Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:49 am

After several calls and emails I can still NOT log into my marriott.com account all week after changing my password 3 times!
I keep getting
Please correct the following and try again. We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.
My SPG App and Website are fine, NOT marriott web site and app
fed up...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Just want to say I had 0 issues - I combined my accounts and everything was accurate. My July SPG Amex points were still missing, but within 72 hours they were correctly posted, as well as my SPG stay history. Sorry other people seem to be having issues. Now I just have to wait to select my PP benefits.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Just for ..... and giggles, I clicked combine accounts. It asks me to log into my SPG account. A box pops up showing my information for SPG and MR and for LIFETIME nights it's showing my current year nights for both SPG and MR (my actual lifetime is around 1000 for MR and around 400 for SPG). CANCEL! CANCEL! CANCEL!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by osotoc
Just checked the SPG app (post-combined account of choice) and my AMEX SPG personal CC points posted.
They were adjusted for the 6x earning rate for this billing cycle. Math seems to be accurate going from 2x SPG to 6x New Marriott.
Writing for a friend who may have gotten a second August deposit from AmEx
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Just for ..... and giggles, I clicked combine accounts. It asks me to log into my SPG account. A box pops up showing my information for SPG and MR and for LIFETIME nights it's showing my current year nights for both SPG and MR (my actual lifetime is around 1000 for MR and around 400 for SPG). CANCEL! CANCEL! CANCEL!
That's an often-reported, known bug in this thread. It's the wording of the screen that's wrong (it shows YTD and not Lifetime nights, even though it says Lifetime). After combining, the labels and totals are reported as being correct, and that's been my experience too.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by naumank
In a way, Marriott has failed miserably in this IT merge process. To Marriott, their top priority is to ensure that their reservation system is intact - this is obviously important to some customers as well. But the merging of loyalty points and especially the new status after combining the nights and years from MR and SPG are very important to their most loyal customers. Marriott apparently considers the latter a low, low priority. Of course, one might ask - why is so important to get your new (higher) status right away? All I can tell you from my personal experience is that it is very important. I have PP status through 2/2019 and at least P through 2/2020. Why do I care about getting LT Gold? But I do care. LT Gold is what I have been hoping to see after 8/18. But no, updating LT status is not important to Marriott. They also screwed up the nights. Some people lost their AMEX SPG nights. In my case, I just realized that I lost one night in SPG but two of my LT years are double counted. So now I have decided not to merge my accounts because I fear they will further screw up.

Years ago, right after the IT system merged between UA and Continental, it took 4 days for miles to post. Loyal customers complained. Smisek could not fathom. I remember he asked why people needed to see their miles post right away - but It mattered to their loyal customers. Similarly, Marriott should have upped the priority of getting the merged status right faster. They failed.
Failed miserably?

These systems are incredibly complex. Merging two large legacy systems of this size is no mean feat. Frustrating while it might be for a few days to get some kinks ironed out, the whole project has been a success in my eyes.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AYellowBelly
Failed miserably?

These systems are incredibly complex. Merging two large legacy systems of this size is no mean feat. Frustrating while it might be for a few days to get some kinks ironed out, the whole project has been a success in my eyes.
...except that they had 2 years to prepare for this point, and it still clearly wasn't enough
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by royehill
I'm getting the same error message. Tried using incognito mode in my browser, password is <20 character. Plus if I try using my new SPG number instead of my email the site says that I've entered incorrect data.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Given I am happy with my current status, I see no reason to combine accounts until the IT issues are sorted out. I see no upside unless you are being bumped into a higher tier, particularly as the "lifetime" nights only shows my YTD activity and not my actual lifetime balance.
I agree, especially as most of my account details are correct in the new SPG version and all my reservations are showing.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Titanium
I combined and now have 1031 nights and 15 years as Platinum, mostly Marriott. It shows Platinum Lifetime but wouldn’t I qualify for Platinum Premier lifetime? Been reading FAQ’s and that’s the way I read it.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by miket
I combined and now have 1031 nights and 15 years as Platinum, mostly Marriott. Wouldn’t I qualify for Platinum Premier lifetime? Been reading FAQ’s and that’s the way I read it.
If combining your accounts put you over 750 nights and 10 years Plat, then LTPP should happen in January.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
For those of you who had data discrepancies in your account prior to merging, did merging improve, worsen, or have no material effect on the discrepancies?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by acrophobia
For those of you who had data discrepancies in your account prior to merging, did merging improve, worsen, or have no material effect on the discrepancies?
Slowly migrating. Changes every few days for me. App and website out of sync. Just watching and waiting for things to calm down. But I'm not in a rush with no imminent stays.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Today I clicked on combine accounts from my Marriott account. I logged into my SPG account and in the merge screen it claimed I had zero upcoming SPG stays. I have two (award stays, cash and points) that I obviously don't want to lose. So I canceled out. Is this a known bug?

Also, my status is STILL incorrect. It's showing Platinum and not Platinum Premier (challenged earlier this summer). I already have canceled out three stays since the merger (Mon - Weds, Thurs-Fri and Fri-Sun) but I have a Sun-Mon upcoming that was a prepaid rate so I can't actually cancel.

To top it off, missing stay from Aug 17.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by AYellowBelly
Failed miserably?

Yea, that's what most here are missing. We're a few days into "go live" and the system is working, it has a few bugs, and it will be fine in a few days. Marriott is a very credible company with a very credible IT department. That won't change.
kennycrudup likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.