Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by margarita girl

These properties were moved to Marriott platform.

FIFTH ROUND – DECEMBER 11
  • Luxury Collections Properties
  • St. Regis Properties
  • Aloft Properties
  • Element Properties
Thanks. Is this shown in a FAQ somewhere? Perhaps a document that outlines the various stages, why it happened, and whether Marriott is doing anything to clean up the stays from that night for these properties?

It’s a PITA having to constantly follow up with missing stays.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CanRulez

Thanks. Is this shown in a FAQ somewhere? Perhaps a document that outlines the various stages, why it happened, and whether Marriott is doing anything to clean up the stays from that night for these properties?

It’s a PITA having to constantly follow up with missing stays.
Funny. This is Marriott we are talking about. FT is your best source for information.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30232651

Post # 426. Lucky for you, it’s over now.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CanRulez
What happened on December 10/11 with the systems (e.g. Aloft) that caused booking confirmation numbers, and check-in times to change?

i have a stay with an original check-in of December 10, that now shows a check-in of December 11 and a check out of December 11. In fact, it shows I checked in later than I checked out.

Needless to say, the systems did not pick this up and my stay is missing.

You are going to have to contact MPG to get the stay corrected and posted. It uses simple date math to determine the number of nights so when you check in after midnight the system does the math and you end up one night short (good night auditors should catch this and fix it, a few don't). Having the entire system swapped out on top of that is bound to have issues. Don't worry, you're not alone.
CanRulez likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)

Funny. This is Marriott we are talking about. FT is your best source for information.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30232651

Post # 426. Lucky for you, it’s over now.
LOL. I love the sarcasm.

Thanks for the helpful info!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I called in Friday to check on a previous request, since it hadn't been done in the time frame that they told me it would be. I sent my original request in the week of 12/3 for a Westin stay that didn't post.

The woman I spoke with asked me what email address I had sent the request to. I told her. She then told me that it was the wrong address. I asked her why the person had given me that address, and she told me that, "It might have been right at the time, but it isn't anymore." Keep in mind that I sent in the original request less than two weeks ago.

This isn't looking good.

Mike
LadyPhoenix likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:03 am

Question

I am still looking at my two totally unlinked, unmerged, uncombined accounts. MR, and spg. I am currently Plat. (i.e. Plat. Premier Elite) in both programs/accounts.

Now,
I accidentally booked and then stayed one night at JW Marriott using my spg-account. Stupid me. The stay took place in the first week of September 2018.

The night credit is not posting, only a so-called bonus. Is this correct?
Again, my accounts are totally separate. Is it ok, that the night credit is not showing on my spg, but a bonus is?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by decentmove
I am still looking at my two totally unlinked, unmerged, uncombined accounts. MR, and spg. I am currently Plat. (i.e. Plat. Premier Elite) in both programs/accounts.

Now,
I accidentally booked and then stayed one night at JW Marriott using my spg-account. Stupid me. The stay took place in the first week of September 2018.

The night credit is not posting, only a so-called bonus. Is this correct?
Again, my accounts are totally separate. Is it ok, that the night credit is not showing on my spg, but a bonus is?

Many thanks.
No, the SPG account should have the night credit and any associated points. Technically, there is only one program and regardless of being a legacy MR or SPG property booked from either account should still get credit. Give them 10 days to post the stay and if it doesn't happen submit a missing stay credit from the appropriate account (SPG). There have been many reports of cross-program stays not posting properly.
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:23 am

Besides the missing stay link mentioned above in the wiki, is there an e-mail address for spg Plats, where they can reliably write to in order to address not just missing points (as mentioned in the above link/form) but also missing nights?

Also, I would like to write to them with a clear reference to both, the reservation confirmation and the scanned copy of the invoice. The link above though only allows for attaching an invoice but has no entry field for any confirmation number reference.

Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
The link above though only allows for attaching an invoice but has no entry field for any confirmation number reference.

Thanks.
I stick a post it note on top of the invoice before scanning it if I have any additional comments to add.
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Besides the missing stay link mentioned above in the wiki, is there an e-mail address for spg Plats, where they can reliably write to in order to address not just missing points (as mentioned in the above link/form) but also missing nights?

Also, I would like to write to them with a clear reference to both, the reservation confirmation and the scanned copy of the invoice. The link above though only allows for attaching an invoice but has no entry field for any confirmation number reference.

Thanks.
I stick a post it note on top of the invoice before scanning it if I have any additional comments to add.
...or use something like Acrobat to edit the PDF file to add any notes you think are needed.
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy (lol) Titanium/LTP
I have to say this is getting ridiculous. 3 out of the past 4 travel weeks I have had failures:

Sheraton Grand Pheonix - Nov 14-15 - Points failed to post (submitted request, resolved)
Westin Phoenix - Dec 3 through 6 - Points failed to post - active request pending
Nines Portland (Luxury Collection) - Dec 11 through 13 - Points posted, except they are wrong. I only received points for the minibar charges (which were actually charged on a subsequent reservation but somehow got reassigned to this one...) and not the room rate. On a positive note, the megabonus posted correctly. Fingers crossed on the next night..

I feel like I shouldn't have to baby Marriott to get points posted. This is becoming an ordeal. At some point it crosses from incompetence to just downright negligence.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only two out of five stays for the past three weeks posted and with only incidentals. Those two were posted as awards even though they were paid rates (not prepaid). I need to follow up with all five stays.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
How long is it reasonable to wait for a response from Research

On 3 December I submitted a request for 6 missing nights and a stay from a legacy SPG hotel, the Sheraton Grande Mirage, Port Douglas Australia. The stay was in November. I sent an email request for credit, with copies of my folio etc. I received an auto response stating it could take "up to 10 business days" due to high workload. I get that but it is now 12 working days. This used to take less than 48 hours. I know that customer service has gone down the drain since the merger and that workload has increased but what has other people's experience been? Do I resubmit or just sit and wait? Any other options? This is getting to be death by a thousand cuts to be honest and the contrast to past experience does not paint the new program in a good light.
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Just received this from Starriott:

Dear secretalcoholic,

2018 has been a year of change for us here at Marriott and for our members. In August we combined our three loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®, giving you access to more hotels, benefits and status than ever before. While merging our programs brought you many new benefits and options, we know that for some, the integration presented challenges, and we apologize for these difficulties.

As we move toward the end of this year, I wanted to take a moment to reiterate that our goal is always to provide you with memorable travel experiences and to make you feel like a valued part of the Marriott family. With that in mind, I want to personally thank you for your ongoing support, patience and loyalty during a challenging year.

You’ll be hearing more from us next year when we introduce our new brand name, representing the most rewarding loyalty program in hospitality. I want to wish you a happy and healthy holiday season, and we look forward to welcoming you at our 29 extraordinary hotel brands around the world in the new year and for many years to come.

Best,
David Flueck
SVP, Global Loyalty
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Unless you need the credit for immediate future stays (benefit of the new status etc) I would suggest wait few more days before resubmit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.