Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just ran by 15 minutes ago on the beach path. (We are at Fairmont)

I would not stay here right now. About half the path along Marriott's frontage has construction fencing in front of it.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Just ran by 15 minutes ago on the beach path. (We are at Fairmont)

I would not stay here right now. About half the path along Marriott's frontage has construction fencing in front of it.
Any pictures to share? Going to be there for 4 days in Mid Feb.

TIA
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drowelf
Any pictures to share? Going to be there for 4 days in Mid Feb.

TIA
I'll take some if I go by tommorow
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:59 am

TripAdvisor has some mixed reviews -- some people were really bothered by the construction, others not so much. So YMMV. (If you dig through the recent reviews, keep an eye out for the date they stayed -- sometimes people review weeks or months after they stay, so the construction may not have started when they stayed.)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ui_Hawaii.html

One recent review also mentions that the property now has local food trucks nearby -- have you seen or heard anything about that VickiSoCal? I hadn't seen those near the property when I've visited in the past.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by windhund
TripAdvisor has some mixed reviews -- some people were really bothered by the construction, others not so much. So YMMV. (If you dig through the recent reviews, keep an eye out for the date they stayed -- sometimes people review weeks or months after they stay, so the construction may not have started when they stayed.)
TripAdvisor asks for the dates of the stay when you post a review & I think plugs in the review to the appropriate time frame. It's been a while since I did a TA review, but I'm pretty sure I was asked for the date of the stay even though I did my review a month or so later.

Cheers.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:37 pm

You're correct -- they do ask for the date & time you stayed, and they show this with the review. However, in some cases, you have to click the "View more" link or arrow on a review to see this information.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a food truck there during lunch one day, parked on the lawn between the children's pool and the beach.

Ran by this morning, heading north on the beach path the first you see of the construction fencing is just past the adult/serenity pool area. On the left of below pic.

It continues through the main pool area.

To the northern perimeter of the property

So if you go, I would make sure they put you in a southern building, either by the adult pool or the children's pool.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:34 am

Thank you very much for the report and pictures, VickiSoCal. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
This is now posted on the Hotel Site, but it was not there a few months ago.

"Renovation Information – Resort pools and the pool bar are being reinvented. Pools will open Feb 6 2016 and the bar on Apr 8 2016. Our serenity pool and childrens pool are open now for your enjoyment."

Wish I had know this when I setup this trip. Oh Well, not much can be done now. We like to be out and about during the day anyway and like the ocean over the pools, so it probably won't be too bad.

VickiSoCal, thanks for the pics.

Mahalo!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Residence Inn from up the hill
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred and CP, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
FWIW, I canceled my Marriott Wailea stay as a result of the renovation (and the photos posted here -- thanks Vicki). The Marriott was very understanding and admitted that the renovations were affecting rooms and views throughout the resort. I checked into the Ritz Carlton Kapalua today and have had a great experience thus far. It was a few more Marriott points per night, but clearly the right call given the renovations at the Marriott. Platinum status was recognized and resulted in a suite upgrade without me even asking about it, along with two free drinks. I am sure the Marriott Wailea is a nice property and will be great once the renovations are done, but to anyone traveling soon I would suggest you consider the Ritz Carlton Kapalua.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Just got back from two nights at the Marriott Wailea and we had a great room upgrade directly over the serenity pool. I was glad for the construction as it brought the room price down to $199/ night which is very cheap compared to other properties in the area. The construction activities didn't bother us in the least although I agree with the advice to have them put you in the southern buildings.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:34 am

I was in this hotel last week and got a room away from the construction on the southern end of the resort. So the noise was no issue at all there. Had to move rooms in the middle of the stay to a room closer to the construction (they were full and didn't have any other rooms away from the construction), but even then, the main noise I heard was buzzsaws (and then, only when outside on the balcony). You can hear them from the serenity pool too sometimes. In either case, though, I didn't find the noise to be that bad.

The main annoyance I encountered was that the serenity pool was much more crowded. I anticipated some more people, but it was much more than I expected. But the crowds did vary by day; there was also a conference at the Grand Wailea (and Marriott people stayed at the Marriott) some of the time I was there.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Here right now. The "serenity" pool is more crowded but the other pools are only about a week away. Not as bad as I feared.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:28 pm

Our family will be staying here in late June and recently saw this on their Web site:

"From April – November the resort will continue to transform; new guestrooms/showers/baths"

Can anyone confirm if they have already started on the room renovations or will those really not begin until April?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.