Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tattikat2
I thought platinums got breakfast?
Yes. Daily breakfast for member + 1 at participating brands begins at the Platinum Elite level, either as a welcome gift option (SPG model) or through the breakfast/lounge benefit (Rewards model).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by tattikat2
I thought platinums got breakfast?
They do get it.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I was able to combine both accounts seamlessly with nights, points, and SNAs however it decided to de-capitalize my last name so I'm going to have to reach out to their membership support to fix that as it's a bit annoying to see that.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:11 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I combined accounts a bit ago on my iPad, though my SPG bookings did not yet appear in my web browser account even as all bookings appear in the SPG and Marriott apps.

Now I am on my laptop browser and it doesn't even realize I've already merged. Oops. Glitch city LOL.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
account merging went well Seeing all reservations already in the app, not yet in the desktop version. All points and LT nights merged over.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Merge went smooth, but causes me some pain seeing 149 nights + $23k spent already this year. Too much time on the road.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkHandle
My lifetime status is not displaying correctly either. I should have taken screeshots!!!! Called to get my SPG spreadsheet emailed and was told that they can't access my account "today."
In a way, Marriott has failed miserably in this IT merge process. To Marriott, their top priority is to ensure that their reservation system is intact - this is obviously important to some customers as well. But the merging of loyalty points and especially the new status after combining the nights and years from MR and SPG are very important to their most loyal customers. Marriott apparently considers the latter a low, low priority. Of course, one might ask - why is so important to get your new (higher) status right away? All I can tell you from my personal experience is that it is very important. I have PP status through 2/2019 and at least P through 2/2020. Why do I care about getting LT Gold? But I do care. LT Gold is what I have been hoping to see after 8/18. But no, updating LT status is not important to Marriott. They also screwed up the nights. Some people lost their AMEX SPG nights. In my case, I just realized that I lost one night in SPG but two of my LT years are double counted. So now I have decided not to merge my accounts because I fear they will further screw up.

Years ago, right after the IT system merged between UA and Continental, it took 4 days for miles to post. Loyal customers complained. Smisek could not fathom. I remember he asked why people needed to see their miles post right away - but It mattered to their loyal customers. Similarly, Marriott should have upped the priority of getting the merged status right faster. They failed.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
A year from now, a guest who show up at a hotel next couple of weeks only to find their previous confirmed reservation is nowhere to be found.will remember the negative experience more vividlythan a Gold member who didn't get elevated to Platinum due to combining account not accurate until two weeks after AUG 18.
wsommerv and kennycrudup like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:04 pm

Merged the accounts through a mobile browser since the combine page still showed "coming soon" on the desktop.
Looks like my numbers carried over flawlessly - kept the Marriott account since that had a longer age, a trip, and an unattached TP cert; all SPG points ported over and the lifetime numbers are as expected.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by naumank
In a way, Marriott has failed miserably in this IT merge process. To Marriott, their top priority is to ensure that their reservation system is intact - this is obviously important to some customers as well. But the merging of loyalty points and especially the new status after combining the nights and years from MR and SPG are very important to their most loyal customers. Marriott apparently considers the latter a low, low priority. Of course, one might ask - why is so important to get your new (higher) status right away? All I can tell you from my personal experience is that it is very important. I have PP status through 2/2019 and at least P through 2/2020. Why do I care about getting LT Gold? But I do care. LT Gold is what I have been hoping to see after 8/18. But no, updating LT status is not important to Marriott. They also screwed up the nights. Some people lost their AMEX SPG nights. In my case, I just realized that I lost one night in SPG but two of my LT years are double counted. So now I have decided not to merge my accounts because I fear they will further screw up.

Years ago, right after the IT system merged between UA and Continental, it took 4 days for miles to post. Loyal customers complained. Smisek could not fathom. I remember he asked why people needed to see their miles post right away - but It mattered to their loyal customers. Similarly, Marriott should have upped the priority of getting the merged status right faster. They failed.
I think any merger of this size and complexity is inevitably going to have problems and glitches. That doesn’t mean the merger isn’t worth it.

I actually think Marriott has done pretty well in this merger process. I think you’re entitled to your dismay, but I think it’s unrealistic. It’s not been even 72 hours since the loyalty programs and reservations systems were merged, and yet everything is largely up and running...and the world still is tilted on its axis.

In case you hadn’t noticed or had forgotten, United did much more poorly...and still is doing just fine now.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Merger went smoothly. One thing I noticed is it seemed to force a refresh of lifetime status (in my case using the new rules). About 5 minutes after merging my lifetime count went to where it should be and it showed Lifetime Platinum (under the 600 nights + 10 Years), a change from the Lifetime Silver (which should have been lifetime gold) before I merged.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Combine went fine for Mr. Fink’s accounts. Mine, not so much. It verifies my Marriott account but it won’t sign me in to my SPG account. It says my info is incorrect. Nor will it allow me to reset my password, again saying my info (name, country, zip code) is also incorrect. And now I am locked out. This is a PITA.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ajwright
Merger went smoothly. One thing I noticed is it seemed to force a refresh of lifetime status (in my case using the new rules). About 5 minutes after merging my lifetime count went to where it should be and it showed Lifetime Platinum (under the 600 nights + 10 Years), a change from the Lifetime Silver (which should have been lifetime gold) before I merged.
Sorry about my earlier venting but I decided to give the account merge a try after several success reports on FT. It looks that the LT status requires a refresh and it did so with the account merge. I am still missing one SPG night from a week ago (it was there before 8/18) but everything else appears correct.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:46 pm

When I logged in yesterday, it said: "Platinum Elite". Today, it says "Gold Elite". More people got downgraded overnight?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:46 pm

Is there a link if you want to you combine from SPG site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.