Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Anyone have an answer to krobbin's question?

Cheers.
Sorry I thought you had already - personally I'd choose EWR because of the very reason you stated - easy of transportation into the City....HPN BR is a great hotel but you'd need a car to get around
Old May 15, 2011, 3:24 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

BOGO question...

I've heard a lot about these BOGO deals to get a second night free at weekends. However, I've never used them as yet.

I'm looking to book next Friday and Saturday into a Marriott property in San Antonio, TX, so it would be worth my while using a BOGO certificate.

However, when I look in the Platinum deals section, I only see BOGO for JW Marriott and Renaissance.

Does the BOGO deal also cover normal Marriott hotels?

Cheers,
Rick
Old May 15, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Yes, full service Marriott locations are included.

The certificate you are looking for is the same for Marriott and JW locations. The renaissance has a separate certificate.

On my screen it shows up as "Marriott & JW Marriott Hotels: Treat Yourself to A Weekend Escape and A Free Second Night"
Old May 15, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by nissan720
Yes, full service Marriott locations are included.

The certificate you are looking for is the same for Marriott and JW locations. The renaissance has a separate certificate.

On my screen it shows up as "Marriott & JW Marriott Hotels: Treat Yourself to A Weekend Escape and A Free Second Night"
Thanks. I need to learn how to read

Cheers,
Rick
Old May 15, 2011, 4:24 pm

These are a great perk and we have used them many times. Just remember to print out two copies of the certificate. You will need to hand one in when you check in. When you check out they will have probably misplaced the original one so you will need to give them the spare.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mjtx
These are a great perk and we have used them many times. Just remember to print out two copies of the certificate. You will need to hand one in when you check in. When you check out they will have probably misplaced the original one so you will need to give them the spare.
Yep - I'd picked that up when I was researching.

I'm expecting it to be complicated

Cheers,
Rick
Old May 16, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I always carry two - present one at check-in and then ask them to make me a photocopy for my records. That way they KNOW I still have a copy but, if for some reason they won't/can't, I still have my second copy. Can't be too careful when dotting "i's" and crossing "t's". You've got to document everything if you want to protect yourself.

I also call my elite reservations line the week before my stay to VERIFY my previous request for use of the EEO. This relieves my mind when they say, "yes, it's noted in your record."

Overkill, maybe....but the only one to suffer the consequences of something going wrong is me (I?). (Is there a grammatician out there who could tell me which is correct?)
Old May 16, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yep - I'd picked that up when I was researching.

I'm expecting it to be complicated

Cheers,
Rick
not always complicated. the last 2 stays i had using BOGO went without a hitch or question. I have booked package stays both times and recieved benefits for the second night (not expected but a nice bonus when given). Good luck
Old May 16, 2011, 11:43 am

How often does Marriott have these BOGO ? I know it expires on June 5th but should I expect to see another coupon for the summer or fall ?
Old May 16, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Summer 04: Received coupons early June; Coupons expired Aug 31.
Fall 04: Received coupons end of Oct/Early Nov; Coupons expired Dec 31.

Winter 05: Coupons only went to those that renewed Gold or Platinum status. Those like me that went from Gold to Platinum, or others that went from Silver to Gold, did not receive coupons because we did not receive a renewal package. Some of us did call in and were sent coupons. Received with renewal letters mid-February with April 30 expiration.
Spring 05: Were available on-line March 29; Coupons expired June 15.
Summer 05: Were available on-line June 12; Coupons expired September 15.
Fall 05: Were available on-line November 8; Coupons expired January 30.

Winter/Spring 06: Guessing they were available on-line sometime in February (I could not find a post stating the exact date); Coupons expired April 30.
Summer 06: Were available on-line May 18; Coupons expired August 28.
Fall 06: Were available on-line October 25; Coupons expired January 14.

Winter/Spring 07: Three different sets of the (4) buy 1 get 1 free dinners and weekend stays, each set dated for three different date ranges in 2007 were available online on January 16 with wrong expiration date and then January 19 with corrected effective dates.

Dates for 2007 EEOs:
March 2, 2007 to June 3, 2007
June 29, 2007 to October 7, 2007
October 26 , 2007 to January 13, 2008

2008 paper EEOs out on January 18, 2008 for the following effective dates:
March 7, 2008 - June 8, 2008
June 27, 2008 - October 5, 2008
October 31, 2008 - January 11, 2009

Dates for 2009 EEOs (all EEOs are now online only) :
March 6, 2009 - June 7, 2009
June 26, 2009 - October 11, 2009
October 30, 2009 to January 10, 2010

Dates for 2010 EEOs (all EEOs are now online only) :
March 5, 2010 - June 6, 2010
June 25, 2010 to October 10, 2010
October 29, 2010 to January 9, 2011

Dates for 2011 EEOs (all EEOs are now online only) :
March 4, 2011 - June 5, 2011
Old May 16, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
aaupgrade,
great historical info (and current Q2 EEO promo).
I'm looking forward to the next promo (June and beyond)
Old May 16, 2011, 3:14 pm

Are these usally only Marriott ,JW and Renaissance brands ?

I have no problems staying at these brands but they arent in all the cities i travel to.
Old May 16, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
I just stayed at the JW Chicago w/ 2 other couples. We all stayed w/ BOGO certs. We gave certs at check in, but the full charges were on our room. It took only about 3-5 minutes with the desk at checkout (with another copy of the cert - thank you FT!) and we were on our way with a BOGO on a $350 room. That is quite the benefit!
Old May 16, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by ryans18
I just stayed at the JW Chicago w/ 2 other couples. We all stayed w/ BOGO certs. We gave certs at check in, but the full charges were on our room. It took only about 3-5 minutes with the desk at checkout (with another copy of the cert - thank you FT!) and we were on our way with a BOGO on a $350 room. That is quite the benefit!
were the other couples Gold or Platinum as well or did you make the reservation?
Old May 16, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by ncgator
were the other couples Gold or Platinum as well or did you make the reservation?
I was the only Plat in the group. I made all the reservations. However, I don't know that it would matter, being that the certs are fully transferrable. The biggest benefit was that I was familiar with the known issues regarding the certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.