Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I have a night from Dec. 2nd at CDG that still hasn't posted yet.

AW
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
My 5 total nights have all posted from last week.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
My aloft stay that checked out on 12/23 posted on 12/25 (points appeared first, then the night and listed activity posted later in the afternoon). I had a Westin checkout on the 24th and I see the points increase, but not the night or listing yet. Sheraton checkout in the 25th not yet appearing.

i also have a stay from mid August that is correctly counted in my totals on app and desktop, but only actually appears listed in my activity on the app, not desktop.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My stay 10-11 December posted the next day
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I did have 5 stays not posted, my father has got 3 stays not posted
after numerous emails to the hotels and the Marriott not customer service

finally got 2 of my stays posted and 1 of my fathers. the others are 12 days plus and no postings as yet
see the response from the Marriott customer service

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay . We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that our records indicate that your stay has already posted to your Marriott Rewards account. You can view this stay on your online account summary at MarriottRewards.com.

Generally, if a hotel has your account number on file, your stay will post to your account within ten days after check-out. For those stays that are located outside the United States please allow up to four weeks for properties to post your stays.

If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

so i have to wait up to 28 days for non us properties to post? what an absolute shower of ....
compared with 1 or 2 days under Starwood... and a quick email if after that to the hotel got it manually adjusted
Fizzer likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Those repeated optics of Marriott being really a US loyalty programme are really tiring for the 7 billion of us not in the US...
Fizzer and margarita girl like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I had a stay that concluded Dec. 17th post a few days after check out. However, a friend who stayed at the same property over the same nights has not seen any points yet.

YMMV!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
My impression is that Marriott is simply overwhelmed by missing stays due to IT issue. I have been patiently waiting and often hear back from Marriott after 30-45 days. I think Marriott does try to get back to you. It just takes a while. For December 6 filing, you should hear back sometime in January. Interesting to note:,missing stay requests filed via web link seems to process faster.
Honestly, I don't think that's a valid excuse any more. This has been a problem for several months according to this thread. If Marriott were serious about fixing it they could hire more people or even bring in temps to help. There's no sign that they've done that and there's no sign that the backlog is reducing at all. I think this is just the new normal.
Bigshaker likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Buyer beware! I was trying to get credit for a recent stay and was told to email receipt to [email protected] by a CS Supervisor yesterday. I did this but the email was returned saying the domain had changed. I again called CS and they had ZERO clue about what was going on. Whoever runs their IT Department needs to get the boot! First you piss people off by screwing with their accounts and balances. Then you don't credit stays and then after they waste time on hold for CS you tell them to email an email address that is down but clearly no one in IT thought of informing CS.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by TerryK
My impression is that Marriott is simply overwhelmed by missing stays due to IT issue. I have been patiently waiting and often hear back from Marriott after 30-45 days. I think Marriott does try to get back to you. It just takes a while. For December 6 filing, you should hear back sometime in January. Interesting to note:,missing stay requests filed via web link seems to process faster.
Yes, one would think. But when management won't acknowledge there is a problem it will be tough to keep the resources focused in draining the swamp let alone get more help. There IT may be doing a wonderful job given the resources provided (staffing, equipment, and time), but failing to address the issues and just ignoring them shows their interest in doing right by their members and more trying to satisfy their investors. It's too bad they won't even notice the exodus created by this mess. Walking away may feel good, but forwarding your folios from other hotels just might get their attention. Anyone got a fax machine to reach corporate?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by christianj
Buyer beware! I was trying to get credit for a recent stay and was told to email receipt to [email protected] by a CS Supervisor yesterday. I did this but the email was returned saying the domain had changed. I again called CS and they had ZERO clue about what was going on. Whoever runs their IT Department needs to get the boot! First you piss people off by screwing with their accounts and balances. Then you don't credit stays and then after they waste time on hold for CS you tell them to email an email address that is down but clearly no one in IT thought of informing CS.
[email protected]
it is not really that difficult to find. You can also submit a missing stay request online.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
My December stays have credited and finally as of this week also all my November stays have credited.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My accounts are linked but not combined and my MR account has been consistently saying that I've had no activity since some date in early October despite a lot of (paid) legacy Marriott nights since then. OTOH, those nights won't impact my status so I''ve been procrastinating on putting in the time and effort to get it fixed, although of course I eventually want all the points I earned.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 27, 2018 at 12:57 pm Reason: clarified
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:52 pm

I’m 50/50... 3 stays have posted and 3 have not. I contacted the ambassador desk regarding two and they got them posted. Reached out 4 days ago to the Ambassador desk about the third without response. I guess they’re off for the holidays?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I've got a 3 night stay from over a week ago that never posted. Oddly the Make A Green Choice bonus points just posted yesterday. No idea why the stay itself is not posting but will give it some time before emailing CS. It's not like calling does anything these days but piss people off...

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.