Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:39 am

Just got back from this resort yesterday. We stayed 5 nights at the resort. The renos are complete and the resort looks great. We stayed on points and asked for an upgrade but they said there was no rooms left unfortunately. We stayed in the main tower and our rooms were very nice. The staff was super friendly everywhere we went on the resort. We spent most of the days exploring the islands so didn't spend a lot of time on the resort. However the new infinity pools are fantastic and the main area looks great, very modern. Also, they did state there was a $20 parking fee per day but it did not show up on my final bill, only the $30/night fee was charged.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the recent updates everyone. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:35 am

Just posted this in another thread and thought it might be helpful here to:

Just got back from this resort yesterday. We stayed 5 nights at the resort. The renos are complete and the resort looks great. We stayed on points and as a gold member asked for an upgrade but they said there weren't any rooms left unfortunately. They did send a nice card with chocolates and champagne as it was our anniversary on the first day of stay. We stayed in the main tower and our rooms were very nice. The staff was super friendly everywhere we went on the resort.

We spent most of the days exploring the islands so didn't spend a lot of time on the resort. However the new infinity pools are fantastic and the main area looks great, very modern. Also, they did state there was a $20 parking fee per day but it did not show up on my final bill, only the $30/night fee was charged.

Last edited by homeyG; Jan 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I like the sound of the upgrades. Stayed there before and it was fine but sounds nicer. We are debating between Westin Maui up in Kaanapali or this property. Fun debates to have....
These are my two best options, too, for a visit we're planning in March 2018, mostly because of sleeping arrangements (we need 3 separate beds, and at these two properties you can get 2 queens and a rollaway). At most of the condos and timeshare type of places (like Maui Ocean Club) you can only get a King bed and a (likely very uncomfortable) queen sofa bed.

But man, the prices! The Westin looks like it may be upwards of $500+resort fee+taxes. The Wailea Marriott actually may end up being cheaper for a basic room, but hard to say this far out. I like that the Wailea Marriott does not require an advanced deposit (Westin does)...that allows me to speculate a bit.

The Wailea Marriott does require that you have all the MR points before making an award reservation though - that's disappointing, considering I've made other points reservations at popular resorts before without having earned the points yet. Anyone know why that is here?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by pokee

The Wailea Marriott does require that you have all the MR points before making an award reservation though - that's disappointing, considering I've made other points reservations at popular resorts before without having earned the points yet. Anyone know why that is here?
Didn't know that, but my guess (and it's only that) is so that people don't make speculative bookings tying up inventory. Technically they could do so if they had the points, but odds are if points are involved people will be more inclined to not do multiple speculative bookings.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Didn't know that, but my guess (and it's only that) is so that people don't make speculative bookings tying up inventory. Technically they could do so if they had the points, but odds are if points are involved people will be more inclined to not do multiple speculative bookings.

Cheers.
Yeah, that's my thinking, since I've done that more than once. But it's still easy enough to do a speculative booking without points, since they do not require a deposit for a stay, as most Maui properties do (so in essence, their revenue policy doesn't match their points policy).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:20 pm

ill be there april 10-17. has anyone received free breakfast secondary to Marriott gold status?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by seamaster73
ill be there april 10-17. has anyone received free breakfast secondary to Marriott gold status?
This hotel is a resort. We stayed as Platinum with no free breakfast.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:14 am

Checked out about 10 days ago and had to pay for full resort fee and parking as platinum. Stayed on points and got an ocean view room upgrade which was nice. Perhaps my expectations were low coming in but overall I had a great stay at this hotel. Friendly staff, clean and very nice hard product with the recent renovations complete.

The grocery/gift store on property had a good selection and totally decent pricing for a Wailea hotel.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:46 am
Suspended

I was in Maui last month, and while I didn´t stay at this Marriott (I was at the Westin Villas in Kaanapali), I did tour the property. I must say that my biggest issue with it is that it is not directly on a beach, but rather is between two beaches that are each a moderate trek from the property (To be fair, one of those beaches, Ulua, is actually my favorite beach in all of Wailea). But this hotel is noticeably upgraded from what it was a few years ago.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by pokee
Is that new? I booked maybe 2 months ago without any points and only a Cat1-5 cert in my account. I finally transferred more SPG over a couple of weeks ago, upgraded the cert, and applied it to the reservation.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by edlin303
Is that new? I booked maybe 2 months ago without any points and only a Cat1-5 cert in my account. I finally transferred more SPG over a couple of weeks ago, upgraded the cert, and applied it to the reservation.
It must be as I stayed last month and only booked 10 days out and didn't even have the points either.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:42 pm

Resort Fees

anyone had any luck getting these waived?
Old May 11, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by scottymon
anyone had any luck getting these waived?
I doubt it. Resort fees seem to stick. What I'd be interested in (so we can add it to the wiki) is what the 'activities & discounts' actually are that come w/ the resort fee. If anyone has stayed there & can remember, please post.

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I doubt it. Resort fees seem to stick. What I'd be interested in (so we can add it to the wiki) is what the 'activities & discounts' actually are that come w/ the resort fee. If anyone has stayed there & can remember, please post.

Cheers.
Was there a couple years ago, but I recall there were items like fitness classes (yoga on the beach?), a photography session with a free photo or two, and a maybe a dry cleaning credit/discount.

If I for some reason saved the little card that tells you the benefits and can find it, I'll post that information here.

Update: I found a card from a stay in 2015. As of then, these were the resort fee benefits:

Unlimited US Domestic, Long Distance, & Local Phone Calls
Outgoing Domestic US Fax Service (up to 20 pages)
15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
30-minute Photo Session with 5x7 Souvenir Photo
Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Daily Fitness Classes
Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
Bicycle rental (2 per day/1 HR free)
Bottled Water (2 per day)
Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
Grandes' Gems: 10% discount on jewelry purchases (excluding special promotions & events); complimentary jewelry cleaning between the hours of 1pm-5pm daily
Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service
Mala Wailea Restaurant: 20% discount in Restaurant at Dinner. Dine-in only. (Not valid in Migrant's and Bar on Holidays. Not valid on Prix Fixe, Tasting, Mala Specials, or Special Event Menus. Not valid on Beverages or in conjunction with other discounts.)
Maluhia Pool: 10% discount on full Cabana & Casabella rentals (subject to availability), dial 0 to make your reservation
Pool Side Concierge & Activities: 20% off boogie board rental; 20% off paddle board rental; 10% off ocean-side cabanas; free introductory scuba lesson ($30.00 value). To make your reservation, please visit the Wailele (Children's pool) Towel Hut.
10% off the Activity of the Day.

Last edited by windhund; Jun 27, 2017 at 3:13 pm Reason: Added resort fee benefits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.