Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titan
I just had my first Marriott stay post-SPG/MR combo (which didn't go smoothly for me - several do-overs on SPG/Marriott side) and the points posted as follows:
+2,000 Points
(1,000 Base + 0 Elite + 1,000 Extra)
when it should have posted for about 8,500 points. I called and was told that I had elected to credit miles to US Air. Two issues. First, I have not credited either my Starwood or Marriott stays to an airline in the last five years (if ever?!). And, second, US Air doesn't even exist anymore. So, I looked at my new "merged" account and sure enough - it appears that in the combination that my preferences have been set to crediting miles listing my old US Air FF#. Everyone might want to check their preferences.

And here's the best part, I can't be credited for the points until the SPG/Marriott folks figure out where the paltry airline miles actually went...since they can't find any contact for US Air (I did point out that it is now American). The agent let me know that I should call back in three or four days and check on my case.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
A four-night stay I completed two weeks ago did not post normally. I filed for missing credit Sunday. Other than the auto-reply I got not communication from corp, though on Tuesday the property did send me a "Thanks for staying!" email (similar to the one I received at checkout) and the points posted to my account. That made it seem like it was the property's fault for not filing the points correctly. Still, I would have appreciated even a token acknowledgement from corp about resolving the problem.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Yes, 3 nights at the same property (one points night, two nights with certificates). The first night posted the next day, and the other two are MIA.

My 2 night stay at a different property from 9/4-9/6 still hasn't posted, although I suppose it's still less than "10 business days". I miss SPG stays posting the next day...
I'm now almost at a month since my first stay that hasn't posted yet, and still waiting. I filed missing stay requests after 10 business days and it's now 10 business days after that.

One stay is a Marriott property booked with my original Marriott account #. The other is an SPG stay booked with my original SPG account #. I've since Merged my accounts.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:16 am

I'm now almost at a month since my first stay that hasn't posted yet, and still waiting. I filed missing stay requests after 10 business days and it's now 10 business days after that.

One stay is a Marriott property booked with my original Marriott account #. The other is an SPG stay booked with my original SPG account #. I've since Merged my accounts.
Oddly enough I heard back on the 2 standalone nights yesterday. They were both rejected for night credit as they contained no eligible charges (these were point stays). It makes no sense to me -- I don't expect to earn points on the free night (other than welcome points for the 1st day), but I do expect the 2 night stays. Did something change that I'm missing? This was an SPG award at an SPG property.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Oddly enough I heard back on the 2 standalone nights yesterday. They were both rejected for night credit as they contained no eligible charges (these were point stays). It makes no sense to me -- I don't expect to earn points on the free night (other than welcome points for the 1st day), but I do expect the 2 night stays. Did something change that I'm missing? This was an SPG award at an SPG property.
Seems like I've read this before. Zero-dollar stays do get night credit (wasn't it Hilton that was notorious for needed revenue to get credit?). You need to push back and be very specific to what is missing. If you're lucky someone else will get the ticket and know how to fix it. Or you might try asking the Lurkers to look into this. Be sure to include the response and make sure it includes the name of the agent so re-training can be done.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Seems like I've read this before. Zero-dollar stays do get night credit (wasn't it Hilton that was notorious for needed revenue to get credit?). You need to push back and be very specific to what is missing. If you're lucky someone else will get the ticket and know how to fix it. Or you might try asking the Lurkers to look into this. Be sure to include the response and make sure it includes the name of the agent so re-training can be done.
Both rejections were from the same agent.

One folio had F&B charges on it + parking, the other was just parking. At a minimum, the F&B should have been eligible.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Both rejections were from the same agent.

One folio had F&B charges on it + parking, the other was just parking. At a minimum, the F&B should have been eligible.
I'm not getting points on F&B recently. Is this a new policy? Or a mistake?

Even worse, I had rate at Marriott Frankfurt last week that included Breakfast and they invoiced the breakfast as 25 Euros per day of my rate and I received no points for this part of the bill.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver

I still missing mine .... 20-22 Aug stays ...
Submit missing stay form 2 weeks ago ... no reply
Contacted the hotel last week ... they tried to email Marriott about the stays and still nothing

One thing that I guess cause the issue is the membership number ...
The number in the folio is my "new" spg number ... 9 digit spg number.
And I have merge my account since the stay

(hotel email to marriot also have this information)

I guess I will need to just wait until everything settled ...
Since I passed 100 bights and $20k spending already, the missing stays is not really important.

(the point however, can be quite significant)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:55 am

The points haven't credit back to account after cancelled a redemption booking.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The missing stay finally posted. I guess the backlog really hammering them.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Anyone having issues with points and nights posting, but no activity showing on the website or app?

For me on the website it says
We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.

On the app, I can see data that was cached as of 19/09, but nothing beyond that.

Calling anyone is hopeless.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by D582
Anyone having issues with points and nights posting, but no activity showing on the website or app?

For me on the website it says
We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.

On the app, I can see data that was cached as of 19/09, but nothing beyond that.

Calling anyone is hopeless.
Yes, this is typical. In their infinite wisdom transactions on the customer-facing data sources are not used to compute the totals and therefore not needed. From the looks of it they have separate sweeps that transfers data from the back office systems and their choice is to move totals before moving transactions. Not sure how much of this is impacted by all the changes needed due to the merger and the fixes they've had to push through.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I had a stay in Sept with two rooms on two different reservations. The second room was for the day after I arrived. Room#1 9/13-16. Room #2 9/14-16. Both had my MR number attached. The first room posted to my account, but not the second. I submitted the missing stay request on the first day possible. An email was quickly received. And since then, crickets.

Whats the consensus on how long one long one should be waiting patiently? I understand they’re slammed.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I had a stay in Sept with two rooms on two different reservations. The second room was for the day after I arrived. Room#1 9/13-16. Room #2 9/14-16. Both had my MR number attached. The first room posted to my account, but not the second. I submitted the missing stay request on the first day possible. An email was quickly received. And since then, crickets.

Whats the consensus on how long one long one should be waiting patiently? I understand they’re slammed.
Yeah, it's too bad auto-responses are intended to fool the sender into thinking someone has actually seen the message, but alas most likely not. I'd guess the confusion is getting the points from the second room to post since you're not entitled to nights. I would have hoped a month to be long enough, but appears not to be the case. If the points are not urgently needed, I'd suggest waiting 30 days from the missing stay request and then a phone call, but those are even tough to get through. For future events, maybe getting the charges moved to room 1 at check out will go smoother.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yeah, it's too bad auto-responses are intended to fool the sender into thinking someone has actually seen the message, but alas most likely not. I'd guess the confusion is getting the points from the second room to post since you're not entitled to nights. I would have hoped a month to be long enough, but appears not to be the case. If the points are not urgently needed, I'd suggest waiting 30 days from the missing stay request and then a phone call, but those are even tough to get through. For future events, maybe getting the charges moved to room 1 at check out will go smoother.
I kept them as two separate reservations because they were for different dates. Out of the blue I did get a response from them today. They said I’d already received the points. Whoever did the review clearly did not look at the statement, receipt, or reservations. So now it’s left to me to call customer assistance and get it resolved. I know to not expect the nights, but the points amount to nearly 8K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.