Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
And elite benefits are tremendous at the HR Maui, too, as a Globalist, especially on a points stay. A nice lounge, complimentary parking, no resort fee, and on my last upgrade, a suite upgrade with an ocean view as a Globalist. But I do miss that $10 Starbucks card I got at the WBR and ground floor room...NOT!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kacee
, um, a $10 pp Starbucks credit at WBR.
Is that really all you get?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
The comparisons of Bonvoy "benefits" here vs. Hyatt benefits at the Andaz are beyond hilarious
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Is that really all you get?
I guess there are the bonus points on spend. They'll probably also thank you for being an Ambassador/Titanium/Platinum.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kacee
I guess there are the bonus points on spend. They'll probably also thank you for being an Ambassador/Titanium/Platinum.
Makes the $50/day next door at the GW look generous.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:36 am

Stayed here for one night, using a 50k free night certificate (probably impossible now). I'm Platinum.

The good:
Room was ready early and received a beachfront upgrade. Great view.
Beautiful pools and plenty of seating available
Free mai tais are a good touch
The bad:
Check-in was a mess not befitting a property at this price point (very bad in comparison to the Mauna Kea or Hyatt Regency Maui)
We had a problem with our room key that took a while to resolve
Our room was not super clean
As noted again and again, the free breakfast is not good. At a minimum you should get to choose your breakfast pastry.

The meh:
The beach situation is just ok - we visited the beaches both to the north and south to swim which is good as there isn't much space for lounging
No real ambiance... Generic / convention feel.

My husband and I agree this product pales in comparison to the Mauna Kea, minus the pools. We also preferred our four nights at the Hyatt Regency for the value. It was a good use of a 50k certificate.
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:35 am

As a quick update after my 3-night stay here over Labor Day weekend:

- As a platinum, we were first offered a complimentary upgrade to "ocean-view room" in the tower; we asked for *any* option outside the tower and, after discussion with the manager, we were given a partial ocean view overlooking the luau area (Hale 7).
- We appreciated the luau option, but would have preferred a more ocean-facing room. Regardless, grabbing a make-your-own poke from the nearby market and watching the free luau was great!
- Check-in definitely felt rushed with a "scan this QR code for all the available activities and options" and a 2-dimensional "here's how to get to your room". Maybe we're directionally challenged, but even after being guided there by the bellman, we got lost multiple times trying to navigate ourselves around through the multiple floors.
- I had asked in the thread previously about sun exposure at the adults-only pool and it's pretty brutal in the afternoon, unless you get a cabana; the umbrellas (if they weren't taken down due to wind) are not angled to obscure the sun after ~2pm, so you'd be baked in your chair.
- Feel like a total sucker by paying for non-valet parking because the gate was left up 24/7; I don't think I ever even scanned the blank white 'parking card' given to me
- In the welcome email we received a few weeks ahead of time, I got the same spiel about upgrade options not being guaranteed and pushing for a paid upgrade; interestingly, in the same chain of emails, I tried to request an alternative to the breakfast voucher (eg the $100 payment), but was entirely ignored on that point despite multiple requests; I really should've followed-up because breakfast was the epitome of meh - even got multiple moldy fruit cups from Whale's Tale =/
- The real highlight was the sunset and night sky at the AO infinity pool; definitely wish we had worked our schedule around doing this every evening!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Anybody have experience requesting a paid extra late checkout (something like 6-8PM)? Our departing flight is a redeye at 10PM and it would be nice to have access to a room throughout the day since we will have a 2 year old with us, but would rather not have to pay full freight for an extra night since we wouldn't be utilizing the room overnight. I'm happy to pay some sort of surcharge/half day rate if that's an option but I haven't seen it mentioned before. Figured I'd check here before reaching out to them directly. FWIW, this would be in early November and it seems like that's pretty low season.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:27 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
One one hand I respect the honesty that three nights in November aren’t eligible for SNAs (fwiw, same length at Royal Hawaiian in February has half a dozen upgrade options), but on the other hand I’m surprised that ocean/high views aren’t on offer. I’ve had good and great upgrades here with and without SNAs. I’ve never figured out if there is any remuneration to the hotel for eating up SNAs, but since I’ll likely get a decent room and view anyway, it seems like a missed opportunity. Probably I’d avoid the stress and uncertainly and put in for a minor upgrade to try to jump ahead of the hordes of other titaniums to make sure that the only blue I see isn’t sky…particularly versus them who aren’t paying with points.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:27 am

Just booked for 6 days and 5 nights in December for 3 of us. It took 36 hours to get my Chase UR transferred over to get to the 400k for the 5 nights (1 night was free), and ended up with a "Garden View Room - Guest Room - 1 King or 2 Queen." Not sure what to expect, but I did put in that it was my wife's birthday. I'm also a Titanium Elite, so not sure what upgrade I can even hope for, seeing that a partial ocean view room was 400,000 points + $1800, or $950/nt.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Atreyu21
Just booked for 6 days and 5 nights in December for 3 of us. It took 36 hours to get my Chase UR transferred over to get to the 400k for the 5 nights (1 night was free), and ended up with a "Garden View Room - Guest Room - 1 King or 2 Queen." Not sure what to expect, but I did put in that it was my wife's birthday. I'm also a Titanium Elite, so not sure what upgrade I can even hope for, seeing that a partial ocean view room was 400,000 points + $1800, or $950/nt.
Titanium here as well. We're in Ka'anapali this week and then will be at WBC next week. I booked back in March and it was 280k pts w/ the 5th night free. I'm not expecting an upgrade, especially considering it's a holiday week.

Last edited by skw1; Dec 3, 2022 at 7:15 pm
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by skw1
Titanium here as well. We're in Ka'anapali this week and then will be at WBC next week. I booked back in March and it was 280k pts w/ the 5th night free. I'm not expecting an upgrade,especially considering it's a holiday week.
good luck and keep us posted
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:42 am

Does this property take SNAs? My reservation shows I can’t use it. Anything special I need to do? Want to burn my SnA.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by skw1
Titanium here as well. We're in Ka'anapali this week and then will be at WBC next week. I booked back in March and it was 280k pts w/ the 5th night free. I'm not expecting an upgrade,especially considering it's a holiday week.
Any luck with upgrades?

I only recently emailed the hotel for suggestion on where to book private surfing lessons for my kids. I did NOT even ask about upgrade as a titanium and the person who replied just outlined how much I would have to pay for an upgrade. It was just strange and also she was pushing for PAID upgrade saying it‘s always at full capacity at the hotel.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Any luck with upgrades?

I only recently emailed the hotel for suggestion on where to book private surfing lessons for my kids. I did NOT even ask about upgrade as a titanium and the person who replied just outlined how much I would have to pay for an upgrade. It was just strange and also she was pushing for PAID upgrade saying it‘s always at full capacity at the hotel.
Does t hat surprise anyone? There are a number of properties that frankly I would accept a reasonable upgrade "fee" in addition to my status. Park Hyatt Vendome comes to mind !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.