Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by yapak2
I used the online form twice now....and finally, someone replied asked for a better legible copy of the folio. I sent that across (which clearly shows my MR membership) and *fanfare* one night of a two stays (3 nights each) got posted. Of course, 1000 bonus points failed to post.
I would rather wait and someone does a proper job than these half-a#&ed, brainless actions, which are stealing my time.
If Marriott at least would come forward and say "sorry folks, this was far from what we aimed for and we are truly sorry. these are the open items and we will fix them by xx. meanwhile, hang in there with us...."
But the deafening silence except for some corporate bla which seems to be geared more towards press and investors than the actual customers is just plain sad.
After sending a complaint, finally my second stay got credited, after which I was only shortchanged by 1 night on one of the two stays and the bonus points.
Easy. Just one more email complaint with all documentation and finally, everything posted.
Oh and of course two more recent stays haven't yet posted either....I am yet to start the chasing saga for those.

Marriott, if you hear me....Are you intentionally trying to make our interactions with you miserable??
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rebyang
I am now 70nights, haven't received the SNA... for my SPG Platinum Premier Elite member
How long ago did you make the selection for the SNAs? They do not happen on their own.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I haven't had the post-merger issues with crediting stays yet, but it finally happened. I'm missing 3 nights, and this is the time where I need it the most. (5 SNA's after 50 nights, I'm at 47 right now). I was planning to use it for tomorrow's stay at the W. Guess it's not happening.
I am in the same boat - no issues with stays being credited and even got and successfully redeemed my 5 SNAs for 50 nights. But now missing my last stay (5 reward nights), as well as associated PAG points and incidentals, which will trigger my next 5 SNAs for 75 nights. I sent the missing stay request form in 8 days ago and only got the automatic response. Oh well, my business travel this week will finally trigger the 75 nights. It's just painful to have to chase down nights, points, etc.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I am at the end of my rope with this. I had a 5 night stay in a luxury collection just shy of a month ago that I have requested to have posted. Marriott and SPG both have repeated requests copies of the folio which I have provided at least four times now. Have gone through all proper channels (marriott request form and [MENTION=10904]spg[/MENTION] assist). Have called, waited for and spoken to a supervisor at SPG twice but both times I was told that their "system is down" and they cannot manually post the nights and that I should call back. Received an email yesterday from Marriott internet customer service saying they had posted all eligible nights, but the no nights have posted (just some points) and they posted the stay as arriving and checking out the same day instead of the 5 days. I am two nights away from 75 and this stay puts me at 78 - I honestly do not know how to proceed with this. It is Hyatt for me the rest of the year., I guess.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by travelerp
I am at the end of my rope with this. I had a 5 night stay in a luxury collection just shy of a month ago that I have requested to have posted. Marriott and SPG both have repeated requests copies of the folio which I have provided at least four times now. Have gone through all proper channels (marriott request form and [MENTION=10904]spg[/MENTION] assist). Have called, waited for and spoken to a supervisor at SPG twice but both times I was told that their "system is down" and they cannot manually post the nights and that I should call back. Received an email yesterday from Marriott internet customer service saying they had posted all eligible nights, but the no nights have posted (just some points) and they posted the stay as arriving and checking out the same day instead of the 5 days. I am two nights away from 75 and this stay puts me at 78 - I honestly do not know how to proceed with this. It is Hyatt for me the rest of the year., I guess.
I feel your pain! I've had to bird dog my stays for for the past two months and between missing stays and incorrectly posted stays, this has become a full-time job. I've told my Ambassador how exhausting this all is especially when you have stays nearly every week.

In addition, the way Marriott posts the stays is sometimes out of order or, in order, but out of sequence (ie. a Sep 10 stay posts after a Oct 2 stay but is shown before the Oct 2 stay so instead of looking for the latest transactions, you have to go back to double check that the stay indeed posts). There's also the idiocy of the points total changing (up or down) but the actual transactions causing the points total to change not appearing for days. All in all, trying to keep track is a ridiculous chore.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Since October 2nd no new stay has been added to my account. In total I‘ missing 4 stay and from October 2nd 3 stays / 4nights. My account ssems to locked with 79 nights this year. Very strange.

I send out 2 requests via webpacke now in total 6 weeks waiting and no reply. Only autoreply „please alow 10 WD for reply...“ or so.

I fear there is no need in near future to assume an outstanding service with ambassador from Marriott. It might be better for them to settle merger and maybe to com back in one or two year.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:31 am

Is it possible to ask the hotel to check and post the missing stays? I sent email to the hotel of my missing stay but no reply.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Is it possible to ask the hotel to check and post the missing stays? I sent email to the hotel of my missing stay but no reply.
I tried to do this with a Sheraton but was told that they do not have access to the system to make retrospective credits.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I haven't had the post-merger issues with crediting stays yet, but it finally happened. I'm missing 3 nights...
Same here. And my Account Activity isn't showing anything anymore when it was correct a month ago (with migrated data & post merger stays). The calculations are now off.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I finally got five missing nights from a month ago (MR points stay booked on marriott.com) posted by calling an SPG supervisor yesterday (third try). Then, to add levity to the whole process I received an email today from Marriott internet service saying "As I reviewed your stay information and folio, I found that your stay was booked through a third party or by a wholesale or tour agent. Your folio only had incidentals listed.
I apologize that a stay booked by any means other than the hotel or a Marriott booking channel is not eligible to earn points or miles, Elite nights or promotional credit."
Huh?? They concluded that it was a third party booking because only incidentals were listed? I have reached Platinum Premier for the year (and Lifetime PP once they do their sweep - which I am sure will be another battle come January). That is it for me and Starriott until they clean up the IT.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by travelerp
I finally got five missing nights from a month ago (MR points stay booked on marriott.com) posted by calling an SPG supervisor yesterday (third try). Then, to add levity to the whole process I received an email today from Marriott internet service saying "As I reviewed your stay information and folio, I found that your stay was booked through a third party or by a wholesale or tour agent. Your folio only had incidentals listed.
I apologize that a stay booked by any means other than the hotel or a Marriott booking channel is not eligible to earn points or miles, Elite nights or promotional credit."
Huh?? They concluded that it was a third party booking because only incidentals were listed? I have reached Platinum Premier for the year (and Lifetime PP once they do their sweep - which I am sure will be another battle come January). That is it for me and Starriott until they clean up the IT.
Not unusual for the CSRs to look at what happened and make up rules to match instead of knowing the rules and recognize an error occurred. It is much easier to try to bamboozle the members and get them to go away than to work within their system to correct the error. This is becoming more and more typical of all customer support services that I am shocked when I find someone willing to step up and solve the situation instead of excuse it.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:03 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Well it doesn’t get any more clustered up than this reply from Marriott from my missing stay form that I filled out.

Stay was a 3 night award stay, took the breakfast for 2 which was automatically removed from bill at check out.
No other incidentals, just looking for my 3 stay nights to post.

If the people handling missing stay requests from Marriott don’t know you can earn stay/night credit on award stays then what’s the point of even filling out the form? Is there any hope left for this Marriott debacle?

“We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Rewards member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name”

Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Instead of my missing stays being posted. Now I'm seeing multiple of these transactions being posted.
Have not flown Emirates and China Eastern for the past 3 years...

10/27/2018 Bonus* Emirates & China Eastern Miles +132 Points
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:05 am

Are the missing stays all from previous SPG hotels? or from hotel abroad? for me, missing stays are W Hotel in Beijing and Moxy Tokyo in mid-September. I stayed at Hotels in Zurich earlier this month, both Sheraton and Autograph Collection, points/nights posted about 2 days after checked out. I am wondering the reason for so many missing stays since August.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Are the missing stays all from previous SPG hotels? or from hotel abroad? for me, missing stays are W Hotel in Beijing and Moxy Tokyo in mid-September. I stayed at Hotels in Zurich earlier this month, both Sheraton and Autograph Collection, points/nights posted about 2 days after checked out. I am wondering the reason for so many missing stays since August.
Seem to be random. For me, seems to be random and jumps back and forth Marriott and SPG hotels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.