Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
That is correct, there are no exclusions for the US non-resort hotels. There are many international locations included, which is great. The dining and hotel exclusions always have differed in the past, so this should not be an indication of which hotels are included/excluded from the hotel BOGO
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:55 am
Suspended

Absolutely incredible that as of 1 PM EST the list of the 2 for 1 locations has not been posted yet.

It is their perogative to list whateve hotels they wish and the term of such offer, but for them to not list them by the start date is -- I will say it again -- deplorable.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Dinner certs but no free night certs? Someone one the web team is really dropping the ball.

So I needed a certificate for this weekend and just remembered that the link to the cert has been the same URL. Searched 'EEO' for an old thread and grabbed the link:

https://www.marriott.com/specials/me...splayLink=true

you need to be logged in to Marriott.com and a gold or a plat for it to work. It comes up with the right dates, so I'm guessing the web team just didn't upload the correct links on the my account -> promotions central -> member offers page. I tried this link Wednesday actually and it didn't work... there was no certificate, so Marriott has definitely updated it since wednesday.

Caution: I am 99% sure the list of properties isn't correct. This happened last summer too where the list changes AFTER the the start date (they removes a lot of east coast ones last summer). The US properties are probably right, but the international ones are very questionable. Great service by marriott right?

Last edited by goldenbear; Jul 8, 2011 at 11:35 am
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have some good and bad news. After calling Marriott PP Desk, getting transferred to Internet Customer Care, and then getting moved to International Customer Care, I was told that the EEO room certificates were not yet loaded and that it could take up to a few days for that to happen. I expressed my displeasure at hearing that, and I was transferred to the Rewards Desk (why wasn't this dealt with at the PP desk originally??) for a further explaination. I got another rewards representative who asked her supervisor and told me that the EEO room certificates should be available for printing by the end of today.

I'm okay with that (assuming they show up sometime by midnight), but that leaves those with EEO reservations starting tonight out of luck. If I had an EEO reservation tonight, I would call Marriott customer care (800-525-4028), explain the situation and ask if the EEO certificate can be turned in tomorrow, after check in. I would ask the customer care desk to contact the hotel and explain why the EEO certificate is not being turned in at check in.

If those room certificates do not appear sometime tonight, I will call customer care tomorrow morning. Anyway, it only took about 28.5 minutes for me to get this info.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:49 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello,

The stay offer should be viewable within an hour. It was published incorrectly this morning. In the meantime you may go directly to the link:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ember-specials

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Marriott Platinum/Gold Elite Free Night Certificates: July 8 - Aug 28

The Marriott, JW Marriott, and Renaissance BOGO elite certificate link has just been posted to the Marriott platinum/gold offers list within your account.

Marriott/JW Marriott link: https://www.marriott.com/specials/me...splayLink=true (must be signed into your account first
Renaissance link: https://www.marriott.com/specials/me...splayLink=true (must be signed into your account first)

These certificates are valid July 8 - August 28 at any participating non-resort Marriott, JW Marriott, and Renaissance in the US. There are actually many more international locations now included as well. Last go around there were none, so this is a huge improvement. However, still all the hotels in NY, Boston, and DC are excluded.

They are good for a free weekend night with a publicly offered paid rate (i.e., cannot use with AAA, corporate rate, special offer).

I posted more about how these certificates work here.

Marriott excluded hotels:
- Annapolis Marriott Waterfront
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
- Boston Marriott Cambridge
- Boston Marriott Copley Place
- Boston Marriott Long Wharf
- Boston Marriott Peabody
- Boston Marriott Quincy
- Charleston Marriott Town Center
- Charlotte Marriott SouthPark
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Delray Beach Marriott
- JW Marriott Washington, DC
- Key Bridge Marriott
- Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
- Long Island Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- Le Merigot,A JW Spa
- Marriott at Research Triangle Park
- Monterey Marriott
- Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- New York Marriott Downtown
- New York Marriott East Side
- New York Marriott Marquis
- Newport Marriott (R.I.)
- Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
- Philadelphia Airport Marriott
- Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
- Raleigh Marriott City Center
- San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina
- San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
- Santa Ynez Marriott
- South Beach Marriott
- Spartanburg Marriott at Renaissance Park
- Springfield Marriott
- Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
- Washington Marriott
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park
- Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Williamsburg Marriott

Renaissance excluded hotels:
- Renaissance Asheville Hotel
- Renaissance Charleston Hotel Historic District
- Renaissance Hotel 57
- Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
- Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
- Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
- Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
- Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
- The Mayflower® Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel

Participating international properties:
- JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel
- Cologne Marriott Hotel
- Lisbon Marriott Hotel
- Amman Marriott Hotel
- Petra Marriott Hotel
- Leipzig Marriott Hotel
- London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- Heathrow Windsor Marriott Hotel
- Liverpool Marriott
- Aberdeen Marriott Hotel
- Glasgow Marriott Hotel
- Birmingham Marriott
- Huntingdon Marriott
- Marriott Forest of Arden
- Leicester Marriott
- Northampton Marriott
- Cheshunt Marriott
- Puebla Marriott Real Hotel
- Panama Marriott Hotel
- Frenchman's Reef Marriott
- St Kitts Marriott
- Marriott Torreon
- JW Marriott Lima (weekend nights Friday - Saturday)
- Renaissance Samara Hotel
- Renaissance St. Petersburg Hotel
- Renaissance Cologne Hotel
- The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: MR & STARWOOD PLAT, HYATT & HH DIAMOND, AA EX PLAT 4.0 MM LIFETIME PLAT, WN "A" W/CP, HERTZ 5*
All 4 BOGO offers are now available online.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:02 pm
Used to be 'where2next'

Programs: MR Platinum
Just checked, and the hotel EEO's are posted.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:00 pm

Florida beachfront or beachside hotels ...

Does anyone have any recs for hotels where the EEOs can be used in Florida for hotels that are beachfront or close to the beach? Everything I am finding seems to be a resort.

Also, to double check, is it correct that the EEOs will not work for a Thurs & Fri or Sun & Mon night stay?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nub2travel
CYs do not qualify nor do resort properties regardless of the brand. International locations are rarely included. The list changes for each new batch so you have to check when they are released to the elites. Last year I was happy to see REN in Aruba on the list so I went for a long weekend adding my free CAT 5 night. I have been hoping it would happen again this year but I was told there will be no international properties for the next EEOs.
Thankfully, whomever you spoke to about Int'l properties being excluded from this round of EEO's was very, very wrong.

Further, Hartleypig ought to be happy as there are many UK properties listed, including one in the heart of London!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:14 pm

Yea! I feel more comfortable having something in print. Of course the only time the international ones were not included is last time when I went over to Europe! Glad they are back.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; National Emerald Exec Elite
I see that some have used these more than once. Has anyone tried using 2 for 2 rooms for 2 nights at the same time? My family needs 2 rooms, and this would make for a great weekend away.

In the same vain... I am staying at a Marriott for 2 weeks. What are the odds I can use the dining cert more than once? I have lots of ink!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Tinainfl
Also, to double check, is it correct that the EEOs will not work for a Thurs & Fri or Sun & Mon night stay?

Thanks!
The Marriott Website will not let me in right now to actually look at the present cert, but in the past, I've almost always used the cert for Thu-Fri night stays and there has never been a problem. Sun-Mon is not eligible.

The free night is the second night, which must be a Fri, Sat or Sun.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by FarAway
I see that some have used these more than once. Has anyone tried using 2 for 2 rooms for 2 nights at the same time? My family needs 2 rooms, and this would make for a great weekend away.

In the same vain... I am staying at a Marriott for 2 weeks. What are the odds I can use the dining cert more than once? I have lots of ink!
Your name prints on the certificate, and most hotels limit you to one cert per hotel per weekend. The certs are giftable, so you would need a cert from another Plat and to two separate reservations with two different people checking in. EX: Room 1, Mr. X, using Mr. X's Cert. Room 2, different reservation, Mrs. X, using a friend's cert.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Tinainfl
Does anyone have any recs for hotels where the EEOs can be used in Florida for hotels that are beachfront or close to the beach? Everything I am finding seems to be a resort.
Hollywood Beach FS is neither a resort nor specifically excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.