Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
Originally Posted by frequentjohn
Thank you for all the tips previously posted. I have tried using the direct link; incognito mode; dumping cache; and logging on from a PC, iPad and mobile device. I can only get to the second step (logging into my spg account) before I get an error ("Unable to Sign In. This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.").

My challenge is I can no longer access my SPG reservations. When I go to SPG.com, it automatically redirects me to marriott.com where my only my Marriott reservations show up. I am travelling tomorrow and I cannot see the reservation although I verified manually with the hotel. I am also trying to book a stay for next week and use a SNA but I cant do that from marriott.com

Does anyone have any other ideas? I have opened a support case with Marriott but who knows when I will hear back.

I am wondering if it doesn't work for me because I was lifetime Platinum with both programs pre-merger (Marriott with 1,231 nights and Starwood with 568 nights).
Thank you for the additional suggestions. Signing in with my Starwood number did not work either. I received the below response from Marriott in less than 4-hours. They also took the time to manually confirm my stay starting tomorrow and one starting Sunday.
I am truly apologetic for the difficulties and inconveniences that are occurring while accessing Marriott.com. Our Development Team is aware of a few users who are experiencing these problems.

We are diligently working to resolve all of the issues while attempting to access and/or use Marriott.com and our App. I want you to know that your continued loyalty to Marriott is greatly appreciated. Your understanding and patience is greatly valued during our recent changes.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just don't understand... why would you all attempt to combine your accounts so soon after the supposed IT merger? There are still so many bugs - what's the gain here? Unless the merger gets you to a new status level for this year, I just don't understand why you're all in such a rush to merge. Look at all the errors and bugs people are reporting. Perhaps consider waiting awhile until their IT dept fixes them?
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I just don't understand... why would you all attempt to combine your accounts so soon after the supposed IT merger? There are still so many bugs - what's the gain here? Unless the merger gets you to a new status level for this year, I just don't understand why you're all in such a rush to merge. Look at all the errors and bugs people are reporting. Perhaps consider waiting awhile until their IT dept fixes them?
Agreed, although I took it a bit further and stopped using my SPG Amex and have not used Marriott properties since mid July, in anticipation of trouble. I am fortunate to have this flexibility as a LTP, so I do not need to additional nights to build additional status right now.

I did merge my spouse's accounts as a test, as they were simple and had few points remaining after transferring to mine last month. The merge appears to be correct.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Eh ... did it from an incognito browser page, merged my SPG into my MR account (I'm LTP(P) on MR, so the SPG #s are just gravy at this point) and all went well. I think people are forgetting the incognito browser part; what appears to be tripping people up are cookies that are bringing in cross-logins between the two sites.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Merged my accounts with no issue using an incognito chrome window. The new combined point total is not yet showing up in the normal desktop web browser logon but does show on the mobile app. Will give it some time to catch up on desktop.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I finally got mine to work. It now notes me a a Plat Premier with Ambassador. I don't know if it somehow added last year's totals (2017) as I was not qualified for Ambassador for this year. Since I am from the SPG side, it only notes me as LT Plat, but it does indicate enough nights for LTPP at the end of the year.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:40 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
There are a lot of problems with the merger, as with any merger this size, I can't imagine getting a new number is the straw that broke the camel's back. What difference does this make? Did you have your old number tattooed on your arm?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I see no drama...my Ritz, Marriott, and SPG accounts all want, and accept, my old Marriott login details. Seems pretty seamless to me so far.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Combined accounts with no issues, now home screen still says to combine accounts. Shouldn't that go away?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Combined accounts with no issues, now home screen still says to combine accounts. Shouldn't that go away?
Just ignore it.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Just ignore it.

I'm ignoring a lot right now!!!
cruisr and Michilander like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I'm ignoring a lot right now!!!
lol same here. I could see some visual bugs, windows still there, but give it some time for them to de-bug. I still can't use my SNA even though the balance is correct.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Two valid reasons:
- Status bump from merging, and you have a stay very soon.
- You left points split across both accounts, and you need them combined to a single total to book a new reservation.

Otherwise, yeah. Me, I'm waiting.
ijgordon and RogerD408 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by swag
Two valid reasons:
- Status bump from merging, and you have a stay very soon.
- You left points split across both accounts, and you need them combined to a single total to book a new reservation.

Otherwise, yeah. Me, I'm waiting.
Agreed. But I can't imagine all those who are attempting to merge and running into issues in this thread are in those two groups. My guess is they just want to merge so everything is "one" but really have no need to do so and are causing themselves undue stress.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:18 pm

So tried to merge my Marriott account with SPG using incognito mode and I got this error:

"Please correct the following and try again.
We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later."

Anybody have a solution for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.