Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It appears that there is nothing in Canada?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
LNF a qualifying rate for this?

I have heard (i.e. seen on FT) different versions of whether LNF rates can be used in conjunction with EEO's.

Does anyone have any concrete experiences either way? If I call Marriott elite line and ask them does anyone have any confidence that they will have the correct answer?

Can I expect to get 3 different answers f I call 3 different operators ?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 6:32 pm

I already had a LNF reservation in place for August in PDX, so I called the Elite line and asked if I could apply it towards that reservation and the answer was "No problem."

Although as you say, you may get a different answer when you call.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by goteed1
I already had a LNF reservation in place for August in PDX, so I called the Elite line and asked if I could apply it towards that reservation and the answer was "No problem."

Although as you say, you may get a different answer when you call.
When I get the email from the LNF desk, I then reply to them telling them that I will be using and EEO. They note it on my account and send me back and email. Now I have written proof. And I have done it before and it works. What a great deal! I have used mine in SLC were the LNF rate is $59. With the EEO I get each night for $28.50. Not bad!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Originally Posted by FarAway
I see that some have used these more than once. Has anyone tried using 2 for 2 rooms for 2 nights at the same time? My family needs 2 rooms, and this would make for a great weekend away.
Your name prints on the certificate, and most hotels limit you to one cert per hotel per weekend. The certs are giftable, so you would need a cert from another Plat and to two separate reservations with two different people checking in. EX: Room 1, Mr. X, using Mr. X's Cert. Room 2, different reservation, Mrs. X, using a friend's cert.
Your name doesn't have to print on the certificate (select area to print and use print select area).

Some properties allow the same member to use multiple certs on multiple rooms but others (and officially) it's one cert per member per stay so as long as you have a cert and different Marriott Rewards account on each room you should be fine.

Actually you should have two sets of certificates, a set to present at check and then a set for checkout when they lost the ones that you presented at checkin.

Originally Posted by FarAway
In the same vain... I am staying at a Marriott for 2 weeks. What are the odds I can use the dining cert more than once? I have lots of ink!
It's one cert per check (table), so unless you're sitting at different tables a table of four can officially use just one cert per dining (once I asked before dining and was told that we could sit together and they'd just ring the meals up on separate checks).

If you're having two separate dining occasions, then a cert per dining occasion should be fine.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, PC Plat, UA
I rang the UK/Europe platinum reservation line to book a weekend using an EEO. The agent had no idea what I was talking about. Asked me for the three digit code, etc.

After several minutes of explaining and reading the exact wording from the website, she called MR and came back with the following "my colleague in MR has never heard of the EEO/promotion/certificate either, and I trust her as she has been working in MR for three years".

In the end I emailed them the EEO wording from the website!! Then I got a call back stating the supervisor had stated the EEO was not applicable with the package rate I had booked (stay 2 nights get dinner on the 1st).

Anyway, I checked back here and after an hour of searching I found the posts I was after. I called back, got an agent from the US who knew exactly what the EEO is and after checking the rate was a public rate, applied the EEO without question.

Almost an incredibly difficult experience. As with most things, it pays to do your homework.

The other question I dare not ask (for fear of confusing them massively), was with regards combining different reservations and applying the EEO. The scenario is, £40 Friday night, £69 saturday night (still £69 if both nights are booked together). Both are standard public rates.

Thanks...David
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; National Emerald Exec Elite
I believe I have found a rate at hotels.com that would qualify for LNF. I want two rooms for my family. I then want to try the approach of adding the EEO via email with the LNF desk. Should I go through the whole process with two seperate reservations, and separate LNF forms? I am the only platinum in the family, but we can use separate cards/reservations.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I just got off the phone with the Platinum Reservation line for the second time. In both cases, I was told the EEO certificates can not be used on an upcoming stay with a Thursday check-in, Saturday Check-out in Philly. (Rate is publicly available weekend rate.) Do want to get stuck with an additional $200 charge for the second night. Any advice?

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
You might call the hotel and work it out with them.

Bruce
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by bdschobel
You might call the hotel and work it out with them.

Bruce
Yes, many properties will have no problem accepting it (talk to a Manager to try to get pre-approval if this is going to make the difference whether you are going to stay there or not). The wording of the certs is strange to me but the bottom line is that Marriott official policy, I have been told, is that a Friday night stay is officially not eligible (seems strange they would do this, but so be it). Basically their policy could be simply stated: You MUST stay SATURDAY night.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Has anyone had any contact with Marriott about the last batch of 2011 EEO dates? I am assuming around Halloweenish through early-mid January.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Just spoke with Platinum reservations regarding a different matter. I inquired about EEO certificates and was told that the next promo would be July 8 - Aug 28 with NO International properties offered. Promo after that won't start until October 28 and will last through Jan 15. Unusually long break between the two promos. It appears they are bypassing holiday weekends (July 4th, Labor Day).
This was posted earlier in the thread
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
This was posted earlier in the thread
So you dug up a post that was a month and a half old to let him know?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by living near shamu
So you dug up a post that was a month and a half old to let him know?
I knew where it was since I had the same question back then. Everyone has been so helpful to me on here, I was just trying to return the favor. I rarely have an answer to anything--just questions. Did I do something wrong????
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I knew where it was since I had the same question back then. Everyone has been so helpful to me on here, I was just trying to return the favor. I rarely have an answer to anything--just questions. Did I do something wrong????
Not at all! I appreciate the info. Let's hope the info from Marriott is accurate (and there isn't a further devaluation of this benefit...). Thanks for your response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.