Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Marriott once again acts in a deceitful fashion

And shows elites that they really do not care about loyalty

Marriott Rewards has decided to pull the one benefit of the program I found usefull-the BOGO certs.

This was done without advance notice with three months left in the year.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17149516-post189.html

This marks the end of my involvment with the Marriott Rewards program.

Please let Marriott know about your displeasure with this change and,more importantly IMO,the way in which it was handled.

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Sep 22, 2011 at 7:29 am
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:26 am

I would have the bogos tied to an elite member. I have seen way too many folks with no status using those.
So as far as change if thats it then ill live with it. If its eliminated I am sure Hyatt will take my hard earned $$
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:27 am

Changing the rules in the middle of the game

HUGE devaluation
And done in a rotten way-before the year was up.
I am done with Marriot.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Originally Posted by libuser
I would have the bogos tied to an elite member. I have seen way too many folks with no status using those.
It should be real easy (in the IT world) to custom generate a certificate on demand via the website with the users name, MR #, and a custom certificate number. I am not sure why they never did this.

The worst part is just changing the rules in middle of the year.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I agree with others that we should write, email & call re: the stopping of BOGO. It was a competitive advantage Marriott had other chains, and did cause people to book stays with Marriott that might have gone elsewhere.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:47 am

I think people should write, email & call Marriott & let them know what this decision means - ie, you'll be taking your business to other chains. And for those who have cancelled reservations, let them know that you've cancelled/how much revenue you'll be giving to other chains.

This was a competitive advantage Marriott had over other chains; way to lose it and lose some business.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:56 am

Have to agree this was not handled well. If Marriott was going to stop the current BOGO to 'revamp', then they should not have announced Q4 dates.

To announce them & then people made plans to utilize the BOGOs (possibly including booking airfare) & then announce that it's on hold - VERY BAD FORM.

Besides Marriott losing revenue with those who are going to (or have) canceled their ressies, this leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth re: Marriott in general & their actions.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat, Marriott Plat
Yeah. Marriott has been relegated to a distant second choice for me this year and probably not going to make an attempt at Platinum or Gold again and just stick with SPG.

Aside from the poor MR choices they have made they also can't keep their properties in check with consistent Plat benefits and when pushed they come back with "we have no mechanism to enforce this for the property"

So far over 30+ stays and 80 nights at SPG (I could have stopped at 25 stays or 50 nights but scared of what will come my way at a Marriott at this point)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:01 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello all,

I want you to know we understand how important this benefit has been to you. I would also like to reiterate that this benefit is not gone; it has been placed on a short hold. We know how much you look forward to this benefit each year. This is why we have started looking at ways to enhance the offers and process of this benefit. In order to make sure all of the processes are in order and that you get the best product available we need a short time to work out some of the details.

Thank you for your understanding and please look forward to more information on this benefit as we move into 2012.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:02 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello all,

I want you to know we understand how important this benefit has been to you. I would also like to reiterate that this benefit is not gone; it has been placed on a short hold. We know how much you look forward to this benefit each year. This is why we have started looking at ways to enhance the offers and process of this benefit. In order to make sure all of the processes are in order and that you get the best product available we need a short time to work out some of the details.

Thank you for your understanding and please look forward to more information on this benefit as we move into 2012.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

Kind regards,

Marie
Marie, this is not directed at you, but at Team Marriott. You don't announce the dates of Q4 BOGO in advance & have people make their plans (including booking airfare) & then tell them the program is 'on hold'. That's VERY BAD FORM!

If you want to revamp, then you do it behind the scenes & roll it out at the start of 2012, but keep the current plan going since the dates were already announced.

Instead, you (Team Marriott) yanked the rug out from elite guests & you now have them canceling their stays & looking at other chains to stay at/get elite status. Marriott's left a bad taste in some of its elites mouths, and they may decide to go where there's a good taste (ok, I know that's a bad way to end the sentence, but I was trying to stick w/ my metaphor).

BTW - after the debacle of the website, you'll understand why some of us are a bit concerned that the 'enhancements' might not go as well either. Has Team Marriott asked any of its guests for input on enhancements/make the process better?

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:29 am

To quote myself in the other thread re: this...

Marie, this is not directed at you, but at Team Marriott. You don't announce the dates of Q4 BOGO in advance & have people make their plans (including booking airfare) & then tell them the program is 'on hold'. That's VERY BAD FORM!

If you want to revamp, then you do it behind the scenes & roll it out at the start of 2012, but keep the current plan going since the dates were already announced.

Instead, you (Team Marriott) yanked the rug out from elite guests & you now have them canceling their stays & looking at other chains to stay at/get elite status. Marriott's left a bad taste in some of its elites mouths, and they may decide to go where there's a good taste (ok, I know that's a bad way to end the sentence, but I was trying to stick w/ my metaphor).

BTW - after the debacle of the website, you'll understand why some of us are a bit concerned that the 'enhancements' might not go as well either. Has Team Marriott asked any of its guests for input on enhancements/make the process better?

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:37 am
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
To quote myself in the other thread re: this...

Cheers.
Agree! Sharon expressed my thoughts on this far better than I ever could!

The EEO's are one of the main reasons I've made a big effort to retain platinum status in the past. As others have mentioned in this thread, I had hoped to use these a few times in the 4th Qtr 2011. I can't believe Marriott would release the dates & then decide to put them on hold with only 5 weeks notice.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

Kind regards,

Marie

Thank you, Marie, and as Sharon noted above this is not directed at you, as we greatly apprecitate your giving us notice of such "enhancements."

In this vein, if Marriott truly wishes to understand our needs, I can think of no better forum than this one (and Milepoint) to discuss with us suggested "enhancements" of this benefit.

Therefore, I hope in the near future, some Marriott representative posts various ideas that Marriott is considering in order to enhance our enjoyment of Marriott family properties.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:45 am

Ed French needs to be fired
Cut,cut,cut and nothing added to this once fine(pre Ed French)program.
And we get this notice in a toss away notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.