Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Any updates on the construction? Arrival last week of July. Thanks
Old May 16, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: Marriott
Marriott Wailea and construction

I will be staying at Marriott Wailea the last week of August for 6 nights on points. I'm concerned about recent reviews, even from Platinum members which I am.

Is there a tower that is better than another, such as one where the construction has finished and room remodels are done? I know our trip is 3 months away, but I'd like to be prepared with info from someone who has been recently.

I had considered the Kapalua Ritz, but it would be 100,000 more points and we'd like to spend 6 nights in the south before moving to a west condo for 2 weeks.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
New Poolside Bistro Opens at Wailea Marriott

http://mauinow.com/2016/06/30/new-po...ilea-marriott/

Excerpts:

"Wailea is welcoming a new oceanfront dining destination, called KAPA Pool Bar + Grill, at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.

KAPA is a casual bistro serving modern interpretations of culinary classics. The poolside bistro featuring locally-sourced products is set against the backdrop of the ‘Ohi Pools at Wailea Beach Marriott. The restaurant’s name is in homage to the ancient tradition of kapa, a Polynesian fabric design technique with distinct Hawaiian influences and historical significance.

KAPA also features a game room with an 80″ flat-screen 4K TV, pool table, shuffleboard and even Xbox. Live music is featured at “The Point.”

KAPA is open for breakfast between 6:30 and 11 a.m., then lunch and dinner run through 8 p.m. Happy hour goes from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. daily, with $3 off Hawaiian cocktails, $5 draft beers and $10 quesadillas. Validated valet parking is available for non-resort guests for up to three hours."

Cheers.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
New Poolside Bistro Opens at Wailea Marriott

http://mauinow.com/2016/06/30/new-po...ilea-marriott/

Excerpts:

"Wailea is welcoming a new oceanfront dining destination, called KAPA Pool Bar + Grill, at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.

KAPA is a casual bistro serving modern interpretations of culinary classics. The poolside bistro featuring locally-sourced products is set against the backdrop of the ‘Ohi Pools at Wailea Beach Marriott. The restaurant’s name is in homage to the ancient tradition of kapa, a Polynesian fabric design technique with distinct Hawaiian influences and historical significance.

KAPA also features a game room with an 80″ flat-screen 4K TV, pool table, shuffleboard and even Xbox. Live music is featured at “The Point.”

KAPA is open for breakfast between 6:30 and 11 a.m., then lunch and dinner run through 8 p.m. Happy hour goes from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. daily, with $3 off Hawaiian cocktails, $5 draft beers and $10 quesadillas. Validated valet parking is available for non-resort guests for up to three hours."

Cheers.
Have to ask... is the quesadilla $10 only during happy hour?

Do like the pool there though ^
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by surgie
I will be staying at Marriott Wailea the last week of August for 6 nights on points. I'm concerned about recent reviews, even from Platinum members which I am.

Is there a tower that is better than another, such as one where the construction has finished and room remodels are done? I know our trip is 3 months away, but I'd like to be prepared with info from someone who has been recently.

I had considered the Kapalua Ritz, but it would be 100,000 more points and we'd like to spend 6 nights in the south before moving to a west condo for 2 weeks.
I just arrived. I'll update if anything changes, but so far they have done a great job.

We were upgraded to a room in Tower 4 overlooking the infinity pool and the ocean. Based on the view it has to be one of the better non-suite rooms at the property. They had emailed and asked about celebrations. I mentioned we were just missing our anniversary during the stay. They sent sparkling wine and chocolates anyway.

Right now it appears the construction is mostly affecting common areas- no grand view of the ocean from the lobby that Hawaiian resorts are known to have, most shops on the property are closed. With the shops at Wailea only a coulple hundred yards away this doesn't worry me. I haven't wandered the property yet, but they did say the kids pool was closed.

I've had a very lucky trip so far though. My United Silver got me an upgrade on a (short) leg of my trip despite the fact that these were award tickets because the flight was oversold. (I do not have the MP card that would allow this). Hopefully my trip continues to go so well!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:02 pm

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Maui

I'm wondering if anyone could help me find a better rate than the current one offered without any codes on their site.
It breaks down to 246/night but 305 for the 4th night, when the rate goes up. Total after fees is $1,319.
I checked the Wailea Maui Marriott thread, but the last post on there was from July. Wondering if anyone could help me out, any savings would help.
I don't have any other status with Marriot besides Silver.

Travel Date: Dec 16-Dec 20
Non-Flexible
Party of 2

Also, can anyone who has stayed there recently give me some feedback? Planning to book a cabana, and heard it's ~$200-450 a day. Any possible discount? Any other discounted activities the resort offers?

Last edited by AJDem; Oct 11, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Actually, the $246 per night rate is not bad. We would need more information to help you out, dates of travel, are your dates flexible, number in your party, etc.

In the meantime you can try using the publicly available rate codes and plug those in on Marriott.com for your dates. See the thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ion-codes.html

You can also try search engine like Kayak and Trivago to see how your rate stacks up and then invoke Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee (more info here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...er-thread.html)

Enjoy Hawaii!

Regards,

RIP...
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:58 am

Thanks, also added that info!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: None - previously UA
If you're going to stay and eat at the resort they have a $100 per night resort credit rate under member offers which is about $40 more per night. The total would be $1481 vs $1319 but with $400 resort credit. Very easy to use that much resort credit.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
If you're going to stay and eat at the resort they have a $100 per night resort credit rate under member offers which is about $40 more per night. The total would be $1481 vs $1319 but with $400 resort credit. Very easy to use that much resort credit.
Hmm, this is tempting!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:25 am

Agreed that this rate is not too bad for mid-December. (Any later and you're getting close to Christmas, and then the rates really start going up.)

I am not sure if this is OP's first time or not at the resort, but $400 is resort credit is definitely easy to use, even if you don't eat your meals at the hotel. Other ways to spend it (presuming the terms and conditions allow):
- drinks/food from the Starbucks on-site
- drinks/snacks at the pool
- cabana rental at the serenity pool (or renting something similar elsewhere on the property)

Personally, I'd go for the slightly higher rate and take advantage of the resort credit.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I'm having a hard time finding this. Do you have a link or other info on this promo rate?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I'm having a hard time finding this. Do you have a link or other info on this promo rate?
I can help you there, log into your marriot account, and select the dates you are going. Once the rates show up, there should be a tab near the top for
|Standard Rates| Room Packages| Member Offers|
You want to select Member Offers.
Scroll Down, and you will see the Rates for " Marriott Rewards Member Promotions Rate, 100 USD resort credit per night"
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AJDem
I can help you there, log into your marriot account, and select the dates you are going. Once the rates show up, there should be a tab near the top for
|Standard Rates| Room Packages| Member Offers|
You want to select Member Offers.
Scroll Down, and you will see the Rates for " Marriott Rewards Member Promotions Rate, 100 USD resort credit per night"
Yes, I'm seeing that. However, these types of rates are usually part of a larger group of promotional rates that apply across several different resort properties and I'm looking for the details.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:43 pm

Breakfast for 2 daily and $100 Resort Credit Rate Code YRSA

OR

$100 Resort Credit per day Rate Code XRNK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.