Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:58 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
When did this happen? I just flew united 2 days ago?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by t1c
When did this happen? I just flew united 2 days ago?
You have to update your account with the link provided. I checked my UA status (still silver) and filled out the form. It says it could take 7-10 days to update.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:08 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
You have to update your account with the link provided. I checked my UA status (still silver) and filled out the form. It says it could take 7-10 days to update.
Yeah I saw that. I think the program just started March 1st thou. Thanks what I was asking..
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
This is a great deal and makes being loyal to Marriott more worth it. I primarily fly Delta but being based in Dallas it's easy to connect in Houston to anywhere or there are plenty of UA nonstops to California that I made the upgrade on even as silver . Being gold really sweetens this deal
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:35 am
t1c

Originally Posted by aero0729
This is a great deal and makes being loyal to Marriott more worth it. I primarily fly Delta but being based in Dallas it's easy to connect in Houston to anywhere or there are plenty of UA nonstops to California that I made the upgrade on even as silver . Being gold really sweetens this deal
+1 on this United will become my 1st or second choice always.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by njcommodore
+1. I had previously been UA Gold when I was Plat. Prem. a couple of years ago. The UA Gold status lasted until Feb. 1 this year. So it will be nice to be back up to UA Gold again.

--Jon
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
United Gold is great. But I do find it funny that the best thing about being PP is what you get at United...NOT what you get at Marriott.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: LTP, PP
For sure! I wish they had that tie up a few years back when I could have used the heck out of it...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:44 pm

New Platinum Premier Benefit

Thought I would share. Was on the line with PP agent Friday about booking a travel package. I told her I was looking at a shorter vacation time and she mentioned why I didn't take advantage of the PP benefit that allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. I didn't even know that was an option. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).

I said that would work perfect and so I now have a travel package booked at a category 7 property for 5 days and with my 132k united miles. It cost me 270k Marriott points (compared to 330)
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:16 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by dank0014
Thought I would share. Was on the line with PP agent Friday about booking a travel package. I told her I was looking at a shorter vacation time and she mentioned why I didn't take advantage of the PP benefit that allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. I didn't even know that was an option. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).

I said that would work perfect and so I now have a travel package booked at a category 7 property for 5 days and with my 132k united miles. It cost me 270k Marriott points (compared to 330)
Nice find!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If true, this would be *awesome*. Finally a true tangible benefit to PP above regular platinum.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah I knew this was available to MVC owners so I've seen it as an option for years, so figured others could access it also. Didn't know it was restricted to PP if not an owner.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Wish I would have known this last week when I redeemed for my TP - I did the 270K for 7 nights and 120K WN Rapid Rewards, but I have a 5-night trip coming up early next month at a Cat 5 property that I would have liked to use a 5-night cert on (but can't extend the length to 7 nights).

I'm assuming the answer is "no", but do any of you think I could talk the PP line into changing my reward to the 5-night TP with a refund of the point difference? They wouldn't need to try to claw back the WN points - which I know is impossible - since I still want the same number of those.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:54 am
t1c

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Wish I would have known this last week when I redeemed for my TP - I did the 270K for 7 nights and 120K WN Rapid Rewards, but I have a 5-night trip coming up early next month at a Cat 5 property that I would have liked to use a 5-night cert on (but can't extend the length to 7 nights).

I'm assuming the answer is "no", but do any of you think I could talk the PP line into changing my reward to the 5-night TP with a refund of the point difference? They wouldn't need to try to claw back the WN points - which I know is impossible - since I still want the same number of those.
I would try.

I know that when they cancel a ticket to change category levels they push the points back into your account and then pull the new total from your account.

So you might be able to push the 7 nights and have them pull 5 nights.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Not a thing

I called and asked about this today while redeeming a Travel Package. They put me on hold a few times before confirming that this is not a thing. So...sorry to report that this is not a benefit of Platinum Premier status.

The annual tchotchke and United Gold status (temporary offer) appear to be the only differentiation between Plat and Plat Premier. That is unless you consider having front desk staff mistakenly believe that you are not/are less than Platinum, which is another kind of differentiation entirely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.