Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Read the thread. The dates have been posted numerous times.

Cheers.
The historic dates obviously don't match this time or the BOGO's would already be bookable.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
The historic dates obviously don't match this time or the BOGO's would already be bookable.
And that was noted previously. Dates are different, which made a lot of people unhappy.

However, in rereading what you posted, I think what you're referring is is when will they be downloadable? In the past people have been able to book the BOGO ressies in advance because MR knows what the dates are/property list, and then people just download the form when actual stay comes up. You'd think that would be the case here, especially since the start date is this Friday so the forms need to be available by then. Marriott's cutting it close.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:38 am

And that was noted previously. Dates are different, which made a lot of people unhappy.

However, in rereading what you posted, I think what you're referring is is when will they be downloadable? In the past people have been able to book the BOGO ressies in advance because MR knows what the dates are/property list, and then people just download the form when actual stay comes up. You'd think that would be the case here, especially since the start date is this Friday so the forms need to be available by then. Marriott's cutting it close.

Cheers.
I am too waiting to download the coupon. They usually don't wait until the day before! I thought for sure they would be there today.

Last edited by ljknecht570; Jul 5, 2011 at 11:51 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Where would the coupon normally be available? In what section, I mean.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by living near shamu
Where would the coupon normally be available? In what section, I mean.
In Promotion Central I think.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I am too waiting to download the coupon. They usually don't wait until the day before! I thought for sure they would be there today.
I would have thought they'd be available last week. My guess is due to the holiday weekend they've not posted yet, but they better get busy since they're valid Friday!

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
In Promotion Central I think.

Cheers.
Actually the coupons should be under Marriott Rewards Offers, which is a tab under the Marriott Rewards link near the top of the Marriott homepage. You need to be logged in to see the available offers.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:37 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I have never used the coupons, is there a good basic instruction on how to use them once they are posted? Sounds like it's not only a link / rate code.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Thanks for the clarification. I have never used the coupons, is there a good basic instruction on how to use them once they are posted? Sounds like it's not only a link / rate code.

Thanks!
Call the reservation line, make the reservation, and make sure your reservation notes you are using the EEO. Hang up. Call back and make sure your reservation really notes this. Hang up. Call the hotel. Make sure your reservation notes this and get that person's name.

Print out the Marriott Website page showing the EEO offer. That's your coupon. Make a copy and put it in your suitcase. Even though you can print out a copy from the hotel, if you don't have it at check-in, it can cause a problem. Put one of the copies in your suitcase as a back-up.

When you arrive at the hotel, make sure your stay notes you are using the coupon, give one copy to the desk, keep the other.

After your bill is slipped under the door, go down to the front desk and make them correct your bill so that you get the free night.

Check your credit card statement about one week later. Call the property and have them adjust the charge to correct the extra charge for the second night.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:35 am

Really??? Still no certificate???
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:05 pm

We always take a copy of the BOGO restaurant certificates, too-just in case we decide to each dinner in the restaurant.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
Really??? Still no certificate???
It's seriously annoying that the certificate is not up. Makes Marriott look bush league. I somewhat understand that not every front desk employee is going to know how to do the free night, but it usually gets straightened out in a few minutes if there is a problem. But not uploading them to provide the date and property list is inexcusable because it takes NO EXTRA EFFORT from somebody to get them up on time. They will get uploaded no matter what, so why not do it in advance.

And yes I'm looking to use one this weekend and I actually have doubts if the certs will appear in time despite the fact the agents on the phone know the dates already (but apparently not the property list).

Last edited by goldenbear; Jul 8, 2011 at 7:46 am
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:58 pm

....still waiting (glad I don't need them for this weekend but I do for next!)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: Delta,AA,Marriott Platinum, Hilton Honors, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold
Well, I need it for this weekend!!! Keeping my fingers crossed. I guess i'll just check my account in the business center to print them off. They never know what to do w/them anyway, always loose them, so what does it matter if I give it to them at check-out or check-in?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by terez155
Well, I need it for this weekend!!! Keeping my fingers crossed. I guess i'll just check my account in the business center to print them off. They never know what to do w/them anyway, always loose them, so what does it matter if I give it to them at check-out or check-in?
In that past, the certs clearly indicate that they have to be given at check-in. Once, when the West Palm FS lost the certificate, they told me it couldn't be honored because it hadn't been given at check-in. Later, when they found the certificate, it was still a time-consuming battle to get the certificate credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.