Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
If you log out and then log back in, I am finding the combine hasnt happened and it offers you the link to start again. However this just repeats the failure to combine. Best to wait I think.
Update:
Combine just worked for me.

Last edited by anyuser; Aug 22, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by anyuser
If you log out and then log back in, I am finding the combine hasnt happened and it offers you the link to start again. However this just repeats the failure to combine. Best to wait I think.
Update:
Combine just worked for me.
I candidly wonder, not having any inside knowledge of how the merging works, if the repeated failures being reported (followed by some of those failures leading to successes at apparently random times), is a systems capacity issue. In other words, if the final merge step has to be perfectly timed with system availability for API calls and the like. If not, it fails, because there's some kind of availability or capacity issue at this time.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, BonVoy Lifetime Titanium
Still cannot combine accounts

I start the merge from the link and no matter what I do, I cannot log into the 2nd account. It doesn't matter whether I choose to retain SPG# or Marriott#. My email and password are the same on both accounts (I know, bad password practice). Could this be causing the problem? I just keep getting the "Can't log in right now, try again later"
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by lrdahlberg
I had 10 nights in my SPG account when I combined the accounts. Now I don’t see any of them. Anybody else have the same problem? Any idea what to do about it?
I asked this question above and got no response.

I merged my accounts two days ago. After almost 48 hours the SNAs appeared in my Marriott account. There's now a red warning at the top of the activity page telling me that my SNAs and any free night certs are in the process of being transferred and to give it 72 hours.

My SNAs are there. However, one reservation technically has SNAs pending.

I noticed something was different as the Marriott mobile app showed all my reservations and it said that SNAs were not eligible on them. Of course they are but I imagine that the mobile app isn't fully supporting SNA upgrades just yet.

So give it time. Your SNAs will transfer in a day or so. They are not lost. And it appears we'll have the ability to add them to a reservation through the mobile app very soon as well.

-RM
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:31 pm

Unable to Sign In

This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.
Yay?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:38 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by royehill
I start the merge from the link and no matter what I do, I cannot log into the 2nd account. It doesn't matter whether I choose to retain SPG# or Marriott#. My email and password are the same on both accounts (I know, bad password practice). Could this be causing the problem? I just keep getting the "Can't log in right now, try again later"

Same here.

Worse yet, My SPG points were modified to exactly match my MR points, where I only held 761. I lost 15k or so SPG and now hold 761 MR and 761 SPG.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I candidly wonder, not having any inside knowledge of how the merging works, if the repeated failures being reported (followed by some of those failures leading to successes at apparently random times), is a systems capacity issue. In other words, if the final merge step has to be perfectly timed with system availability for API calls and the like. If not, it fails, because there's some kind of availability or capacity issue at this time.
Okay, I tried again at another random time on the Marriott Rewards website, got to the final merge step ... and was immediately taken back to the first screen where I started the merge process.

But when I started to go through the merge process again on the Marriott website, at one of the steps it showed all of my points and YTD nights had transferred to the Marriott Rewards account, and there was a zero balance in the SPG account.

So I successfully combined.

The Marriott app also shows the combination was successful and that I've gone from Lifetime Gold to Lifetime Platinum (with a total of 1161 nights and 20 years Platinum, across both programs). Guessing the Platinum Premier will appear in January when that sweep occurs, since I didn't have 750 nights in a single, uncombined program.

The Marriott app definitely seems to be more solid, and have more information, than the website.

One note: the Marriott Rewards website didn't immediately show my updated lifetime status to Platinum or my points to the combined total (as the app did). But that's likely a cookie issue for the website. I was able to see the updated status and points total on the Marriott website by opening a new incognito browser tab and logging in again.

I'm still missing several reservations on both the Marriott and Starwood sides (the same ones I was missing before) and which I trust will eventually show up again.

Last edited by Seattlenerd; Aug 22, 2018 at 2:57 pm Reason: Coooookie
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:44 pm

I grabbed screenshots of the independent status and progress pages on the SPG and Marriott android apps. I did this to be able to challenge the final outcome as I'm not very convinced they will get this right anythime soon. They seem to still show the correct independent information but the website is FUBAR
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by royehill
I grabbed screenshots of the independent status and progress pages on the SPG and Marriott android apps. I did this to be able to challenge the final outcome as I'm not very convinced they will get this right anythime soon. They seem to still show the correct independent information but the website is FUBAR
Agreed. I consider the apps (perhaps incorrectly) the source of truth, not the websites. At least the apps have more info and seem accurate.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread.

I have not yet merged my accounts.
My Marriott account seems to not consider the bonus nights (rollover from last year) as part of the achievement against Ambassador this year. Last year, I had more than 100 actual nights and more than 20 000 spend. The system appears to show the spend (under 20 000 dollars, though) for 2018 correctly. With the rollover nights missing, I am short of the 100 nights this year. Rollover nights display correctly on the account summary level, though.
My SPG account shows the night count for 2018 correctly. It also shows a zero spend for these nights, which is clearly incorrect.

A couple of days ago the system showed me being Platinum Premier with Ambassador. Today both accounts show me being just Platinum Premier (lifetime). Is anyone else experiencing similar behavior from the system, or should I raise a question with customer support?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:14 pm

Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I was getting the same error above for several days now, BUT

it would say error after the last step, accounts would show as pending, but then all of that would disappear. HOwever, just 15 minutes ago, I tried again, it went all the way through all the steps and is showing me Lifetime platinum elite and has all the points combined etc. As a side note, the thread about platinum for 800 dollars and no stays required was a godsend. Thanks again for all of you!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Given I am happy with my current status, I see no reason to combine accounts until the IT issues are sorted out. I see no upside unless you are being bumped into a higher tier, particularly as the "lifetime" nights only shows my YTD activity and not my actual lifetime balance.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:48 pm

OK, finally some semblance of success. I had to reset my Marriot password. My passwords for both programs were the same FYI
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
I get to the point that it is willing to do the merge, but is now claiming that my nights from this year are my "Lifetime Nights", so I stopped immediately. It's been doing this all day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.