Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
That's what I meant, I didn't get all the points for up to three, but it's only credited for one.

By the way, they even messed up my room credit. I'm glad I've called in and the agent found out they mistakenly credited nights for my guest (which is only 4 nights) and not mine (which is 7 nights), I'm glad she caught it because I didn't! But she said she can't help me on the other room credits and I needed to write an email to marriott for them to research and credit the points owe to me.

CD
Not unusual. Seems like there is any conflict as to what to post, it's always the lesser that posts. Almost too frequent to be a manual event.

Glad you got it worked out quickly. Lots of horror stories of things taking a very long time to get resolved.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:18 pm

I've been in points limbo since August. I successfully linked and merged my accounts into one number, amex sees and confirms that number, but no CC points have posted since August. Looks like a lot of people are having account issues and this really leaves a bad taste for Marriott. Opened "investigations" but honestly haven't heard from them in over 2 weeks.

I will spend my business stays at Hyatt until this is worked out.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs down Great Job IT?????

4 of my last 5 stays have not posted. Great job Marriott IT in creating a wonderful new system.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
From a colleague - who still have separate SPG and MR accounts, this relates to credits to the SPG account.

She stayed at a hotel in the UK on 12 Nov. This was credited to her SPG account a few days later.
She stayed at the same hotel again on 15 Nov. When this credited, it overwrote the first credit. The account now shows a stay on the 15th.

And again :
She stayed at a hotel (different to the first one) in the UK on 18 Nov.
She stayed at this same hotel again on 22 Nov. The account now shows only the stay of the 22nd.

So she is now 2 nights and 2 stays and lots of points short.

On the face of it, overwriting stay credits when you have 2 consecutive stays at the same hotel seems a serious issue.

Has anyone seens anything like this on their own accounts ?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
What is going on?

My stay credits do not post anymore. With the old SPG, in within three days of a stay they were always there in my account.

Above and beyond this very frustrating reality is this situation : who are the people answering the phones now?? Since the
summer they seem to have zero experience, institutional knowledge or anything. I used to get SPG professional customer
service reps ... now I merely talk to folks who appear to be answering the phone at home with some sort of guidebook on
their lap. What kind of cheap circus is Marriott running these days? It's like they have gone back twenty years instead of
making a serious attempt at this sorry merger. Golly, I wish that Chinese outfit had succeeded in buying Starwood (even
though they have their own world of problems now.)
Bigshaker and seanp7 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by choco
My stay credits do not post anymore. With the old SPG, in within three days of a stay they were always there in my account.

Above and beyond this very frustrating reality is this situation : who are the people answering the phones now?? Since the
summer they seem to have zero experience, institutional knowledge or anything. I used to get SPG professional customer
service reps ... now I merely talk to folks who appear to be answering the phone at home with some sort of guidebook on
their lap. What kind of cheap circus is Marriott running these days? It's like they have gone back twenty years instead of
making a serious attempt at this sorry merger. Golly, I wish that Chinese outfit had succeeded in buying Starwood (even
though they have their own world of problems now.)
Completely agree. Not a single one of my stays (truly, not one!) has posted correctly since the merger. I've had to call every time, most recently today only to find the agents are now having incredible difficulty understanding the issues I'm describing and are unable to help beyond asking me to email my folios in.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
I am very tired of stays not posting. Waiting on stays that would have put me over the ppe status for 75% credit. Guess Marriott won't make up those extra points. I am a lowly spg member with well over 1000 nights and well over 2 million points. That did not matter this year. Received the lovely Happy Birthday free elite night that was suppose to be credited in 48 hours. Now over 2 weeks. I am amazed. Was told by awful Marriott customer service about the amount of customers they have now and causing issues with transition. Don't have these issues with Delta. I have never said I would move on to another program but seriously thinking about it. Communication is awful.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Delay posting stay credit ---> Slowing down in Status achievement

I should achieve Platinum Premier status today if my last stay credit was posted on my account. However that's not the case.

Since the program merging in August, I have to chase for night credit to post on my account. I have to wait 10 business days to file a missing stay claim and then wait for another week to get response.

Why is it so hard for Marriott to do the easy task like this? Is marriott always try to trick their member? Any thought?

Sorry for poor English as i'm not a native english speaker.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

Since the program merging in August, I have to chase for night credit to post on my account. I have to wait 10 business days to file a missing stay claim and then wait for another week to get response.
I am currently doing a Platinum challenge, and the last 4 nights have not posted. I waited the 10 days, and submitted a claim and now I need to wait another 7 days?

Is there any quicker way to remedy the problem. A few pages ago someone suggested to DM on Twitter. The problem is I have my last stay next week for the challenge and I am hoping to have Platinum status December 28th for my stay so I can get free breakfast. Should I DM on twitter, phone - would that likely help?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Thank you to everyone for letting me know that it's not just me : Marriott's system and customer service is awful.
Never, ever knew I would miss Starwood this much. I was sure that things were not going to be so great
anymore following the merger but the current situation is just sad. I hope somebody with a brain is reading
our messages.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I had no issue with stays posting until about a month ago. Now, 90% of stays aren't posting at all. Thankfully have an ambassador who can post them for me, but it's absolutely ridiculous to have to waste time monitoring this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Recently had four back to back stays. Three posted very quickly (within 48 hours) but the third stay at Sheraton Key West did not post at all. I waited the 10 days, attached a scan of the receipt and I received an email within 30 minutes apologising and confirming the points had now posted. I was quite impressed (and a marked contrast from a stay just after the merger that took weeks and many calls/emails to post).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Neither of my stays from Europe over Thanksgiving have posted, both at Marriott legacy brands no less.

Unfortunately I have another Marriott stay next week for work since every Hilton I could find was either sold out or nearly $900/nt. Something absurd is going on in NYC next week.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Just checking - AAA rates are qualifying, aren’t they? JW Bangkok, 6 nights haven’t posted (over a week now) while stays at different properties later have already posted. Without the JW stay I’m stuck at 74 (!) nights, with nothing else coming up this year. I might be able to do a one-nighter next week, but wouldn’t if I knew the 6 nights were to post. OTOH I don’t want to miss PP by one night either.

EDIT: I reached out to the hotel, they also contacted Marriott Rewards Centre, let's see how this goes

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Dec 2, 2018 at 5:57 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:54 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
this isn't quite about stays not posting, but how do I find nights from credit card spend, birthday etc posting? I don't see them in the website or in the app. I still have the older chase MR card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.