FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:19 am
exploreaswego

I know I've been really late on combining my accounts, but I just wanted to report I recently requested to combine.
Submitted the completed combine form, within 3 business days, I received an email from a rep congratulating me that my account has been combined successfully.
- Logged in, all my points balance are correct after combining.
- Elite and LT nights are correct.
- Elite and LT nights do not double dip for the 15 CC nights. As I have AMEX and Chase CC, so meaning I didn't get 15 nights from legacy SPG, only 15 nights from Marriott CC. I guess in hindsight if I combined them next year, the 15 nights would have folded into LT nights, and I would have gained 15 LT nights in my counter.
- Anyway, everything went really smoothly, my plan is to combine all my points, redeem all my Points Advance stay, finish up my points balance and move on..
- There were some tangible benefit for not combining my accounts; I managed to double dip welcome points for 2 1 nights stay at multiple properties. Those 2k points do add up when you stay with the small promos points. The only hassle was the IT system automatically combines both reservations into 1 account, despite both nights being booked as separate member numbers. Some properties had experienced front desk that understood how to separate the points crediting, most just appeared confused and require their manager to manually credit me my points. The other benefit is also when you book 2 rooms, both accounts can double dip and earn elite nights and points, stacking with promo.
It's been a good run, looking forward to our upcoming stays in the StR Maldives and Al Mahar