Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:21 am
Suspended

Tried the link and was able to go through the process. Except the final step failed, "Unable to merge accounts at this time."

Marriott is utterly worthless so far, I must say.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Tried the link and was able to go through the process. Except the final step failed, "Unable to merge accounts at this time."

Marriott is utterly worthless so far, I must say.
I received that error when I tried yesterday.
I read that they were clearing account mergers in batches.
Give it a day, and then try again. That worked for me.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Combined my accounts and all looks ok. How do I look for my suite night bonus? I hit 116 nights with combined accounts?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Only issue I'm seeing is that the marriott.com site says my points will expire in 2 years. I'm assuming it's a glitch?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:41 am
Suspended

I was a platinum before the merge (via Platinum challenge). Shouldn't I now be Platinum Premier?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jubbing
OP never once said he had 15,805 with SPG - where are you pulling those numbers from?
Because the OP was quoting what was showing in the SPG account NOW which was already tripled when the new account was created. If the op looked at their old SPG account they would have seen the 15,805 number.
beltway and fredc84 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Just merged with no problems.
osotoc likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:26 am

I'm still unable to merge accounts. I'm dumb for not moving all my points to single account before the merge and now I want to make a booking that would require points from both accounts. Is there anyway to book without merging?

Last edited by longtimereader firstimeposter; Aug 21, 2018 at 7:27 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Any reason, beyond nostalgic/emotional ones, to keep one legacy account vs the other?

Most of my lifetime nights/points were earned in SPG, while my current year 'naturally bestowed' status is with MR (via UA status). My initial thought would be to keep my SPG account, but now that it's a new number anyway, doesn't really feel like I'm even keeping the same account.

Any thoughts for a question that I'm guessing doesn't matter?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I'm still unable to merge accounts. I'm dumb for not moving all my points to single account before the merge and now I want to make a booking that would require points from both accounts. Is there anyway to book without merging?
You don't have to have the points actively in your account at the time of booking with Marriot. So as long as it's a future date, you'll be good.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Marriott has been pretty good about letting you book an award stay before you have the points, as long as there is some time before the stay. I recall reading about some hiccups, but I believe those were corner cases. It's worth a try. Combining accounts are being rolled out, they will catch up soon.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Markie
Mine worked on second attempt and app is showing Lifetime Platinum - 614 nights and 15 years! Better than I had hoped. 34 to Platinum Premier.
How do you only need 34 if it takes 750 for LTPP? (Unless you are just talking about PP for one year...)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Any reason, beyond nostalgic/emotional ones, to keep one legacy account vs the other?

Most of my lifetime nights/points were earned in SPG, while my current year 'naturally bestowed' status is with MR (via UA status). My initial thought would be to keep my SPG account, but now that it's a new number anyway, doesn't really feel like I'm even keeping the same account.

Any thoughts for a question that I'm guessing doesn't matter?
Likely doesn't matter - even though I've had my legacy MR number for a decade, I never liked it and I DO like my new faux-SPG number, so faux-SPG it is
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
Still Unable to Combine my Accounts

Thank you for all the tips previously posted. I have tried using the direct link; incognito mode; dumping cache; and logging on from a PC, iPad and mobile device. I can only get to the second step (logging into my spg account) before I get an error ("Unable to Sign In. This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.").

My challenge is I can no longer access my SPG reservations. When I go to SPG.com, it automatically redirects me to marriott.com where my only my Marriott reservations show up. I am travelling tomorrow and I cannot see the reservation although I verified manually with the hotel. I am also trying to book a stay for next week and use a SNA but I cant do that from marriott.com

Does anyone have any other ideas? I have opened a support case with Marriott but who knows when I will hear back.

I am wondering if it doesn't work for me because I was lifetime Platinum with both programs pre-merger (Marriott with 1,231 nights and Starwood with 568 nights).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frequentjohn
Thank you for all the tips previously posted. I have tried using the direct link; incognito mode; dumping cache; and logging on from a PC, iPad and mobile device. I can only get to the second step (logging into my spg account) before I get an error ("Unable to Sign In. This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.").

My challenge is I can no longer access my SPG reservations. When I go to SPG.com, it automatically redirects me to marriott.com where my only my Marriott reservations show up. I am travelling tomorrow and I cannot see the reservation although I verified manually with the hotel. I am also trying to book a stay for next week and use a SNA but I cant do that from marriott.com

Does anyone have any other ideas? I have opened a support case with Marriott but who knows when I will hear back.

I am wondering if it doesn't work for me because I was lifetime Platinum with both programs pre-merger (Marriott with 1,231 nights and Starwood with 568 nights).
Personally, with all the issues happening, I wouldn't rush into combining the accounts. I find the mobile app to be much more friendly getting to my two accounts, the website I have to remember to click on Clear Remembered User to be presented with a user name request. Fortunately I use different emails for each account and it's simple from there, although your new SPG number should work. BTW, all activity will be on marriott.com for both accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.