP. I had the same spend last year and I was moved back to Plat. Go figure.....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Plat for 3 years before the shift to PP. Ironically not stayed much since PP, but it's been a mixed bag, from Worsley Park and Meon Valley, both of which upgraded me to suites, to RI Orlando Convention centre where having booked the 2-bedroom suite, hence making no upgrade possible, I had to battle over several days to get them to a 4pm checkout...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Wickersley
"With Platinum Premier status we would honour the top 3% of all our Platinum members in terms of overall revenue and stay nights, so this is quite an achievement for you. Whilst there are no further benefits on paper for this new status, it does give our hotels the opportunity specifically recognise our top members. Furthermore, we you may contact our dedicated Platinum Premier desk on email [email protected] for any assistance with hotel reservations, coordinating partner rewards or assistance with your Rewards account."
Haha... I hadn't found a property yet who knew what it is so just considered it Platinum, especially places like Springhill Suites
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Marriott Bexleyheath isn't sure what it is, but they do "know" PP isn't "real Platinum" so no upgrade or arrival gift - hohum!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Marriott Bexleyheath isn't sure what it is, but they do "know" PP isn't "real Platinum" so no upgrade or arrival gift - hohum!
I am pretty lenient in working with a hotel if they mistakenly forget to offer a benefit but this would cause me to take all available actions (seek all compensation due). If a Residence Inn in middle of no where Vermont can handle PP effectively, or at least know what it is, a FS Marriott has no excuses in my book.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can't you demand the $100 (or local equivalent) in cash before leaving the property and report it to Marriott if they refuse?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can't you demand the $100 (or local equivalent) in cash before leaving the property and report it to Marriott if they refuse?
That's what I would do/encourage BB to do.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes, sometimes the learning process has to be expensive before they learn it. I would post many reviews (here on FT and Trip Advisor for example) and hope many push the issue. I'd image after the fifth time they will have learned.
Lee72 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Apologies for a newbie question here. I recently obtained Platinum status via the UA global services matching/gifting arrangement with Marriott and subsequently SPG. What is typical of the room upgrade benefit? I've stayed at three Marriotts since my Platinum status, largely because i hope to see some upgrade perks, but I have had no noticeable upgrades (room sizes, or even floor heights or views). Do they ever acknowledge your upgrade verbally and tell you what they're upgrading you to? They have always mentioned I'm platinum, so I know they're aware. Generally nothing is given but club access and preferred bonus (points or gift). How much difference does the room level booked make...in other words how many jumps up the ladder will they typically upgrade you?

(Guangzhou, Shanghai and Hong Kong JWs are my initial test cases, and I doubt they were fully booked)
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
Apologies for a newbie question here. I recently obtained Platinum status via the UA global services matching/gifting arrangement with Marriott and subsequently SPG. What is typical of the room upgrade benefit? I've stayed at three Marriotts since my Platinum status, largely because i hope to see some upgrade perks, but I have had no noticeable upgrades (room sizes, or even floor heights or views). Do they ever acknowledge your upgrade verbally and tell you what they're upgrading you to? They have always mentioned I'm platinum, so I know they're aware. Generally nothing is given but club access and preferred bonus (points or gift). How much difference does the room level booked make...in other words how many jumps up the ladder will they typically upgrade you?

(Guangzhou, Shanghai and Hong Kong JWs are my initial test cases, and I doubt they were fully booked)
This thread is about Platinum Premier status which is different than just Platinum. Maybe search for Platinum upgrades to find a better related thread.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
This thread is about Platinum Premier status which is different than just Platinum. Maybe search for Platinum upgrades to find a better related thread.
And my newbieness shows. I simultaneously just discovered the distinction. Thanks as I bow out.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
And my newbieness shows. I simultaneously just discovered the distinction. Thanks as I bow out.
However, answers are likely the same. You have to politely push for upgrades at Marriott, whether in advance or at the front desk. The idea of automatically being upgraded regardless of level is largely a myth except for a few exceptional properties or at one that you are well known to the person doing assignments that day.
Lee72 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by joshua362
You have to politely push for upgrades at Marriott, whether in advance or at the front desk. The idea of automatically being upgraded regardless of level is largely a myth except for a few exceptional properties or at one that you are well known to the person doing assignments that day.
Guess Im "lucky" - European PP, I've never asked - 100% upgrades, guessing 90%+ to suites this year

Many repeat properties, so I guess that helps.....
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wickersley
Guess Im "lucky" - European PP, I've never asked - 100% upgrades, guessing 90%+ to suites this year

Many repeat properties, so I guess that helps.....
Yes, the more you are known by the property this greatly increases your chances of getting an upgrade even if you don't participate in their chain's loyalty program. While they are pre-blocking rooms familiar names get a preference. Marriott properties are very quick to upgrade to CL rooms (most notable difference being a robe in the room), especially when the CL is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.