Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by greasy
I know the pool is 18+, we're travelling with our infant son, 9 months old, any chance that we'll be allowed to spend time in there? Any one might have experience on that? Thanks in advance.
No way!!! It's called an adult pool for a reason! I have two kids and couldn't fathom ever bringing them into anything that's designated 'adults only'. That's a sure fire way to have people running after you with torches and pitchforks! Babies get a bad enough rap on planes (where they are still permitted - for most flights!) - you could seriously piss some people off by trying to bring a baby into an adult pool! I think that's a big selling feature for this hotel and honeymooners. Stick to the pools that have no age restrictions.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I know the pool is 18+, we're travelling with our infant son, 9 months old, any chance that we'll be allowed to spend time in there? Any one might have experience on that? Thanks in advance.
Why would you even want to do that?

I mean if everyone did that, wouldn't that completely nullify the entire concept of an "adults only" pool?

Regards
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:09 pm

In my visits, I've never seen any children or infants in that area. There are adults who go to that pool specifically because there aren't children or infants there, so I would advise trying to bring your infant to that pool. The resort is pretty clear that it's an adults-only pool.

There is another, larger pool where adults and children can hang out. It's been renovated recently so should be a nice place to hang out, and there are still great ocean views from that pool. And of course, there is the dedicated kids' pool.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just did a three night stay here.

I was going to my friend's wedding and was not going to spend that much time at the hotel, it was more for location so I had booked the standard resort view room. As a Platinum, I got a room with a terrace with deck chairs with a view of the pool and the sea.

The staff was very nice and service minded. My second visit to the breakfast was by name, and asking if I wanted the same table as the day before. Also in the Kappa pool bar my returns was by name.

The rooms was very nice, and fairly large. Not sure how this room compares to the standard rooms though.

I did not use that many of the facilities, as I was busy with wedding related activities, but I did use the morning boot camp classes, which are to be recommended. The bell desk can arrange drop off and pickups around the area. I used this for the wedding reception, a practical and free service.

The welcome maitai vouchers, the bar was happy to change them to other drinks from the menu.
​​​​​​
One note of negative thoughts, I did not find the breakfast buffet that great. And if breakfast is included in your room rate you can't order of the a la carte menu. And this I find a bit strange.

All in all, I find the hotel very recommendable and if I go to Maui again, I am very likely to return here.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I'm 48 hours from check-in and see my room type on my reservation is now garden oversized lanai - ground floor. I had just booked resort room, so this would be an upgrade. Wondering if room would be assigned this far out, or any chance for a bigger upgrade, as I see other rooms available still.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by bigmerv
We've got enough points for either 10 nights here, or 10 at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua (1 bed residential).

As we're travelling with kids, and this resort has just been renovated, my thinking is that this would be a better option than the Ritz. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I wouldn't normally pick a Marriott over a Ritz, but this one might swing it...
You also save 160,000 points staying at the Marriott. If you are already torn between the two, this would certainly help swing my decision.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:34 pm

Just got back from 5 great days at the Wailea Beach Resort. As a gold, I did get upgraded from a resort room to garden view with ground floor larger lanai -- While not a full ocean view, it was way more generous than what I expected a garden view to be -- by turning your head slightly, we have a few view of the ocean, and were only steps out our door to the wailea beach path.

Also was given a bottle of wine + fresh pineapple in our room as a gift.

The beaches are only a 5 min or so walk, depending on where you're staying on the resort We were on the north end, so the walk to wailea beach was probably closer to 10 mins. They now have chairs/umbrellas available on that beach, and the guys will set you up for free (tips appreciated, of course). Remember to grab towels from the pool areas, however, before heading down. Ulua Beach to the north is great for morning snorkeling (rental for $15/day), but there aren't any facilities on the beach for resort guests.

The Ohi pools are fantastic. We didnt get the try the adult pool, as we had our 1 year old, but we never felt like we were missing out. My daughter loved the Nalu pool and slides -- if you have kids and will be spending time here, there is a somewhat hidden pool on the upper level (behind waterfall) that never had anyone up there. Great spot to be away from the noise and feel like you're in a private area w/ chairs.

We really enjoyed all of the food options and never left the resort. We had a $100 per night credit, which was easily used on pool drinks and fish tacos. Whale's Tale was a must for breakfast each morning and a great spot for happy hour. Also, you have a full view of the luau from Whale's Tale, if you don't mind skipping the buffet that's included. But seriously, you are feet away from the performers and can hear perfectly. Kapa Grill/Ohi Pools also have a really great view/scene for sunset and happy hour -- you really can't go wrong here. We loved every minute.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
We just got back from a 3 night stay here and will echo how much we liked the resort. As a platinum on a points award reservation for the lowest category room, we were upgraded to a direct oceanfront view room with a balcony (reservation showed the upgrade a week before arrival). The rooms are adequately sized and feature a large lanai or patio. We loved the pools - especially to Ohi pool - which was never crowded to the point that finding a sun chair was a problem. The on site restaurants and bars were excellent and staff very welcoming and efficient.

Overall we preferred this resort over the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua...both were nice properties, but the direct ocean front views and the larger variety of bar and restaurant options in the immediate area won us over.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Hi, I am booked for a week from 9/23 - 9/30 at this resort. Im currently in the Garden view room (booked on points).

Is there any way to email the GM requesting an upgrade? Has anyone had success with this? Also, would really appreciate the e-mail, if possible. (ETA - I am Gold)

Had a great time reading everyone's reviews. Looks like a highly regarded resort. Cant wait for our trip!

Thanks!

Last edited by AmeriKop45; Sep 6, 2017 at 11:06 am
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
Hi, I am booked for a week from 9/23 - 9/30 at this resort. Im currently in the Garden view room (booked on points).

Is there any way to email the GM requesting an upgrade? Has anyone had success with this? Also, would really appreciate the e-mail, if possible. (ETA - I am Gold)

Had a great time reading everyone's reviews. Looks like a highly regarded resort. Cant wait for our trip!

Thanks!
You'll likely get an email from the concierge where you can ask but it won't be confirmed until check-in. We were upgraded to a Garden suite and then a premium ocean view 2 days in.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45

Thanks!
I've booked a Garden View room on points for next March. I'm only Silver status, so not sure I'll be getting an upgrade, but figured it wasn't worth it to pay an extra $100 a night to get a 'Partial Ocean View' double queen. Seems like the Garden View may be a better view than the Partial Ocean View.

Keep us posted after your trip to let us know if you got the upgrade - and if you think it's worth it to pay the extra $100 a night for a Partial Ocean View.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
No Marriott facilities on the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas from the Marriott but you have to carry them to the beach.
Not true. On wailea beach, they had 2 guys setting up umbrellas for Marriott (orange). Just tip, but they are w the hotel.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Originally Posted by nottarockstar
Not true. On wailea beach, they had 2 guys setting up umbrellas for Marriott (orange). Just tip, but they are w the hotel.
Might be referring to the beach on the other end of the resort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.