Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER

Yes that’s an unfortunate attitude From CS. Also that should be an easy fix. When did the new “Customer Service” start? 2016 maybe or did it begin before the acquisition of Starwood?
there once was a time when Marriott's customer service was the best in the industry. I had explained to the person (s) that it was just something I wanted to have done after all since 1985 and all those room nights one would think that a few strokes of the key board and its all done, NOPE.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know I've been really late on combining my accounts, but I just wanted to report I recently requested to combine.
Submitted the completed combine form, within 3 business days, I received an email from a rep congratulating me that my account has been combined successfully.
- Logged in, all my points balance are correct after combining.
- Elite and LT nights are correct.
- Elite and LT nights do not double dip for the 15 CC nights. As I have AMEX and Chase CC, so meaning I didn't get 15 nights from legacy SPG, only 15 nights from Marriott CC. I guess in hindsight if I combined them next year, the 15 nights would have folded into LT nights, and I would have gained 15 LT nights in my counter.
- Anyway, everything went really smoothly, my plan is to combine all my points, redeem all my Points Advance stay, finish up my points balance and move on..
- There were some tangible benefit for not combining my accounts; I managed to double dip welcome points for 2 1 nights stay at multiple properties. Those 2k points do add up when you stay with the small promos points. The only hassle was the IT system automatically combines both reservations into 1 account, despite both nights being booked as separate member numbers. Some properties had experienced front desk that understood how to separate the points crediting, most just appeared confused and require their manager to manually credit me my points. The other benefit is also when you book 2 rooms, both accounts can double dip and earn elite nights and points, stacking with promo.
It's been a good run, looking forward to our upcoming stays in the StR Maldives and Al Mahar
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Plat
I attempted to merge my accounts a couple of weeks ago and yesterday received the email below referring to "duplicate" accounts in which the names do not match, and asking me to send a copy of drivers' license or passport. I'm a bit skeptical of having to send ID.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking I'll call customer service to make sure it's legit...

Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy™ regarding duplicate account.
I would like to inform you that the complete names on the accounts do not match. When the names on accounts do not match, legal documentation is required to modify the names and merge the accounts.
If you will please send a copy of your driver license, passport, or some other legal document, I will promptly change the names and merge the accounts together or let you know if additional documentation is required. You may send it by return e-mail as an attachment using a .pdf or .jpg format.
Ms. xxx, I look forward to receiving your documentation.

Safe Travels,
Marriott Bonvoy™ Customer Care

Update: Just received an email that accounts are merged. I never sent anything or called. Oh well!

Last edited by ordaxa; Nov 21, 2019 at 4:50 pm Reason: updating
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:35 am

Hi,

I combined 2 accounts last week (late to the party).

I had 1 booking on one account, and 2 bookings on the other one.

The 2 bookings are still showing on the old now defunct bonvoy number.

Is this normal please and will the points still appear in my "main" number once I have stayed?

Cheers,
Karen
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:32 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by lawrenson
Hi,

I combined 2 accounts last week (late to the party).

I had 1 booking on one account, and 2 bookings on the other one.

The 2 bookings are still showing on the old now defunct bonvoy number.

Is this normal please and will the points still appear in my "main" number once I have stayed?

Cheers,
Karen
Hello Karen,

We'd like to confirm that you should receive all the eligible nights and/or points from your upcoming stays with 10 business days after your check-out. In case this period has passed and the account still not updated, please send your final invoice to [email protected] so we can look into this for you. In addition, please confirm upon your check-in with the front desk the primary Bonvoy account number you've chosen. So they could follow-up accordinly.

Best Regards,

Social Media Team
Marriott International

[email protected]

This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
lawrenson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.