Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just stayed there last night for one night, as an MR Plat, with a reservation made earlier in the day on points* for the "standard room". They did upgrade me to an ocean view of sorts (the ocean is only visible from part of the balcony, and then only a bit of ocean). They charged me the full $30 resort fee (no discount of only $25 parking offered). I didn't ask about discounts for food as I was already planning to eat my own cheap supermarket-bought breakfast made easy by the mini-fridge in the room.

*I wasn't looking to stay there particularly, I just needed another night on points after my plans (of which part of the island I wanted to stay on) solidified only at the last minute. My first preference would have been to extend my stay at the Kahului CY another night (I'd already been there 4 nights), but by the time I realized I needed this night the CY was already sold out, and lots of other hotels on the island (a few of which might otherwise have been reasonably-priced options for a paid night) were sold out too. Since the Wailea Marriott had rooms available and was only 15k points more (and $20 parking/resort fee more) than the Kahului CY would have been for the night, I decided to go for it.

For those seeking the resort and/or on-the-beach experience, obviously, the Marriott has its benefits. But the beds and the cost (in either money or points) and the more central location (if you are doing things around the island) are better at the Kahului CY than the Wailea Marriott.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed here for two nights over the weekend as an MR Plat, with one night on points, and one night paid - upgraded to an oceanview upon arrival, but no discount on the resort fee. No breakfast vouchers either, but in exchange I managed to wheedle a bunch of extra drink chits that we used at the pool (the ticket says its good for a Mai-tai or Starbucks, but actually you can order any tropical drink off the bar menu). I can't add very much more to GeorgeBurdell's very thorough review, except to say that I had an awesome experience (super friendly staff, can't beat the views from the Serenity pool, we saw tons of whales), and would definitely recommend this hotel.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
We stayed there last Saturday, on 40,000 points with a Garden View reservation. We were upgraded to a Garden View Suite and were able to get in there by 2:00 pm. Terrence was quite helpful when we checked in and Terry was looking after us for drinks by the adult pool. We splurged and rented a cabana on Sunday and enjoyed it until we left about 5pm just before the rain hit. This was a very nice "staycation".
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Any truth to the rumor that wailea marriott has added a$15 a day parking fee in addition to the resort fee? I've got a stay booked in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by beachbrew
Any truth to the rumor that wailea marriott has added a$15 a day parking fee in addition to the resort fee? I've got a stay booked in a couple of weeks.
No additional parking fee (beyond the resort fee) when I was there in late June.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Start to make a reservation you see this – Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. Fee includes Internet, US phone calls, activities, discounts. It does not mention parking.

Total for one night is listed as 269 (rate) + 30 resort fee + 40.11 in taxes = 339.11 then it says Additional Charges
On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 35 USD daily

But it doesn't matter what it says now. What does YOUR reservation confirmation email say based on when you booked it?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:58 pm

No such extra fee in September.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:25 am

It has the 25 and 35 parking on it, then if you scroll down, it talks about the $30 resort fee which "includes free self parking" According to what i read on TA(take that for what its worth) it went into effect oct 1.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has the 25 and 35 parking on it, then if you scroll down, it talks about the $30 resort fee which "includes free self parking" According to what i read on TA(take that for what its worth) it went into effect oct 1.
Where are you seeing that it is included? I can't find it anywhere.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Where are you seeing that it is included? I can't find it anywhere.
Maybe his confirmation if the reservation was made before Oct 1? As you noted, his confirmation will trump a new policy.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed there several times, and the resort fee always included self-parking. That might have changed, but I'd be really surprised. Including parking was the only thing making the resort fee halfway acceptable.

Bruce
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:34 am

Its on the orignial confirmation email(i then had an lnf approved) If i log in to the reservation on the webpage it makes no mention of the parking other than the paid parking. If this was a one or two night stay $15 wouldnt be a big deal but its going to be over $100 difference(parking included in the resort fee was one of the reasons we chose this hotel) Is this something i should address with the property now? or wait until check out?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I've stayed there several times, and the resort fee always included self-parking. That might have changed, but I'd be really surprised. Including parking was the only thing making the resort fee halfway acceptable.

Bruce
It's not showing up under the resort fee any longer, so I put what is included (from the website) in a wiki. Self & valet parking are showing up separately. It sounds like this might have started Oct 1st.

Its on the orignial confirmation email(i then had an lnf approved) If i log in to the reservation on the webpage it makes no mention of the parking other than the paid parking. If this was a one or two night stay $15 wouldnt be a big deal but its going to be over $100 difference(parking included in the resort fee was one of the reasons we chose this hotel) Is this something i should address with the property now? or wait until check out?
Make sure you bring the printed confirmation email showing that parking was included & get it sorted out at check-in, not check-out. You can also call Marriott ressies & have them note the account or contact the property for you.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Maybe his confirmation if the reservation was made before Oct 1? As you noted, his confirmation will trump a new policy.

Cheers.
Wow, yeah, sounds like it is a new thing. I love this hotel and area, but you need a car in Wailea and 25 for parking plus 30 resort fee is a hefty per night charge on top of room rates. :-(

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Oct 14, 2014 at 11:14 am
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
you need a car in Wailea and 25 for parking plus 30 resort fee is a hefty per night charge on top of room rates. :-(
Agree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.