Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by cmculp
One more ping…..anyone currently at the Marriott or RI have a report on life on the ground there now?
Would recommend asking in the Hawaii forum for this sort of info.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Considering tourism has dropped 80% on Maui it should not be a surprise nobody from FT is at the hotel.
Tourism in Maui overall is down 80% but my neighbors in Wailea tell me things seem full and normal there. Part of that is people diverting from west Maui to South Maui. I was wondering about the vibe in the ground…

I’ll see for myself this weekend
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
my sources on the ground tell me they want tourist to come just not in and around the fire zone. Other than the fire zone the other resort area's are up and running welcoming tourist. Its going to be a long haul rebuilding.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Southwest Companion, United Premier Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Anyone at the hotel who can confirm if Wailea Beach is significantly eroded? It appears it is on the webcam at least on the Grand Wailea/Wailea Beach Villa side. Ulua Beach appears to be all but gone as well.

We are going there in a few weeks and insight would be really appreciated.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by 7summits
Anyone at the hotel who can confirm if Wailea Beach is significantly eroded? It appears it is on the webcam at least on the Grand Wailea/Wailea Beach Villa side. Ulua Beach appears to be all but gone as well.

We are going there in a few weeks and insight would be really appreciated.
We stayed here in January and the beach is quite eroded near the Grand Wailea side, but was not overly busy. There is not enough room to lay out beach chairs.

I can not confirm the Ulua Beach status, we were in Hale 7 so walked towards the Grand Wailea beach.

Enjoy your trip! It is a beautiful location.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Southwest Companion, United Premier Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by polska
We stayed here in January and the beach is quite eroded near the Grand Wailea side, but was not overly busy. There is not enough room to lay out beach chairs.

I can not confirm the Ulua Beach status, we were in Hale 7 so walked towards the Grand Wailea beach.

Enjoy your trip! It is a beautiful location.
Thanks so much for the intel. You have confirmed my fear and we are going to move islands.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 7summits
Thanks so much for the intel. You have confirmed my fear and we are going to move islands.
All the islands have the same issue on their west facing beaches.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:49 pm

Stayed here early Feb as a Plat.

Paid for an ocean view room and was not disappointed. Very comfortable and clean rooms. Outside of giving me a nice view in the class of room I paid for, no sign of upgrades.

Staff is all extremely good, very high touch service, which you would expect given the price points and high end brands next door.

They do not seem to want to do late check outs. I asked for late check out in reservation notes. The property wants you to call them at 7am on your day of checkout to see "what they will approve". It seems for plats the best they will do is 1pm.

They have an "arrivals and departure lounge" off the main lobby area. The main lounge part is tiny. It looks like in the past they might have had more offerings but it's just water, a TV and long bench seat with four side tables. There is a men's and woman's locker room for storage, showers, etc. They were somewhat dirty and one of the two shower room locks was broken in the mens side. TLDR is you could hang out at the pool or walk down to the beach, go back there, clean up, shower, and put your wet cloths in a centrifuge so you could pack them up and depart for the airport.

Almost all the activities were filled up before I even checked in. From what I could see, the sizes are fairly small. And I suspect with all the families there you're competing with about 1200-1500 guests for a small number of activities. If this is your kind of thing reach out to the concierge ahead of time.

There is an app for the hotel that has turn by turn walking directions, food ordering and reserving activities.

Continental breakfast could be taken at either the Starbucks or a restaurant the other side of the property (I only used the Starbucks). You had your choice of Fruit Cup or Banana, any pastry from the case (Not breakfast sandwiches), and any tall drink. The Starbucks is run by the hotel and is not on the Starbucks app.

There's a fake food truck doing Pizza, it tasted oddly bitter, I wouldn't recommend it. I think there are better food offerings at the Shops At Wailea, which is a 6 minute walk from the resort. I also don't recommend Morimoto Sushi at the resort next door. For lunch and casual food I found the pool side stuff pretty good.

You can stop by the desk and get daily chocolate. Really good local flavors.

Overall, it's a very nice resort, but I found it odd how little Marriott branding is there.

Last edited by motytrah; Mar 5, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Old Apr 20, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know the difference between ocean view and oceanfront rooms? I assume oceanfront is closer to the ocean; is it necessarily better? At Mauna Kea for example, I believe the ocean view rooms are higher and generally preferred.

I assume if privacy is important, the ground floor sundeck rooms are to be avoided.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by italdesign
Does anyone know the difference between ocean view and oceanfront rooms? I assume oceanfront is closer to the ocean; is it necessarily better? At Mauna Kea for example, I believe the ocean view rooms are higher and generally preferred.

I assume if privacy is important, the ground floor sundeck rooms are to be avoided.
Marriott Wailea. In my view, the Oceanfront rooms are by far the nicest rooms at the resort. Yes, they are practically right on the water. Families seem to prefer the ground floor sundeck rooms, but I prefer the top floor there (i.e. 3rd floor).

Mauna Kea. I much prefer the Beachfront rooms over the Ocean view rooms in the higher tower. Love the ground floor Beachfront rooms at this hotel. At the Mauna Kea, Beachfront rooms are much further back from the water than the Oceanfront rooms at the Marriott Wailea.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign

Oceanfront is very close to the ocean. We stayed in Hale 7 which was close to the ocean, also close to the Luau if that is important to you. We enjoyed the Wailea Beach Resort, but the rooms are dated, especially the bathroom. We chose the top floor (3). Very quiet area, we would request Hale 7 next time we visit. Enjoy your trip to Maui!
Roger Lococco likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.