Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:51 pm
  #1036  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 757
Bets on when my Aug 26-28 stay will come through? Since then, 5 stays across 2 other continents have posted without issue, but this one seems to be a black hole. Charge on CC is correct, was booked via Bonvoy app, and received benefits, so clearly Bonvoy # was properly attached. Reached out to property's reception email two weeks ago but was ghosted (same email we communicated through before). Submitted folio request to start the missing stay request on Sept. 7 (used app check-out, as was promoted in pre-arrival email, but didn't get an e-folio from it).

How long does it take someone at a JW to respond to corporate with a folio... Better question: why is Marriott's IT so bad?
Nazdoom is offline  
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:03 am
  #1037  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: IAD
Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Posts: 480
Took two attempts on Marriott app to get a missing stay credited. First submission was the first day the system would take the request (as it makes you wait 10 days after check out), prompting an email from Customer Care saying that the stay should post "automatically" and if it does not post within the next 10 days, I should write them back. I wrote back immediately explaining 10 days had already elapsed and I would like them to post the stay now, not in another 10 days! Received no response, so waited a few days and resubmitted via the app and it got posted within a few hours. Very frustrating that Customer Care failed to post it the first time.
SPN Lifer likes this.
lotemblizej is online now  
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:42 am
  #1038  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 707
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Bets on when my Aug 26-28 stay will come through? Since then, 5 stays across 2 other continents have posted without issue, but this one seems to be a black hole. Charge on CC is correct, was booked via Bonvoy app, and received benefits, so clearly Bonvoy # was properly attached. Reached out to property's reception email two weeks ago but was ghosted (same email we communicated through before). Submitted folio request to start the missing stay request on Sept. 7 (used app check-out, as was promoted in pre-arrival email, but didn't get an e-folio from it).

How long does it take someone at a JW to respond to corporate with a folio... Better question: why is Marriott's IT so bad?
Hi Nazdoom,

If you still need help with this, please feel free to send a Private Message with your full name, reservation confirmation number, and email address.

Thank you,

Robert V.
Social Media Specialist
1flyer1 likes this.
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker is offline  
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:16 pm
  #1039  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi Nazdoom,

If you still need help with this, please feel free to send a Private Message with your full name, reservation confirmation number, and email address.

Thank you,

Robert V.
Social Media Specialist
For those keeping score, I am indeed still waiting, although the more impressive Bonvoy feat, thanks to the amazing IT, is that I'm also still waiting for my SNAs to deposit in my account from last year's annual choice benefit. This was a glitch seemungly related to another stay not posting in time that required corporate to manually audit my account to see I exceeded the threshold and should be entitled to it. Although to be fair, given how many FNA certificates (I think 4??) and SNAs I let expire last year since they're so hard to use, I'm obviously not overly fussed.

I appreciate the lurkers reaching out. The last emails from corporate indicated both matters would get resolved by now, but I'll give those teams a few extra days before trying to escalate through the lurkers.
Nazdoom is offline  
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:53 pm
  #1040  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 339
How are points earned tallied on a rate that includes a nightly credit? Should points be earned on the total spend or the spend minus the credit?

In my situation I had a $100 nightly credit on a 5nt stay. The hotel told me up front I could use it at any time and was not restricted to $100/night which was great!. I spent a little over $500 but most of it on the final morning and the credit had to be manually adjusted.

Based on the points they gave me the only way the math adds up (subtracting taxes, fees, resort fees) is if I earned points on the pre-credit spend but minus any spend on the final night of the stay.
​​​​​​
I wouldn't have expected pts on the pre-credit spend but it amounts to nearly 6500pts so if I am due the points I'd put in a case.

Thanks!
​​​

Last edited by applesauce; Sep 30, 2023 at 1:10 pm
applesauce is offline  
Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:02 pm
  #1041  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 1,799
You earn points based on what you spent, so presumably the total amount you paid at checkout, which Iím assuming is the balance after the credit was subtracted.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:27 am
  #1042  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts: 15,574
It makes sense to always request a paper copy of one's folio at checkout, even for Free Night Award (FNA) stays, if the Elite Night Credit (ENC) is important to you.

Even as a lifetime Marriott BONVįYô Platinum Elite guest, I still prefer my lifetime total to be accurate.
SPN Lifer is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2023, 9:46 am
  #1043  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 339
Yes, I have my folio. That's how I know the points they gave me only make sense if they gave me points for credited spend on the first four nights but not the fifth. Basically I got more points than I expected and the difference equals the comped spend across the first four nights but not the fifth. That kind of lines up with them having to manually comp the fifth night as they said their audit runs at 9am and any charges after that have to be manually adjusted.

That said, even though I wasn't expecting points on the spend covered by a credit, if I am due the points I want them.

Also, the app seems to do a much better job on itemized folios as of late. This was at a domestic corporate property.
​​​
applesauce is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2023, 10:16 am
  #1044  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 1,799
Originally Posted by applesauce
Yes, I have my folio. That's how I know the points they gave me only make sense if they gave me points for credited spend on the first four nights but not the fifth. Basically I got more points than I expected and the difference equals the comped spend across the first four nights but not the fifth. That kind of lines up with them having to manually comp the fifth night as they said their audit runs at 9am and any charges after that have to be manually adjusted.

That said, even though I wasn't expecting points on the spend covered by a credit, if I am due the points I want them.

Also, the app seems to do a much better job on itemized folios as of late. This was at a domestic corporate property.
​​​
If you got more points than you expected, I would just take the gift and move on. You should only receive points on eligible expenditure - itís not complicated. If you received a credit, then you didnít spend the money that credit is worthÖ
SPN Lifer likes this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2023, 5:42 pm
  #1045  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,585
Has Marriott changed the missing points policy or is Shubhankar making stuff up?

We appreciate your loyalty to our Marriott Bonvoyģ program. Thank you for sending us a copy of your hotel receipt. We hope you enjoyed your stay at our hotel (in Europe).

When our hotel has your account number on file, generally the stay will post to the membership account within ten business days after check-out. For those stays that are located outside the United States please allow up to four weeks for properties to post your stays, which is our policy. We ask our member's patience in waiting until after this time to submit a missing stay request.

Last edited by margarita girl; Oct 13, 2023 at 7:49 pm
margarita girl is online now  
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:38 pm
  #1046  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: UA MM
Posts: 1,582
Last summer and this summer I stayed at a RI in Bozeman, MT, for 19 nights each time. My account info shows "4351 base points + 0 elite + 250 Extra" for each stay. The 4351 is within a few hundred dollars of what I paid. I'm gold, so don't understand the 0, or the 250 "extra". In any case, both stays posted the 250 points to my account balance, no more. I think they should have posted my spend (maybe minus taxes or something) times 5 (I think 5x is the RI rate?) I report the "missing stay" and am told the stay has already been credited. I was not able to get the actual points from last stay or this stay - pointing out that my account balance did not reflect the points from those long stays. So by my reckoning I'm out on the order of 40K points.

Am I missing something, before I try to escalate?
MojaveFlyer is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:19 pm
  #1047  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 498
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Last summer and this summer I stayed at a RI in Bozeman, MT, for 19 nights each time. My account info shows "4351 base points + 0 elite + 250 Extra" for each stay. The 4351 is within a few hundred dollars of what I paid. I'm gold, so don't understand the 0, or the 250 "extra". In any case, both stays posted the 250 points to my account balance, no more. I think they should have posted my spend (maybe minus taxes or something) times 5 (I think 5x is the RI rate?) I report the "missing stay" and am told the stay has already been credited. I was not able to get the actual points from last stay or this stay - pointing out that my account balance did not reflect the points from those long stays. So by my reckoning I'm out on the order of 40K points.

Am I missing something, before I try to escalate?
You have your earnings set to miles instead of points.
iknowthings is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:24 pm
  #1048  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: UA MM
Posts: 1,582
Originally Posted by iknowthings
You have your earnings set to miles instead of points.
Doh! You are right. I am stupid. Thank you for saving me from additional stupidity when calling customer service!
SPN Lifer and iknowthings like this.
MojaveFlyer is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:52 am
  #1049  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Posts: 64
:(

7 stays this month.. 5 havenít posted. Itís been over 10 days so I filled out the form.. no response still (itís been 5 days.)
Not impressed.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
razorblade705 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2023, 2:28 pm
  #1050  
formerly wunderpit
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ONT-SNA-LAX
Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Posts: 1,350
Originally Posted by razorblade705
7 stays this month.. 5 havenít posted. Itís been over 10 days so I filled out the form.. no response still (itís been 5 days.)
Not impressed.
I have multiple Courtyard stays that are going beyond the 10 days with no credit/points. This is a first for me. Maximum delay is usually 1 week. Anyone else?
Weyland Yutani Corp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.