Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Just checked for the dates of the eeo and time is very short. We are traveling in Sept so what are the chances that new offers will become available for the fall?
Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Just checked for the dates of the eeo and time is very short. We are traveling in Sept so what are the chances that new offers will become available for the fall?
Thanks
As stated earlier in this thread, the next set of dates will be October 28 through January 15.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Your name prints on the certificate, and most hotels limit you to one cert per hotel per weekend. The certs are giftable, so you would need a cert from another Plat and to two separate reservations with two different people checking in. EX: Room 1, Mr. X, using Mr. X's Cert. Room 2, different reservation, Mrs. X, using a friend's cert.
I would call and ask the GM at the hotel. I always figure it never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no and then your are not further behind.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:26 am

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info on being able to use for Thurs & Fri & for the Hollywood Beach suggestion. That's terrific. Thanks again!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I would call and ask the GM at the hotel. I always figure it never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no and then your are not further behind.
Except you've tipped your hand. I wouldn't call, but, instead, just get someone else to print the cert for you.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Does a property need "resort" in its name to be a resort? I remember an old, old thread about someone having trouble at an Orlando property. I can't remember if it was at the registration point or during the stay. They were being denied the certificate because the property was a resort without "resort" in the name. If reservations makes the reservation and notes it, can the property hassle you at check in?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Does a property need "resort" in its name to be a resort?
The Marriott website lists "resort" properties somewhere. Most but not all have the word in the hotel name.

The best way to find out if an EEO certificate is valid at any particular hotel is to call reservations. They know.

Bruce
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Does a property need "resort" in its name to be a resort? I remember an old, old thread about someone having trouble at an Orlando property. I can't remember if it was at the registration point or during the stay. They were being denied the certificate because the property was a resort without "resort" in the name. If reservations makes the reservation and notes it, can the property hassle you at check in?
You may be referencing the World Center FS or the Ren at Sea World hotel, which are resort properties. If you choose "Site Map" on the Marriott site, then Hotel Directory, you can filter by hotel type, choosing Resort. There are several hotels that do not have the word "Resort" in the name but are, in fact, resorts.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jul 10, 2011 at 6:18 am
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Good to see so many European hotels on the list, unfortunate these EEO's are only valid for 8 weeks and were published far too late on 8th July for the vast majority of those interested to be able to use them that weekend.

I am also a member of Priority Club, which introduced pointbreaks (a list published 3 times a year of properties where nights could be redeemed for 5000 points per night, a real bargain) a few years ago as compensation for a big devaluation. When I joined PC this was a really valuable benefit with a lot of hotels worldwide participating including a few Intercontinentals and a good sprinkling of Crowne Plazas. The great thing about pointbreaks was the savings, a Holiday Inn costs 20,000 points/night, Crowne Plazas 25,000 and Intercontinentals 30,000.

Over the years I've seen the list of hotels on Pointbreaks get shorter and the gaps between list replenishment longer. A once great benefit has been curtailed.

The same could be said for EEO's, but the confusing part of this is that poinbreaks were brought in as a sop, and one kinda expects them to be phased out when no-ones looking, but EEO's are a major part of the Marriott Gold/Plat benefits, that for some reason is going astray. Marriott should bring it back into line and find a way to ensure there is always some international availability. If it is to be in some way more restricted in terms of availability then its time to publish it.

Judging by the progress on the Pointbreak sticky I wuld expect someone to be guessing about the next EEO list and availability in about a forntnight!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:04 pm

You can gift the BOGO's and there is a link to "email to a friend" so I emailed the link to our kids. We talked with our son (he is silver) and he said that he couldn't get to the certificate page because he wasn't platinum. It seems strange that they tell you to email the offer to a friend and then won't let the friend access the page. I ended up printing the page and mailing it to him. Is this something new because in the past we have used the link to email to a friend and they could access the offer.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have never been able to email the certificate to a friend via the link. I always just print to a pdf and send it via an email.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by dealswelike
I have never been able to email the certificate to a friend via the link. I always just print to a pdf and send it via an email.
Same here, the email via link function never worked for me on the MR website, I end up just faxing the printout out over or emailing a scanned image.

Glad the coupon finally came up and works for next weekend, was really worried I would have to cancel my upcoming stay at the JW Miami.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looks like the US exclusion list continues to grow...

And nice how they didn't post the cert until it was basically too late to use it for the first weekend.

Oddly enough, the bogo for meals now has no US exclusions. I wonder if thats a mistake. It does note however: "Offer available at Marriott-managed food and beverage outlets only." How does one know if it is marriott managed? Would be an unpleasant surprise to go use the cert at a restaurant in the hotel and find out they won't accept it.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yeah, I've had that problem. A hotel may have multiple restaurants, and only a few are managed by the hotel itself. The others are merely renting space. I've had some unpleasant surprises, even after asking repeatedly if a coupon is valid.

Bruce
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
Looks like the US exclusion list continues to grow...

And nice how they didn't post the cert until it was basically too late to use it for the first weekend.

Oddly enough, the bogo for meals now has no US exclusions. I wonder if thats a mistake. It does note however: "Offer available at Marriott-managed food and beverage outlets only." How does one know if it is marriott managed? Would be an unpleasant surprise to go use the cert at a restaurant in the hotel and find out they won't accept it.
It's a good bet that "name" restaurants like the Ruth Chris in the Westchester Marriott or the Don Shula's in the Tyson Marriott, and the like, won't be included in the B1G1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.