Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Didn't even know this thread existed.

Called today because my stay in Paris didn't post. The rep asked me whether it was Paris, Texas; Paris, California; or Paris, London. I explained that it was the one in France. She seemed surprised.

She did tell me that they had been having problems "because of everything that's going on," a phrase that she repeated several time. She said the points should post by Monday.

I vote that everyone throws in a dollar and whomever guesses closest to when the points post wins the pot.

Mike
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
SPG stays not posting

Hello,

I didn't see a consolidated thread for this issue so my apologies if I missed it.

I've had 2 SPG stays NOT post to my account since the August integration. I have 10 upcoming SPG stays and am now worried that those stays will not post either.

Is anyone else out there facing similar issues with their stays? Are Marriott stays posting correctly?

I will be earn Platinum status based on stays this year and will fall just shy of 50 nights. Having these stays post correctly is paramount in my situation, as well as countless others in my shoes. The last thing I would want is for 2019 to come around and Marriott not have our correct status displayed for our 2019 stays.

Thanks for any input.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Same here about not seeing this thread. Maybe someone can highlight this to be "special"

Same boat - no post from last 2 stays and still have not rec those bonus points for playing that stupid game.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:19 am

Angry What's wrong with Marriott's system?

I recently stayed in Four Points at Barcelona, AC Hotel at Zaragoza and Eugenia de Montijo at Toledo.
It has been 12 days since I checked out from the Four Points at Barcelona, I didn't see stay and points in my account yet.
AC Hotel at Zaragoza is no problem. I received stay and all points on the next day after I checked out.
For the Eugenia de Montijo at Toledo, I booked the rate with 3000 bonus points per day. I stayed there 2 nights. I received 3000 bonus points on the next I checked out. I was happy and thought it should be as good as the AC Hotel at Zaragoza. However, in the past week, I received nothing else.
I didn't see anything like this before. It seems their system is still in a mess since the merge.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Okay. Feel better after putting to words what has been put to words a thousand times already?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by clublounger
Okay. Feel better after putting to words what has been put to words a thousand times already?
say what?

datapoints of mine from the past 2 weeks.

Protea South Africa properties: 3 stays w/ 1 posted correctly within 48 hours and then other 2 stays are MIA
Autograph Collection Malaysia property: stay posted correctly within 48 hours, but the current promotion 2K points are missing and the 5K LNF points are missing
Luxury Collection India properties: stay posted without Welcome Gift 1K points
Renaissance Brazil property: stay posted correctly within 24 hours, yes 24 hours!, but the 5K LNF points are missing
Renaissance Chile property: stays never posted, were manually requested via property and posted incorrectly with wrong dates and wrong stay length

So, no. Things are not getting better.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
say what?

datapoints of mine from the past 2 weeks.

So, no. Things are not getting better.
My response was not to a datapoint. It was to the poster above mine that started a brand new thread today, about issues that clearly have been covered for months. That new thread has now been properly merged to this existing thread.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTTE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by binnun
Hi everyone,

I am a longtime SPG Platinum and right on the line of requalifying for Platinum Status this year. A few days before the merger, I stayed with family for 2 nights in 3 rooms at an SPG property using points, and only got credit for one room.

It took many, many calls and emails before a phone agent would agree that since I stayed pre-merger, SPG rules should apply and I should get the extra 4 nights of credit. He told me to email [email protected] with the infos and folios, which I did.

That was 2 months ago. Despite follow up emails and calls, never got a response. I finally got a response today (see below), which says that only paid nights get elite credit. What??? Does this rep know the program's rules? I responded to a link to the website where it says that Award stays get elite status credit, but don't have high hopes, as I've been calling and emailing for months and getting nowhere.

Does anyone have anything they suggest doing? I'm getting really frustrated, but this will make the difference between Plat and Gold, and I'm convinced I've earned it. Is anyone else having a difficult time in getting their accounts properly credited?? Thank you!

Response from Starwood Rep

Thank you for contacting Marriott International regarding your stay from August 15 to August 17, 2018. I welcome this opportunity to help.

Point redemption nights do not qualify as only paid nights qualify to earn night credit. I apologize if this may cause any inconvenience for you.

We value you as a Platinum member in our new Loyalty program. Should you have other inquiries, please reply to this email, or you may contact us directly at 888 625 4991. Safe journeys.
I am having the most frustrating time with this department. Prior to the merge I took screenshots as advised by my ambassador. Then they merged my accounts and my total nights dropped. I went from being 9 away from LTPP to now over 30 nights away. They wont give me the difference and I am afraid I will be stuck and not able to earn LTPP next year as it wont be offered. The advisor I am working with takes his sweet time as if he is almost purposely delaying the responses so I cant book enough nights.

Extremely frustrating.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
11 days since I checked out from the Sheraton Pittsburgh. Nothing posted yet. I know my number was on file as they acknowledged my status at check-in. I miss the SPG days where everything posted within 1-2 business days.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I checked out from a Westin on a Friday.... never receive a receipt in my e-mail as I usually do.

Call Platinum line the day after and am told "it will be sent Monday". Of course Monday comes around I still don't have it. Call the platinum line again, and am told the hotel must provide. Call the hotel accounting department...

H: Would you like your receipt checking in Sunday or Wednesday?
Me: I stayed Sunday through Friday...
H: Ok, no problem
Me: Why do you have me checking in Wednesday?
H: No problem

I receive two receipts in separate e-mails... one for Sunday - Wednesday, and another for Wednesday - Friday. I was in the same room the entire time.

Of course points don't post.. and now I cant' use the automated missing stay request form since I have two different uploads

Why is this so painful to deal with a hotel where I have platinum status for a basic business trip?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: SPG Platnium, SWA A+, CP
Originally Posted by Parikh1234
I am having the most frustrating time with this department. Prior to the merge I took screenshots as advised by my ambassador. Then they merged my accounts and my total nights dropped. I went from being 9 away from LTPP to now over 30 nights away. They wont give me the difference and I am afraid I will be stuck and not able to earn LTPP next year as it wont be offered. The advisor I am working with takes his sweet time as if he is almost purposely delaying the responses so I cant book enough nights.

Extremely frustrating.
Point redemption doesn’t count towards lifetime nights? Am I reading that correctly? I am using points to stay 6 nights to reach 750 points. Can somebody confirm? Much appreciated.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Parikh1234

Extremely frustrating.
Originally Posted by Toan
Point redemption doesn’t count towards lifetime nights? Am I reading that correctly? I am using points to stay 6 nights to reach 750 points. Can somebody confirm? Much appreciated.
There have been way too many reports of wrong info coming from the CSRs and I have no doubt MPG will not stand behind what they say (good or bad, aka IRS style). Reward nights have/do count in LT night totals. I would not put any faith in any statements made by CSRs regarding program rules (yes, sad statement, but proven all too often). Sometimes they do get it right and few post here when that happens, so we don't know the percentage, but the failure rate is way too high.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by bballdad175
No, from Concur. It's a Design Hotel and it seems those don't add my number automatically. This was first time at this hotel. I was just booking a new stay at same hotel and noticed my number wasnt added.
Submit a missing stay request after 10 days. You’ll find the form on the website. Provide a copy of your invoice.

With all the issues Marriott has been having with stays not posting, I don’t see a reason why they’d deny this.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:24 pm

What happened on December 10/11 with the systems (e.g. Aloft) that caused booking confirmation numbers, and check-in times to change?

i have a stay with an original check-in of December 10, that now shows a check-in of December 11 and a check out of December 11. In fact, it shows I checked in later than I checked out.

Needless to say, the systems did not pick this up and my stay is missing.

Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CanRulez
What happened on December 10/11 with the systems (e.g. Aloft) that caused booking confirmation numbers, and check-in times to change?

i have a stay with an original check-in of December 10, that now shows a check-in of December 11 and a check out of December 11. In fact, it shows I checked in later than I checked out.

Needless to say, the systems did not pick this up and my stay is missing.

These properties were moved to Marriott platform.

FIFTH ROUND – DECEMBER 11
  • Luxury Collections Properties
  • St. Regis Properties
  • Aloft Properties
  • Element Properties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.