Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Well I had a stay at an Indian property that I received points for F&B spend only - no points for the room rate. So I wrote and requested credit for the room rate of 7590 INR (I mentioned the number specifically) as well and included a copy of the portfolio

Response? Yes I got one, but ... “The folio which you have attached does not include the room charges on it”. My bad - looking back I noticed the folio lists the 7590 INR line time as “accommodation” ... so I should have used the word “accommodation” rather than room charges. Seriously though, they are employing people ( in this specific industry) that don’t have sufficient command of the English language to know that “accommodation” is the amount on your bill that relates to what you paid for your room. Annoying.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Marriott Gaslighting? -- Redeposit showing as a negative transaction

I made an award booking at the Sheraton Grand Los Angeles at the end of June for a stay in August. I cancelled it on August 10. The way it's reflecting in the system now it shows a 36,000 point deduction on 6/26 and another 36,000 point deduction on 8/10. I submitted an inquiry about the error back in September and it took me over a month and at least two other submissions to get a response. When I did receive a response they told me that the points were indeed redesposited. Here is the most recent email they sent me:

Here is screen copy of the certificate in question:

06/26/18 08/10/18 LAXGR STAN - 00 36,000 23167638 MH DELETED

However, if you do not see this online you are welcome to contact our office via phone and you may confirm what I have advised.
If you look at the My Activity Screen, however, the June redemption and supposed 8/10 redeposit are identical other than the date. That is to say that the 8/10 transaction is for -36,000 which makes no sense since all of my earnings show positive. Why wouldn't a redeposit show as a negative transaction and not positive? Am I not understanding something correctly?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
One question for folks here: I finally got my folio for my missing stay and it was two separate pages (one page for the billed fees another for some local taxes that are only paid at the end of the stay).

When I submitted the missing stay form it only allows you to submit one page; if you want to submit more than one page it sends you to the phone number page (e.g., contact us by other means).

It's not a huge amount of Euros/points but is this another lost cause? Or would it be possible if they ever respond to my missing stay claim to add the second page?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by ckendall
It's not a huge amount of Euros/points but is this another lost cause? Or would it be possible if they ever respond to my missing stay claim to add the second page?
If the second page only contains "some local taxes", then you may not need to send it, as taxes are not supposed to be eligible for earning points anyway. But as a general rule, for multiple page stays, can't you just merge the files, to submit as one file?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: UA -1K, DL -Silver MM, Marriott - Titanium
Marriott has not updated my account since the end of September . Since that time I have had 3 stays and submitted "Missing Stay" requests for all of these and still no response .

Currently Platinum and think I am close to Premier Platinum , but unsure as my Chase Marriott points for $3K spend have not posted either
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No Activity Details

My account has not been able to access activity details, both on web and app, for more than one week. I don't know what has been posted or not. It worked for the early part of October. I wonder what happened.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there even folios for points stays with no incidentals? I don't recall ever seeing one.

So I couldn't use the Missing Points form, because it doesn't have a selection for "no folio, this was a points stay. So I had to use the Request Folio form, and then explain in the comments that I don't the folio myself, but I can't file a Missing Points form without it, and they can either get me the folios or just make the 2 missing stays post (Plat welcome points plus night credit).

Btw, i had half a dozen or more points stays since Aug 18, and most have posted, but two in the second half of October didn't. These were all stays booked (before Aug 18) on the SPG site. (And I haven't combined accounts yet, so they're still on the SPG version of the Marriott site except for the 2 missing points stays.)
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are there even folios for points stays with no incidentals? I don't recall ever seeing one.

So I couldn't use the Missing Points form, because it doesn't have a selection for "no folio, this was a points stay. So I had to use the Request Folio form, and then explain in the comments that I don't the folio myself, but I can't file a Missing Points form without it, and they can either get me the folios or just make the 2 missing stays post (Plat welcome points plus night credit).

Btw, i had half a dozen or more points stays since Aug 18, and most have posted, but two in the second half of October didn't. These were all stays booked (before Aug 18) on the SPG site. (And I haven't combined accounts yet, so they're still on the SPG version of the Marriott site except for the 2 missing points stays.)
How about printing a page with the property/stay information and a statement that it was a zero dollar folio? At least you would attach that and they would have something to read and maybe understand the standard process does not apply. I always thought people were hired to assess the situation and take appropriate action. This "check the box" approach does get irritating. I know the simple stuff, but knowing how customers can get, I guess it's important they don't skip a step.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:36 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by sdsearch

I was able to get one emailed to me from the hotel front desk manager no problem (ex Starwood Property, New York) 2 weeks after the stay when I realized I couldn’t submit a missing stay without a folio. Its identical to a regaular folio except is shows total $0 Balance $0 at the bottom.

If you find my post above in this thread somewhere, you can see what happened though, I attached the folio to the missing stay request then received a response from Marriott a few weeks later saying stays with zero $ do not earn stay/night Credit (even though it was a 3 night award stay) quoting me the rules of the program.

Morons at Marriott customer service which I blame entirely on Marriott Management.

I truly hate Marriott and how they’ve handled this merger and the fact that after this many months they still can’t even post a stay properly and timely. I will continue to avoid staying with them except where conveinient to use up my points and then will always try to stay at a legacy SPG property where customer service still exists.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:16 am

None of my Mega Bonus points have posted. I have done the two night promotion for 2,000 points and stay at a differend brand for 1,000 and none of those are posting.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by milesrus
None of my Mega Bonus points have posted. I have done the two night promotion for 2,000 points and stay at a differend brand for 1,000 and none of those are posting.
You should be getting the 2000 points for 2 nights immediately. The brand bonus won't post until after the promo is over. No one has received those points yet.

I've been getting my 2000 points, but Marriott is forgetting the welcome amenity on just about every stay.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:50 pm

I really can't take this program anymore. I've been battling with Marriott's TERRIBLE customer service for weeks to get points from a stay at a W. I've called, I've spoken with people via email and via FB messenger and I keep getting canned, unhelpful responses that go nowhere. Has anyone found an effective way to communicate with an intelligent person at this company who can resolve issues?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I am going on close to 2 weeks without being able to see my account. I have never in my life seen such incompetence.
D582 and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I ended a stay 16 days ago with no folio emailed and no points posted. I found an old email chain with the hotel and eventually got the folio and now today the points and days seem to have posted correctly (more or less). Hurray!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by estedman
I am going on close to 2 weeks without being able to see my account. I have never in my life seen such incompetence.
Try 2 months and counting!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.