Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I guess I have been lucky woth regards to posting , except for a recent 6 night stay at the Sheraton Grand Mirage, Port Douglas. It was booked, prepaid, several months ago, before I merged accounts. I suspected that there might be issues when we had to give our SPG number every time we used the bar or restaurant, because they couldn't give us the SPG discount as they didn't have the new number. It was entered by Reception at check in but didn't seem to transfer through the hotel. The new number actually shows on my folio but this shows zero for accommodation charges as they were prepaid, through spg.com, in May.
I scanned the folio but was unable to attach either a .jpg or .tif file, as it repeatedly told me to use a supported format, such as jpg or tif. Frustrating and incompetent. Also the inability to attach more than one page, as described by an earlier posting is also dumb ( and I too am dumb because I don't know how to merge two into one file).
I ended up sending it to spg research. This also lety me point out that the room rate was not on the invoice, which will hopefully avoid further chasing this up. I received an automated response saying it could be 10 days before they look at it, a definite downgrade from my prior experience with SPG research.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:39 am

Missing Points - What more do I have to do?

I have waited 10 days, as suggested by the missing points form and then submitted the request with a copy of my final bill.
I have rung the hotel itself twice, who say they have forwarded the points to Marriott Rewards.
I have called Marriott Rewards twice, who say the points will be posted within 48 hours (been 3 days since the last call).

With no luck. Who do I contact?

Which hotel: Four Points, Brisbane.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
How long has it been since you submitted the copy of the bill to Marriott? There is a big backlog of cases given the mess the company is in.

Before 10 work days have elapsed, you should not do anything else. Just wait.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I have the same issue. I have submitted the same request three times over two weeks. The only thing I have received is the automated email. Starriott is pretty much put customer service on the back burner. I hope they get to it sometime in the next six months.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
nevermind

Last edited by UA-NYC; Dec 4, 2018 at 9:47 am Reason: new thoughts
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I'm in the same boat. Some time last month only one of my past 5 stays has posted without having to call my Ambassador. It's become quite annoying to have to constantly contact her to get something to post correctly or post at all.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by airoli
How long has it been since you submitted the copy of the bill to Marriott? There is a big backlog of cases given the mess the company is in.

Before 10 work days have elapsed, you should not do anything else. Just wait.
I submitted the copy of the bill on the 20th of Nov.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:46 am

I just got off of a rather ridiculous customer service call. A stay from last week straddled the IT changeover from legacy SPG systems to Marriott systems. The hotel broke the stay into two parts, pre-change and post-change. The pre-change part posted fine. The post-change part posted in entirely the wrong numbers - in rough terms, it said I earned ~200 "base" points (implying $20 spending) when I had actually spent ~$200. Apart from the difference in points, that really matters to me because I'm likely to end this year within $100 above or below the $20k Ambassador qualifying level, so if this $180 is missing I'm pretty much guaranteed NOT to make it.

I told the rep the stay had posted but the amount of points were wrong. First thing he says when he looks it up is, "I see the stay here. Is the problem that you don't see it in your app?" No, it's not - I just said that the stay posted incorrectly.

"What was the total revenue for the stay?" I told him it was around $200. "Well I see 200 base, so that looks right to me." No, I explain, it's supposed to be 10x base per dollar, so the base should be around 2000. "Did you use the Marriott Rewards credit card? It's 10x with the Marriott Rewards credit card." I did use an SPG card but explained to him that everyone is supposed to get 10x base points, regardless of whether you use the credit card. "Let me put you on hold for a minute so I can speak with a colleague."

A few minutes later the rep comes back and tells me that he's sending the request back to the hotel to correct the points. I had been under the impression that the phone reps could fix this problem themselves, but apparently not (and frankly I didn't want to push it with this guy, who clearly had no idea what he was doing). He gives me a file number and says "Because you're a platinum member, you should be getting 10x base points" and that the hotel will contact me about it. Of course, that 10x base doesn't depend on being a platinum member, but also, I'm Plat Premier. So now I guess I'm just waiting to have the hotel reprocess this and will see how it turns out.

To summarize things the phone rep got wrong:
  • What my problem was, immediately after I told him what the problem was.
  • What the base point earning rate is.
  • How elite status affects base point earning (it doesn't).
  • How payment method affects base point earning (it doesn't).
  • What my status is.
I am not optimistic that this will be resolved correctly but I'll give the hotel a chance to fix it before I judge.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by matravelguy
To summarize things the phone rep got wrong:
  • What my problem was, immediately after I told him what the problem was.
  • What the base point earning rate is.
  • How elite status affects base point earning (it doesn't).
  • How payment method affects base point earning (it doesn't).
  • What my status is.
I am not optimistic that this will be resolved correctly but I'll give the hotel a chance to fix it before I judge.
Frightening!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:31 pm

Missing Stay Request - No Response from Emails/Form

EDIT 12/6 - I was apparently too impatient. On 12/5 I received an email response to my request for a new folio (from 10/19...). I replied promptly that I reached out to the hotel directly and asked if the person who emailed me could help with my missing stay request instead. I attached the folio I now had with relevant details - within an hour or so they responded to say they reviewed and added my nights - I could see it reflected in the app about another hour after that.

ORGINAL POST
I had a 30 night stay in Sept/Oct at a Residence Inn. It was under one reservation, but the nights/points posted in 8 night intervals. The first three sets posted, but the final set of 6 nights never posted. I had another 5 nights (different reservation) at the hotel immediately following, so when I noticed I was missing nights I inquired at the front desk. I was informed they can take 10 days to post and I should wait. My final 5 nights did post successfully two days after check out, but I am still missing 6 nights from the first reservation. I am currently sitting at 45 nights so need those to make Plat.

I did not have a folio from the 30 night stay so on October 19th I submitted a request through the online form for a copy of my folio. I got an auto reply that they have higher than normal inquiries. To this day I have never received a response back from that request.

On Nov 17th I contacted the hotel directly and they emailed me the folio while I was on the phone. I then completed the missing stay form online that same day. Again I got an auto-reply saying volume was higher than normal. 10 days later I replied to the email ([email protected]) and also CCed [email protected] saying it had been 10 days and I was looking for the nights as I had an upcoming stay and wanted my platinum status prior (which has now since passed). I got an auto-reply from both email addresses with again the standard "higher than normal" response. It has been another week since I sent that email and still have heard nothing.

What do I need to do to get my stays added? If I call will they assist me on the phone? I don't want to call in after the recent data breach because I assume calls also have very high volume and long waits...

Any suggestions? Has anyone had similar experiences? Thanks!

Last edited by willywilkes; Dec 6, 2018 at 11:38 am Reason: New Info
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Here's what happened to me (so be prepared )

- You'll wait 3-4 days, and not see the stay post
- Also didn't get your folio E-mailed
- Call the hotel (a 4PTS, in this case, FWIW) get them to E-mail the folio, which arrives OK
- On the 10th day, fill out a "missing stay form", attach the E-folio
- Wait a week, no acknowledgement
- Resubmit form, get an "we got your request" reply
- Wait two weeks, get bupkes from MR/SPG
- Resubmit form, get an "we got your request" reply
- Wait a week, get an E-mail acknowledging your missing stay, and that it's been manually added
- But who knows which one of the three requests got it to "stick"?
- So about a week later, you get a 2nd reply: "Please submit your folio so we may process this missing stay" (despite you having done that three times now)
- And a week after that get "I see this stay has indeed posted to your account, please wait 10 days before you bug us about missing days, dammit" (paraphrased)

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt about reply 2 as maybe they'd seen the stay post and think I'd meant another one, but I just thought the whole thing was both funny and harder than it should have been (and I'd love to know why a property I've stayed at plenty of times before didn't credit me).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
That's been pretty much my experience as well. All 10 parts...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:50 am

Update to post #218 : I heard back from the hotel, which told me that after the merger it is unable to adjust the points for a past stay. So go ahead and add to the list of things that phone rep didn't understand: the "solution" of opening a ticket with the hotel doesn't solve anything.

I tried again today and got a different phone rep who told me to send the folio to research@starwoodhotels, so I've done that. But Lurkers (if you're monitoring this thread) - wasn't there some person we could contact by phone to fix this? I thought from the posts above that calling in was the recommended method for fixing problems like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Anyone having issues with earning points on incidental spend at Courtyard Hotels in the New Programme?

(I know these did not earn point in the old one)

"Earn points across all brands on your room rate and incidentals that can be charged to your room, such as spa and dining. Previously, only select Rewards brands offered point earning on incidentals."

https://members.marriott.com/marriottrewards/
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Had 2 night stay early November in SCL- Sheraton. Did not post. Sent in form after 10 days- with folio attached as required. Finally received response my stay did not qualify as done on third party! My booking was on SPG site, BRG for rate, paid with SPG credit card. OK, asked what's up- no response- sent follow-up after a week. Get response telling me the hotel (wrong one) has no record of my stay or SPG/Marriott# and asks for my number.

What's wrong with these people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.