Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs down Situation Not Improving!

As of last week, my last 5 stays from early November into mid December have not posted. Inept Marriott IT situation continues. E-mail from loyalty VP thanking everyone for their patience while the problems are not being addressed. Wonder if he ever comes down from his ivory tower office to see what his members are experiencing. As someone said in a previous post PITA that tests the loyalty of its members.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:48 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fizzer
On 3 December I submitted a request for 6 missing nights and a stay from a legacy SPG hotel, the Sheraton Grande Mirage, Port Douglas Australia. The stay was in November. I sent an email request for credit, with copies of my folio etc. I received an auto response stating it could take "up to 10 business days" due to high workload. I get that but it is now 12 working days. This used to take less than 48 hours. I know that customer service has gone down the drain since the merger and that workload has increased but what has other people's experience been? Do I resubmit or just sit and wait? Any other options? This is getting to be death by a thousand cuts to be honest and the contrast to past experience does not paint the new program in a good light.
I'm in the same boat. Well, almost. Have not submitted my claims yet and both my accounts are still totally separate. Was thinking of submitting my claims within the next days, then wait for the corrections to post, then screencopies, and only then do the combination thing. But time is running and reading about your experience I don't think things will get posted correctly before I will have to go ahead with the combination. Which is, latest on the last day of this year!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I combined my accounts on Agust 31st with no issues. Since then, I have had 15 stays and 27 nights all of which posted correctly within a day or two of checking out. I have spent exactly zero minutes on the Phone with Marriott since the merger. I had no issues choosing 5 SNA after combining my accounts as a Platinum and choosing the 40K Free night award at Platinum Premiere. I am at 90 nights this year but not enough spend for Ambassador status. Not sure I would want one anyways. I redeemed an OC 8 travel package and attached it to an OC 8 property which is a NC 5 in Australia prior to the merger. That is still entact. I have no desire to detach and try to game the system for an upgrade nor terribly concerned if I don't get 30K points back. I look at it as insurance for securing a $2500 savings on a reservation that fits my needs. No stress here.

Sorry to hear that others are having difficulties.

James
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to request missing Platinum amenity points? SPG.com used to make this so easy but Marriott website doesnt give option for just submitting request for JUST missing points even with a posted stay.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
4 Marriott stays in the last month. The 2 from Europe didn't post, the 2 from North America did, and for some extra fun 1 was in Calgary and they billed my credit card for the stay despite it being a points award.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:06 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
No stays posting since dec....
I have many bookings spanning almost the entire next 2 months at marriott hotels. I worry I'll hsvr to follow up on all. I'll wait some more days and will then start to cancel my flexible bookings...

Hiltons q1 promo was just announced at the right time
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:26 pm

Marriott can't look into my missing stay request.

Stayed at a Sheraton property in South America. No stay credit and no points were posted. After several attempts (their mailbox was full for ages) I finally managed to submit a request for the missing points via the link on the Marriott website. I eventually got the following response. I thought it was comical.

"The folio you have sent is in the language which we can not understand. If you have a folio in english language so please do share with us so that we can add eligible credits to your account."

I'm not sure why the onus is on the guest who already provided a MR number to the hotel yet failed to be credited and who has taken the time to submit the hotel folio as substantiation now needs to have it translated into English for Marriott, but there it is.
CO-PLAT, cln and nexusCFX like this.

Last edited by Biscuittin; Dec 21, 2018 at 9:55 pm
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
These people need help....
I had a submission for missing stay at Sheraton, SCL. Then I get an email back staying bookings through 3rd parties are not qualified stays. My reservation was with through SPG website and I had a BRG approved by SPG. Then I get an email saying there is no record of staying at a different hotel. Of course the folio I emailed shows the right hotel- duh. Sent two follow up email asking for status- no replies.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by Biscuittin
Stayed at a Sheraton property in South America. No stay crew and no points were posted. After several attempts (their mailbox was full for ages) I finally managed to submit a request for the missing points via the link on the Marriott website. I eventually got the following response. I thought it was comical.

"The folio you have sent is in the language which we can not understand. If you have a folio in english language so please do share with us so that we can add eligible credits to your account."

I'm not sure why the onus is on the guest who already provided a MR number to the hotel yet failed to be credited and who has taken the time to submit the hotel folio as substantiation now needs to have it translated into English for Marriott, but there it is.
My immediate thought would be to manually type up the text (in the foreign language) and run it through Google translate (or, if it is an electronic folio and not a PDF, run it through GTranslate) and send both in alongside one another.

That being said, if the property wasn't in Brazil (which is a bit easier to understand), I feel like "no hablo espanol" isn't really much of an excuse these days.

Edit: Twitter might be worth a shot.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That is unfreakinbelievable.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Biscuittin
Stayed at a Sheraton property in South America. No stay credit and no points were posted. After several attempts (their mailbox was full for ages) I finally managed to submit a request for the missing points via the link on the Marriott website. I eventually got the following response. I thought it was comical.

The irony being that whomever sent the email from Marriott clearly doesn't speak much English, either.

This post is definitely in the running for corporate screw-up of the year.

Mike
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:28 pm

Clearly the new standard of customer service is that of the horrible rep I spoke with today, who told me:
- the hotel is always right, not the customer
- the published terms and conditions mean whatever she interprets them to mean
- if I challenge her, she will write disparaging remarks in my account

I would be ready to abandon ship here but for my relationship with a number of excellent legacy starwood hotels I visit frequently - anyone have any experience migrating to Hyatt?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by chitraveler1975
Clearly the new standard of customer service is that of the horrible rep I spoke with today, who told me:
- the hotel is always right, not the customer
- the published terms and conditions mean whatever she interprets them to mean
- if I challenge her, she will write disparaging remarks in my account

I would be ready to abandon ship here but for my relationship with a number of excellent legacy starwood hotels I visit frequently - anyone have any experience migrating to Hyatt?
While the rep should have approached it better, both the hotel and the rep were correct in this case. Check your other thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...r-service.html. I posted a link and an excerpt from the T&C.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebranz
These people need help....
I had a submission for missing stay at Sheraton, SCL. Then I get an email back staying bookings through 3rd parties are not qualified stays. My reservation was with through SPG website and I had a BRG approved by SPG......
Did you book your stay on spg.com but stayed after system migration? I had same issue where my BRG approved rate was from spg.com but system migration changed it to third party rate. I finally got a one-time-exception after multiple emails and phone calls, albeit with less points than I should have received. Both the hotel and Rewards rep insisted that I booked via third party and do not qualify for stay/points credit. I asked them which third party I booked from but they kept repeating that I booked via third party without identifying which third party.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Did you book your stay on spg.com but stayed after system migration? I had same issue where my BRG approved rate was from spg.com but system migration changed it to third party rate. I finally got a one-time-exception after multiple emails and phone calls, albeit with less points than I should have received. Both the hotel and Rewards rep insisted that I booked via third party and do not qualify for stay/points credit. I asked them which third party I booked from but they kept repeating that I booked via third party without identifying which third party.
Wow. Can it get any worse!? That's the lowest blow I've read about in a while amidst all the other nuisances coming forward with the whole thing. Couldn't you prove anything to them with the help of your reservation confirmations which you received by e-mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.