Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I won't leave Marriott over something like this, but I do think it is a significant devaluation. I sure hope they reconsider this policy change and I also hope they'll give us more advanced notice of these dates going forward (or of the impending cancellation of the BOGO program if that is where all this leads to). It's really sad that I already can't use these at many of my favorite weekend getaway spots that were added to the excluded list this year.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
This is a definite watering down of the EEO benefit. On the plus side, Marriott is going to insure that I renew my diamond status with Hyatt. I have only had 6 paid stays with Hyatt in the first 6 months of 2011, but I plan on filling my fall with more Hyatt stays. This is usually when Hyatt has a FFN promo going, although there is no guarantee that they will run one this year.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I seriously hope that Marriott Rewards does not win any awards this year for hotel chain programs... its been a constant hatchet for elite benefits over the past several years from the drastic increase in award redemption values to concierge lounge reductions & closings to EEOs turning into birdcage liner, and what have we gained... free internet?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:34 am

I've searched for this, but haven't been able to find the T&C's of EEO certs in the past. It's been a few years since I've been platinum, so I've forgotten the T&C's. Do CYs qualify? If memory serves me well, it's only Marriotts & Renaissances. Also, do international hotels (looking at Thailand) participate normally? Trying to plan some upcoming travel based on the rumored 7/8 start of the certs. Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:14 pm

I don't really care what the dates are; after all, if Marriotts don't provide me with an attractive rate I'll just stay somewhere else.

However, Marriott seriously needs to work on improving the mechanics of booking the free nights, educating desk staff and so on. I understand there's some price discrimination going on here, but of the six or seven EEOs I've booked in the past year I think only ONE has gone completely smoothly.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by subdawg
I've searched for this, but haven't been able to find the T&C's of EEO certs in the past. It's been a few years since I've been platinum, so I've forgotten the T&C's. Do CYs qualify? If memory serves me well, it's only Marriotts & Renaissances. Also, do international hotels (looking at Thailand) participate normally? Trying to plan some upcoming travel based on the rumored 7/8 start of the certs. Thanks!
CYs do not qualify nor do resort properties regardless of the brand. International locations are rarely included. The list changes for each new batch so you have to check when they are released to the elites. Last year I was happy to see REN in Aruba on the list so I went for a long weekend adding my free CAT 5 night. I have been hoping it would happen again this year but I was told there will be no international properties for the next EEOs.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by living near shamu
you mean excluding, right?
I meant including holiday weekends during periods when BOGO isn't available. But in hindsight, I should've worded that better.

I don't use this perk very often, but it works for me for a July weekend I'm looking at, then it works against me for a November weekend or two that I could've used.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nub2travel
I have been hoping it would happen again this year but I was told there will be no international properties for the next EEOs.

Darn! Have been hoping -- still hoping -- that the Rennaissance Shelbourne Dublin would be on the soon to be announced list -- as it was for the same time last year --as the wife and her mom and sister would be staying there over a summer weekend.

Well, here's still hoping!
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:07 am

EEO - Bogo Offers

I looked on the Marriott site in multiple locations and can not find the EEO meal / night Bogo certificates ? Does Marriott still offer them ? I am a Platinum member, I logged in and went to the offers page which had plenty of offers but I could not find the BOGO one's ?

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Read the new sticky.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:19 am

Thanks

So I assume that the July start EEO's have not been released yet ?
I did not see anyone comment on a release date / did I miss it ?

Thanks again

Scott
Old Jun 25, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Right--rumor on the street is July 8 will be the first weekend.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Thanks

So I assume that the July start EEO's have not been released yet ?
I did not see anyone comment on a release date / did I miss it ?

Thanks again

Scott
My guess is that they should be available to print towards the end of next week.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Although the answer is likely going to be "wait until the EEO posts," here's the question: Anyone have any idea if NYC properties might be included this time? I'm holding a reservation in hopes of this...
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Fuggedaboutit. Hasn't included any NYC properties (except the new Hotel 57, which was an error) in many years.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.