Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:30 am

I used the online form twice now....and finally, someone replied asked for a better legible copy of the folio. I sent that across (which clearly shows my MR membership) and *fanfare* one night of a two stays (3 nights each) got posted. Of course, 1000 bonus points failed to post.
I would rather wait and someone does a proper job than these half-a#&ed, brainless actions, which are stealing my time.
If Marriott at least would come forward and say "sorry folks, this was far from what we aimed for and we are truly sorry. these are the open items and we will fix them by xx. meanwhile, hang in there with us...."
But the deafening silence except for some corporate bla which seems to be geared more towards press and investors than the actual customers is just plain sad.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Not sure if relief is the right term to describe my feelings when I read these posts - at least I know I am not alone !

customer service used to be great at SPG - and has turned into a complete nightmare.

i have twice filled the form for a missing stay at design hotel, incl receipt upload, and it’s been three weeks. 0 response.

i have even worse experiences with sNAs but that’s another thread.

if at least they would READ and try to understand my emails....they can’t even get my name right, they keep calling me by a name that is only very remotely similar to my real name.

i completely agree with the previous poster, come out, apologize, tell us how long it will take to fix things. DO NOT let new CS reps that were hastily recruited to deal with the mess get back to >15 y loyal plat guests who a) understand very well the program rules and b) are not trying to cheat with their requests but simply want to get all these system errors fixed
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:15 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by D582
Anyone having issues with points and nights posting, but no activity showing on the website or app?

For me on the website it says
We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.

On the app, I can see data that was cached as of 19/09, but nothing beyond that.

Calling anyone is hopeless.
I have a similar issue. My points are posting and it lists the stay under recent activity but my night count did not go up. (Marriott side) on the SPG side stays are really slow to post.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UPDATE: I called, placed on hold for about 10 minutes, and was given the extra points.Took a bit of explaining to the agent, but she got it.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by banzani
Not sure if relief is the right term to describe my feelings when I read these posts - at least I know I am not alone !

customer service used to be great at SPG - and has turned into a complete nightmare.

i have twice filled the form for a missing stay at design hotel, incl receipt upload, and it’s been three weeks. 0 response.

i have even worse experiences with sNAs but that’s another thread.

if at least they would READ and try to understand my emails....they can’t even get my name right, they keep calling me by a name that is only very remotely similar to my real name.

i completely agree with the previous poster, come out, apologize, tell us how long it will take to fix things. DO NOT let new CS reps that were hastily recruited to deal with the mess get back to >15 y loyal plat guests who a) understand very well the program rules and b) are not trying to cheat with their requests but simply want to get all these system errors fixed
Now, on the website, there is no form for missing stay? .... I just requested a folio instead, for a missing stay 4 weeks ago at W Hotel Beijing
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rebyang
Now, on the website, there is no form for missing stay? .... I just requested a folio instead, for a missing stay 4 weeks ago at W Hotel Beijing

The link is in the wiki.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by D582
Anyone having issues with points and nights posting, but no activity showing on the website or app?

For me on the website it says
We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.

On the app, I can see data that was cached as of 19/09, but nothing beyond that.

Calling anyone is hopeless.
My account has had the same problem for 3-4 weeks now. I can see the incorrect total nights and points, but when I try to check activity just see "We're temporarily unable to display the information you requested...." Not a very temporary problem however.
Unlike some others I am not getting a positive response when I email. They have twice said they are unable to do any manual adjustments I should wait until they get their systems fixed.

Very frustrating. I understand having IT issues but I strongly resent their attitude of us, their customers, just having to deal with it on their terms with no apology and no timeframe to fix. If this is a sign of the future, the future is not looking bright. And the CEO's comments do not instill confidence, quite the opposite in fact. Perhaps time to select a new hotel program.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
So since the merger, 11 stays posted and 1 missing (submitted claim 3 weeks ago and still not credited yet). Platinum bonus welcome amenty (500 or 1000 pts) only posted on 3 of the 11 stays. On one stay points posted for the F&B and nothing for the room rate (flexible rate at an aloft, booked on the Marriott website). All ex-SPG properties. Don't know where to start chasing these, sounds like too much effort for the reward.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:25 pm

Thanks! Just filed the claim and received email to ask me to provide a English version of invoice for my missing stay at W Hotel Beijing. It's ridiculous to ask me such document when I sent the final hotel bill to them. Shame on Marriott.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The funny issue is that all you guys wrote about it is really true. Bit Marriott managment dies not care.This Hotel business seems to work different. Usual you try satisfy your (loyal) customers. My understanding is, that Marriott is earning much more money with one night customers than with loyal customers with 75 os 100 nights+.

Since Marriott changed Hotel software at 4P two weeks ago, none of my two stays has been posted. Intotal 3 nights. I Claimed one other night at the date date of the system chnage and now for 5 or 6 weeks there is no answer from the team.

What I don t understand, there should be enough employees but does Marrioot really reduce the manpower or in other words fire those people? Well 6 weeks and no responce for a customer with 80+ nights seems to be ok for Marrioot.

So I assume customer does not care.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:55 pm

Anyone else encountering this? I saw for the first time (looking at some old history form earlier this year for a reason) that ALL of my Delta reward points that I got (bonus rewards or whatever they were called - with Starwood) pre-merger are credited and then immediately debited from my account as “points to airline miles transfer reward.” I have NEVER transferred Starwood or Marriott points to any airline and at first thought my account was hacked and then I realized it’s the exact amount of miles credit under “Delta Mile for Stay dL-Gold” the same day or the day after.

What the!? For me this started in 2018. Prior years are unaffected.

Anyone else!?!? I swear this didn’t look like this pre-merger. And yes, I should have done a better job keeping track, but I have 1 M points now with my accounts merged and it is my fault for not paying close attention to the balance (I travel frequently).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yeah, it's too bad auto-responses are intended to fool the sender into thinking someone has actually seen the message, but alas most likely not. I'd guess the confusion is getting the points from the second room to post since you're not entitled to nights. I would have hoped a month to be long enough, but appears not to be the case. If the points are not urgently needed, I'd suggest waiting 30 days from the missing stay request and then a phone call, but those are even tough to get through. For future events, maybe getting the charges moved to room 1 at check out will go smoother.
+1 I emailed them about 1.5 months ago about another issue (not about missing stays), and received the auto response. But so far haven't heard a single thing from them. Calling them is easier.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
I haven't had the post-merger issues with crediting stays yet, but it finally happened. I'm missing 3 nights, and this is the time where I need it the most. (5 SNA's after 50 nights, I'm at 47 right now). I was planning to use it for tomorrow's stay at the W. Guess it's not happening.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I haven't had the post-merger issues with crediting stays yet, but it finally happened. I'm missing 3 nights, and this is the time where I need it the most. (5 SNA's after 50 nights, I'm at 47 right now). I was planning to use it for tomorrow's stay at the W. Guess it's not happening.
I am now 70nights, haven't received the SNA... for my SPG Platinum Premier Elite member
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I have a Category 1-4 free night certificate from Marriott times that now maps to max 25000 points per night award. How do I use this for SPG hotels, example Sheraton? When trying to book it redirects to SPG site where there is no option to "attach" certificate, only to pay with points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.