Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:11 pm

Hi Jeeves - would love to hear what you have to say about the current condition of the Ren. Wailea when you reurn. We have points ressies for both the Ren and the Marriott Wailea for April and I cannot decide which to pick, I am afraid that the rooms at the Ren are just going to be to worn and neglected. If you happen to stroll past the Marriott, I would truly appreciate an evaluation of the current construction. THANKS!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I stayed at the Ren Wailea last year and the room was in good condition. We had no special view but also didn't pay much. I believe we were offered a paid upgrade at check-in, which we declined.

I've got the same Silver status this year and again will be paying a fairly low rate.

We thought the conceirge desk was awesome and the front desk was kind of lacking. We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and the place was not well run. The hotel pool is about the size of my backyard pool. The beach is great and we liked everything else about the hotel.

I'll try to post a report when I return.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed for a night there in late January and asked about the closing and a got a shrug of the shoulders "they keep changing the dates" response... so wouldn't be surprised if it keeps slipping...

There is currently a 1000 point a night offer on the property too

http://marriott.com/rewards/mesOffer...splayLink=true
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: MR Plat HH Gold, DL Plat, UA 3P
Originally Posted by HappyCheesehead
Hi Jeeves - would love to hear what you have to say about the current condition of the Ren. Wailea when you reurn. We have points ressies for both the Ren and the Marriott Wailea for April and I cannot decide which to pick, I am afraid that the rooms at the Ren are just going to be to worn and neglected. If you happen to stroll past the Marriott, I would truly appreciate an evaluation of the current construction. THANKS!
I am staying here at the Ren right now - based largely on the recommendations of those on this board - and have no regrets. It is an older property, but it is well maintained. I have no problem with the rooms either - as long as you're not expecting an ultra-modern hotel.

As I sit here on the balcony of the 7th floor listening to the pounding of the waves in the middle of the night, somehow the office and the cares of the world seem far away....
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Traviss
There is currently a 1000 point a night offer on the property too

http://marriott.com/rewards/mesOffer...splayLink=true
Hey this is great news. I'm staying on a M11 rate and didn't even know that they had added the bonus point deal. I printed out the promo to remind me to look for the points. ^
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
. . . As I sit here on the balcony of the 7th floor listening to the pounding of the waves in the middle of the night, somehow the office and the cares of the world seem far away. . .

I know preciselly what you mean. It's just killing me that we've not been able to get out there for one last visit yet.

Barry
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:12 pm

I arrive on Saturday

With the snow storm currently rolling thru Toronto, I can't wait!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:30 pm

Sluggy - sounds fabulous to be there right about now! I am sitting here on my second floor listening to the wind howl.

So - are the room fabrics and carpets clean? Walls and wallpaper? I am picky, and even for free don't want to ruin a special vacation by choosing a hotel that is not up to par.

What is is looking like over at the Marriott, construction wise?

Jeeves- thank you for offering to review upon your return. I think it will be very interesting to see your comparison from your prior years stays.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:51 am

So - are the room fabrics and carpets clean? Walls and wallpaper? I am picky, and even for free don't want to ruin a special vacation by choosing a hotel that is not up to par.

What is is looking like over at the Marriott, construction wise?
Everything is clean here. We have not been disappointed at all in the furnishings or decor. It is simply an older hotel. The ocean view rooms have a nice sized balcony with 2 chairs, a table and a lounger chair. We've sat there and watched the whales this week - this is the middle of whale watching season.

Also I would add that the best part for me is the grounds. It gives you the lush, tropical feeling; if you can't feel romantic here you better get the defib paddles out....

I only walked through the Marriott once. The motor lobby area was blocked off and we had to take a circuitous route to get there from the beach side.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the update, Sluggy! I appreciate the follow up. If the rooms and carpet are clean, I might stay there instead of the Marriott. You mention the lobby construction at the Marriott, was the pool under construction too? By the way, Marriott emailed me the name of the Platinum Liason at the Ren, Candy Medinas and I tried to send her an email today but it was returned. Do you know if they still have a Plat Liason at the Ren?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:05 pm

You mention the lobby construction at the Marriott, was the pool under construction too? By the way, Marriott emailed me the name of the Platinum Liason at the Ren, Candy Medinas and I tried to send her an email today but it was returned. Do you know if they still have a Plat Liason at the Ren?
Not sure about pool construction - sorry.

That should be the correct name of the Liason - we couldn't check into our room until after 3pm because of a Plat who was taking too long to leave. She actually walked us up to the room, gave us a few drink coupons, did some research on some reservations and was extremely friendly and nice.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:10 pm

Sluggy - you are so sweet to keep responding and I will leave you alone now to enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, AA Platinum, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Wailea Beach Resort - Maui

I'm considering a trip to Maui and am looking into the Wailea Beach Resort - any thoughts?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Not sure if you are referring to the Marriott or the Ren, but there are a number of past threads on both. I did a quick search, the following might be of interest:

Maui Renaissance Wailea update
Grand Wailea or Marriott/Renaissance Maui
Renaissance Wailea Beach Resort
Old Feb 25, 2007, 3:14 pm

I would check out the Fairmont too. Depending on the price you get, its all suites. I always prefer the extra space on vacation travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.