Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:06 am
kkl

Merged my accounts and cant see SPG reservations.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:26 am

Thinking about this more; if I want to achieve Platinum status via 25 stays using SPG properties as opposed to nights ...does it matter if I connect from the MR site or should I only connect via the link on the SPG site skin?
porkie likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Mine worked on second attempt and app is showing Lifetime Platinum - 614 nights and 15 years! Better than I had hoped. 34 to Platinum Premier.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: LH SEN; AF/KL G
Originally Posted by kkl
Merged my accounts and cant see SPG reservations.
Same here. Night and point show ok, but my trip starting on the 24th booked on SPG.com is not listed.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Gold
SPG and Marriott points not combining correctly

I just combined my SPG and Marriott accounts online. Had 47,415 SPG points and 18,516 Marriott Points.

Per the 1:3 SPG:Marriott conversion ratio, I should have gotten 3*(47,415) + 18,516 = 160,761 points.

However, my (combined) Marriott account only shows 65,931... How do I fix this?

I'm especially concerned since I wanted to book a redemption stay.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by CheVive
I just combined my SPG and Marriott accounts online. Had 47,415 SPG points and 18,516 Marriott Points.

Per the 1:3 SPG:Marriott conversion ratio, I should have gotten 3*(47,415) + 18,516 = 160,761 points.

However, my (combined) Marriott account only shows 65,931... How do I fix this?

I'm especially concerned since I wanted to book a redemption stay.
Your 47,415 is already tripled up from originally 15,805 SPG points. So 47,415 + 18,516 = 65,931 correct.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I merged my accounts and can't see my Marriott reservations on the app! I see them on the website (thankfully, because I had 8 of them.) I'm also seeing some quirky issues like lifetime nights being different between app and website (only off by 2), app showing years at Platinum as 10 and website not showing anything right now (although it did before.) Very odd discrepancies with the reservations issue being the most worrisome due to on-line check-in, chat, etc. not being available.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Just wanted to post success with combining accounts last night.

The link at the top of the wiki worked for me even thought the main merge page still said 'coming soon'. I was careful to make sure i was only logged into ONE account (Marriott) when i instantiated the link and it pulled that in and asked me to verify my SPG account to do the merge (using new account number, vs. email address, which was the same for both accounts).

The merging process perfectly added my nights, lifetime nights, lifetime years across both programs. I had 80+ nights this year, 10+ years and 750+ nights when i combined so it clicked me up from Platinum to Platinum Premier and clicked my Lifetime status to Lifetime Platinum. I expect it will click me to Lifetime Platinum Premier in January per the new T&C.

My SPG reservations did NOT port over immediately last night but they all appear as of this morning.

All said and done, I'd say it's been a pretty decent conversion process given the level of IT complexity.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
All of my SPG reservations appeared this morning. I had emailed MR right after I did the merge, and I had an email from them this morning saying it would take 48 hours. If it had taken that long, that would be fine, but why didn't they say that? It sounded like they were supposed to show up immediately, so of course that caused concern when they did not.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Your 47,415 is already tripled up from originally 15,805 SPG points. So 47,415 + 18,516 = 65,931 correct.
OP never once said he had 15,805 with SPG - where are you pulling those numbers from?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Just want add my experience. Combined my accounts on Sunday morning. All numbers match a couple of additional Plat years on the MR side that I wasn't fully aware of. Initially my spg reservations did not show but was migrated within 6h. For me it worked seemlessly.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:37 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

I combined this morning and the points, nights and SNA's came over. My summary page on the mobile app looks to be accurate, which means I should expect LTPP at beginning of 2019 since I met the minimum 750 night requirement!

Last edited by PHL; Aug 21, 2018 at 5:59 am Reason: Clarification of policy
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I've manged to merge - but the SPG reservations were not transferred.

Reservations showed up on the App last night and on the website this morning.

Still missing 375,000 points from cancelled SPG reservation that never posted back to the account - apparently it is a "known issue" and they working on it, although no real time estimation for a fix was given.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
When I logged in yesterday, it said: "Platinum Elite". Today, it says "Gold Elite". More people got downgraded overnight?
Yes. When I merged last night it showed platinum (although it should have been gold). It was corrected overnight and now shows gold which it should. But, I enjoyed my 5 minutes of platinum status! I guess I should have taken a screen shot to see if I could status match it with other programs...Oh well, too late now
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Just merged account with the anchor account being SPG.
All the points merged correctly, and it shows the correct number of remaining SNA.
My account is also displaying all my currently reservations with (where appropriate) SNA applied.
My one attached TP 7-day cert is still still attached to my reservation.
My two unattached TP 7-day certs and my one unattached credit card annual fee cert are still pending post-account merge.

So far so good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.