Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flybie
Does this property take SNAs? My reservation shows I can’t use it. Anything special I need to do? Want to burn my SnA.
Probably stating the obvious, but are you trying to use SNAs that expire in Dec 2022 for a reservation in 2023? If that’s the case, upgrading with SNAs will not be an option offered to you.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by flybie
Does this property take SNAs? My reservation shows I can’t use it. Anything special I need to do? Want to burn my SnA.
In my experience, this property does not accept SNAs.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:55 pm

Called before our arrival. Spoke to the room coordinator and got placed in a garden view with a lanai in Hale 5. Anyone have a map of the plane, and know if that’s a good location? Traveling with our 2 year old so we asked to be near the kids pool. Was also told they don’t accept SNAs.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I think they gave you an ideal location for what you asked for. I found the attached map online and don't know how old it is, but the important things are the location of Hale 5 and the "Nalu Adventure Pool" which is the kid's pool. Garden view is likely facing the pool, so I'd say they took good care of you and your request!
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Kacee
At Andaz Globalists get upgrade to best available room at check-in (and they will try really hard to give you the best room they can), full breakfast (which is outstanding), waived resort fee, a welcome gift, and free parking on award stays.

I didn't much care for the room or the property layout at Andaz, and probably would not return, but elite benefits are truly meaningful at Andaz compared to, um, a $10 pp Starbucks credit at WBR. Doesn't mean WBR is not a nice place to stay, or that everyone should choose the Andaz, but it's simply no comparison on the benefits front.
I would love an honest comparison of Andaz Maui / Hyatt Regency Maui and Hilton Grand Wailea and Marriott Wailea / Ritz Carlton Maui - the issue I am finding is that the Marriott properties are all available this winter on points, yet the Hilton/Hyatt options aren’t

I’ve found it very hard to redeem Hyatt points this year…
Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I would love an honest comparison of Andaz Maui / Hyatt Regency Maui and Hilton Grand Wailea and Marriott Wailea / Ritz Carlton Maui - the issue I am finding is that the Marriott properties are all available this winter on points, yet the Hilton/Hyatt options aren’t

Andaz ( former Renaissance) has been a huge hit since its opening, having said that the management limits redemptions, Grand Wailea has most likely the largest water park in the islands along with great facilities finally the Hyatt Maui is another perennial favorite. Marriotts on the other hand have lost their luster, Marriott Wailea's management has sucked all the benefits for travelers out, maintenance is another issue with the Marriotts throughout the islands ( lack of corporate oversight) bottom line Marriott flags continue their downward spiral. Note: prior to selling my interest in a company we were called over to the islands for structural repairs/restorations for many of the major hotels in the Hawaiian Islands for 30 years.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

I'd stay at WBR over Grand Wailea. Didn't much care for Andaz and wouldn't return. If I were to book Hyatt in Wailea, it would be one of the Destination condos.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Good choice the poolside deli has fantastic offerings coupled with Costco at the airport condo works. ( don't forget the donuts) on the way out !
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I'd stay at WBR over Grand Wailea. Didn't much care for Andaz and wouldn't return. If I were to book Hyatt in Wailea, it would be one of the Destination condos.
What about WBR vs Ritz Carlton? Ritz Carlton is at 120K a night, WBR is at 100K. I am currently booked at Ritz but I am somewhat worried regarding distance from other areas of Hawaii, commentary on weather, the Beach being a bit of a walk from the rooms, etc. Wailea Beach Resort seems like it has more typical tropical weather and has a better beach setup. We would be spending time at the adult pool at both resorts, and it seems like both do a good job there. Right now I have five nights booked at Ritz, and two booked at AC (basically a staging hotel before we fly back)
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
Any luck with upgrades?

I only recently emailed the hotel for suggestion on where to book private surfing lessons for my kids. I did NOT even ask about upgrade as a titanium and the person who replied just outlined how much I would have to pay for an upgrade. It was just strange and also she was pushing for PAID upgrade saying it‘s always at full capacity at the hotel.
This was our 3rd time staying at WBR. The day before leaving our resort and going over to WBR, I could see that they were already fully booked. So I called and asked about a paid upgrade, what would my options be. They said there was nothing available to even pay for. At check in, I didn't ask about an upgrade but the front desk agent said thanks for loyalty to Marriott being Titanium, thanks for returning to their property, and that she apologizes for no upgrades being available. She then asked if we would be willing to change rooms the next night to the same room type we had on our very 1st stay to which we said yes. So we spent one night in the regular garden view room that we booked. The next day around 5pm we got a call asking if they could send a bellman for our things and move us to another room. We were getting ready for dinner but quickly packed up. Bellman came a few mins later w/ new bracelets and took us to our new room which was a garden view suite in the Haleakala Tower. Pleasant surprise to say the least.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:30 pm

What about WBR vs Ritz Carlton? Ritz Carlton is at 120K a night, WBR is at 100K. I am currently booked at Ritz but I am somewhat worried regarding distance from other areas of Hawaii, commentary on weather, the Beach being a bit of a walk from the rooms, etc. Wailea Beach Resort seems like it has more typical tropical weather and has a better beach setup. We would be spending time at the adult pool at both resorts, and it seems like both do a good job there. Right now I have five nights booked at Ritz, and two booked at AC (basically a staging hotel before we fly back)
We just got back a few days ago. So from the airport, WBR is about a half hr in one direction towards Kihei. RC is about 50mins in the other direction going past Lahaina and Ka'anapali. We split our time on both sides. The Wailea side does seem to generally have better weather. On the other side, whenever it starts drizzling in Ka'anapali, we go literally 10mins down the street towards Lahaina abd go to the beach there w/ no rain. The area where the Ritz is located is NICE, although a bit secluded. The beach over there you may have to get to early to get a good spot. WBR had a lot of families there last week (mine included) but the adult pool is just that, adults only. It almost unreal how quiet it is at and around that pool.

As for a staging spot for the way back, you can do it one of 2 ways. Most of the flights out of OGG are at night. While at WBR, we met one family that booked their stay there including the night they were leaving. That day they were still at the pool and still had their room to shower, etc before checking out and going to the airport. Their reasoning was that if the flight got cancelled or anything, they still had their room to go back to. Us on the other hand, know how booked WBR was and slim chances for a late check out, I booked one night at the Residence Inn in Wailea where it was easy to get a 4pm checkout. We did 5 nights at WBR (5th night free) and then used a certificate for another night at RI. Stayed the one night there, left at 4pm the next day, took our time for some last minute shopping, found a restaurant for dinner, then headed to the airport for our 8:30pm flight.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I am somewhat worried regarding distance from other areas of Hawaii, commentary on weather, the Beach being a bit of a walk from the rooms, etc. Wailea Beach Resort seems like it has more typical tropical weather and has a better beach setup.
Wailea is in the lea of Haleakula and has the best weather on the island. That's a big part of why it's become so popular. Kapalua is considerably wetter and tends to be windy.

WBR doesn't actually have a beach. It's on a rocky promontory with beaches on both sides. Ulua immediately to the north has a reef and good snorkeling. There are lots of nice beaches in Wailea. Makena, about a 10 minute drive south, is one of the nicer beaches in the islands.

Wailea is mostly new development and can feel generic, but the weather, beaches, and overall convenience make for an appealing combination. Kihei is considerably more local.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:11 am

Wailea is in the lea of Haleakula and has the best weather on the island. That's a big part of why it's become so popular. Kapalua is considerably wetter and tends to be windy.

WBR doesn't actually have a beach. It's on a rocky promontory with beaches on both sides. Ulua immediately to the north has a reef and good snorkeling. There are lots of nice beaches in Wailea. Makena, about a 10 minute drive south, is one of the nicer beaches in the islands.

Wailea is mostly new development and can feel generic, but the weather, beaches, and overall convenience make for an appealing combination. Kihei is considerably more local.
Thanks. Do any of the Marriott (or popular Hilton/Hyatt) options actually sit directly on a beach in Maui? I understand the Four Seasons does but that’s above my pay grade.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Andaz and Grand Wailea both have beaches in front with beach chairs and umbrellas.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:52 pm

Using points + cash next May for 7 nights at WBR for milestone birthday & anniversary trip. I am Platinum. Booked a Premium Ocean View 2 Queens w/Balcony. Would prefer King but was not an option online. May try to contract hotel. Assume these room types are in multiple locations on the resort. Any suggestions as to specific building that is preferable. We are older adults no kids. Would like quiet and views but not have to too walk too far to get places. This is a very long thread so trying to read recent posts but lots to absorb. Any other link hat has good info. My husband has never been to HA and I was last there 40 years ago so I am sure things have changed! Is there a concierge to reach out? Long overdue for a relaxing chill vacation but also looking to go off campus and explore. Thanks for any recommendations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.