Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
mine merged successfully and was showing all upcoming reservations under the marriott account on the APP, but not online.

I just checked recently and now the APP isn't working, and also online its still not showing the upcoming reservations.

The nights and points did transfer successfully though!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
What exactly do you see on your account—and where—indicating that you can merge your accounts?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vandalby
Also made it to the last step (moving from Summary > Done) and got this beauty:

Merge Failed

We are unable to merge your accounts at this time. Please try again later.
I got this as well trying to keep new SPG#.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
My experience:

Merged from Marriott account. Was unable to do so from SPG account for some reason. Because of this, it now shows me as only having been a member since 2011 instead of when I joined SPG a decade earlier.

The good:
- Point totals are correct, up through all stays made through early August. (My SPG stay the night of 16 August has not yet posted anywhere, perhaps unsurprisingly.)
- My SPG Lifetime Gold status - which earlier disappeared - has now reappeared on the combined account.
- The combined nights boosted me up to Platinum Premier Elite status, as expected.

The not-so-good:
- 5 elite nights from SPG disappeared from this year's totals - these appear to be the SPG Amex nights. Hopefully these will be returned?
- All existing Marriott reservations appear, but my one existing SPG reservation has not yet been merged in.
- Trying to click on the 50 night benefit brings up a pop-up for username/password that does not work with the Marriott credentials.
- Did not receive a 75 night benefit despite crossing that when merging the two accounts together. Seems like people who cross the 75 night threshold should still get a second choice benefit...

The ???:
- Still not sure how my lifetime SPG night total went up....but it remained that way post-account merger.
- The little dial showing progress towards ambassador status shows the dollar figure (I haven't tried to calculate if it is correct or not) and a number of nights, which is quite a bit fewer than the number of nights stayed this year. Perhaps it only reflects paid nights? Does ambassador status require 100 paid nights? Or perhaps this is one figure which still has not fully updated. Unclear.

It will be interesting to see what other change/fixes emerge over the next 72 hours, as promised.

Last edited by LostInTranslation; Aug 20, 2018 at 6:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:40 pm

Just merged my accounts, SPG (550 nights) into the Marriott (350 nights) with 10+ Years SPG plat.

My Marriott account was pending lifetime silver yesterday and now is Lifetime Plat with Plat premier for the 2019 status.

All I have to wait for the the upgrade to Lifetime PP, guess that happeds in January??

Also, I don’t see suite nights in the marriot app.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
My experience:

Merged from Marriott account. Was unable to do so from SPG account for some reason. Because of this, it now shows me as only having been a member since 2011 instead of when I joined SPG a decade earlier.

The good:
- Point totals are correct, up through all stays made through early August. (My SPG stay the night of 16 August has not yet posted anywhere, perhaps unsurprisingly.)
- My SPG Lifetime Gold status - which earlier disappeared - has now reappeared on the combined account.
- The combined nights boosted me up to Platinum Premier Elite status, as expected.

The not-so-good:
- 5 elite nights from SPG disappeared from this year's totals - these appear to be the SPG Amex nights. Hopefully these will be returned?
- All existing Marriott reservations appear, but my one existing SPG reservation has not yet been merged in.
- Trying to click on the 50 night benefit brings up a pop-up for username/password that does not work with the Marriott credentials.
- Did not receive a 75 night benefit despite crossing that when merging the two accounts together. Seems like people who cross the 75 night threshold should still get a second choice benefit...

The ???:
- Still not sure how my lifetime SPG night total went up....but it remained that way post-account merger.
- The little dial showing progress towards ambassador status shows the dollar figure (I haven't tried to calculate if it is correct or not) and a number of nights, which is quite a bit fewer than the number of nights stayed this year. Perhaps it only reflects paid nights? Does ambassador status require 100 paid nights? Or perhaps this is one figure which still has not fully updated. Unclear.

It will be interesting to see what other change/fixes emerge over the next 72 hours, as promised.
Where do i go to select the choice benefit?
I surpassed 50 nights with the merger...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
I had SPG Gold from spend on the SPG credit card; my understanding is this was supposed to transfer to Marriott Gold in the new program which meant losing breakfast and lounge access. But after the cutover Marriott is showing me as Platinum. Any other datapoints? Glitch?
Same for both my husband and I who have SPG gold from Amex platinum cards. Was expecting gold status but got platinum. Someone will likely figure it out at some point and demote us, but until then...woo hoo!

EDIT: Well, that didn't take long. We're both back down to gold this morning. Less than 12 hours.

Last edited by Low Roller; Aug 21, 2018 at 5:58 am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott-Titanium, Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Super helpful. Thanks, just went via this link and nights for 18 and lifetime mapped over. Points combined. Reservations are there except for one SPG stay next year, but it's searchable and will likely show up in the next 48 hours.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by ckendall
My accounts merged just fine but I was downgraded from SPG Lifetime Gold to Marriott Lifetime Silver...
My lifetime status is not displaying correctly either. I should have taken screeshots!!!! Called to get my SPG spreadsheet emailed and was told that they can't access my account "today."
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members,

This weekend, we began the process of updating our systems to launch our new loyalty program.

At this time, we are excited to share that we have brought together all of our channels and members can now book all 6,700 hotels on Marriott.com, SPG.com and corresponding apps.

Later today, we are planning to rollout Combine Accounts functionality in batches to members to ensure site stability and a seamless user experience. When you log in to your account and see the prompt, you can then manually combine your accounts to view joint activity and one point balance. Accounts can only be combined by you, the member. Even if you linked your Rewards and SPG accounts prior to this change, you still need to take the action to combine your accounts once it is available to you.

To combine your accounts, all you need is your login info for both accounts. Combine and keep your Rewards number here. Prefer to keep your new SPG number? Combine here.

We are also aware of and are currently working to solve a few known issues impacting some members, particularly issues around status not displaying correctly.

As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.

8/20 Update

We are excited to announce that Combine Accounts functionality is now rolling out in batches to members through tomorrow. As a result, when members log in and see the prompt, they will now have the opportunity to combine their accounts.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider
Hi! Any progress on this? I am a lifetime Platinum, but am not showing up as Platinum Premier yet. Still just Platinum, which in actuality is Gold. Any ETA for the revisions? Thanks for the updates! Very helpful during the transition!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Low Roller
Same for both my husband and I who have SPG gold from Amex platinum cards. Was expecting gold status but got platinum. Someone will likely figure it out at some point and demote us, but until then...woo hoo!
SPG Gold from cc = Marriott Platinum (no promotion, just a new name). No breakfast, etc. Marriott Gold Elite maps to Platinum Elite.

Ignore & sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 21, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I was able to merge successfully (new points total, current reservations, and lifetime nights appeared correctly at first in the browser after the merge, but now only SPG point, nights ytd show (current reservations are correct). In both iOS apps, nights totals, points, years of status, and current reservations are all correct. Was I wrong to assume that after the merge, my Lifetime Status would reflect the new level (15 years SPG Platinum and 867 nights) Platinum Premier Elite? It is still showing me as Platinum Elite without the "oak leaf clusters"? Previous to merge, I had 748 nights in SPG (with two pending from a stay ending 8/18), and 15 years platinum. I assume this will come out in the wash over the next few days?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by philemer
SPG Gold from cc = Marriott Platinum (no promotion). No breakfast, etc. Marriott Gold Elite maps to Platinum Elite.
I don't understand this comment. There is no difference between "Marriott Platinum" and "Platinum Elite."

The status levels of the new programs are:

Member — 0-9 nights/year
Silver Elite — 10-24 nights/year
Gold Elite — 25-49 nights/year
Platinum Elite — 50-74 nights/year
Platinum Premier Elite — 75-99 nights/year
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador Service (100 nights + $20K qualifying spend)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Every thing go smooth and correct for me, except waiting for 5 nights to be credited to my account 8 days ago !
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by philemer
SPG Gold from cc = Marriott Platinum (no promotion, just a new name). No breakfast, etc. Marriott Gold Elite maps to Platinum Elite.
I thought platinums got breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.